Show off your latest purchases

The PinePower from Pine64, a 65W fast Charger with one USB A and two USB C out. Bought this guy because my Xtorm Charger committed self destruct@AluminiumTech also bought one but mine made it here first.

IMG_E0974.thumb.JPG.f77a3e35bfa35045fc100b66690ae0f7.JPG

IMG_E0975.thumb.JPG.c57a7806d8fda6918e640a96ff3412d1.JPG

Super Generic white Box which came in an even more generic brown Box. Also included in the Box are the ac adapters for Germany and the UK.

IMG_E0976.thumb.JPG.fc02fbc5df85aedce3c5d801b13ceab7.JPG

My Cyber Monday deal: A 92 Liter Volume mini Fridge from Kibernetik for my room. This bad boy was just 155 instead of 199 CHF.

IMG_E0982.thumb.JPG.380e0d049bdf566adedf87e91a67ceac.JPG

IMG_E0983.thumb.JPG.50c4965e2e1558d3def8918fb989bcb9.JPG

*Beverages sold separately

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

This just arrived at my girlfriend's place. 

It was wrapped in packing material, no worries, she just took the wrapping out to show me. 

That said, she did specify to ship it to the post office, rather than her place, because she wouldn't be home. 
They just dropped it on the doorstep, thank goodness she came home soon thereafter.
And then there's this weird thing; I'm Dutch, she's German. They don't sell this phone in the Netherlands so she ordered it from Google Germany. Great, solved. What's weird though is that it's SHIPPED from the Netherlands. Why... on EARTH do they not sell those things here?
Anyway, picking it up soon of course 😉

telegram-cloud-photo-size-2-5278506767061464847-y.jpg.d9ab778bf7869f9090ceb18fce1f0a67.jpg

3 minutes ago, IPD said:

Ah, the wonders of DHL and DeutschePost.

Weirdly DPD does a great job here in the Netherlands. They are definitely my service of choice. 

9 hours ago, soldier_ph said:

mini Fridge from Kibernetik for my room.

Id love to have a fridge in my room. I just dont think the circuit could handle the load. Otherwise Id have a mini fridge full of snacks and drinks. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Ended up buying a Razer Kraken X LITE headset for my old ps4, never thought i would end up on this one.

Useful threads: PSU Tier List | Motherboard Tier List | Graphics Card Cooling Tier List ❤️

Baby: MPG X570 GAMING PLUS | AMD Ryzen 9 5900x /w PBO | Corsair H150i Pro RGB | ASRock RX 7900 XTX Phantom Gaming OC (3020Mhz & 2650Memory) | Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 32GB DDR4 (4x8GB) 3600 MHz | Corsair RM1000x |  WD_BLACK SN850 | WD_BLACK SN750 | Samsung EVO 850 | Kingston A400 |  PNY CS900 | Lian Li O11 Dynamic White | Display(s): Samsung Oddesy G7, ASUS TUF GAMING VG27AQZ 27" & MSI G274F

I also drive a volvo as one does being norwegian haha, a volvo v70 d3 from 2016.

Reliability was a key thing and its my second car, working pretty well for its 6 years age xD

20211202_142801.thumb.jpg.16f3fc591be06155b908a5c0c53eaf5b.jpg

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 12/1/2021 at 9:00 PM, Donut417 said:

Id love to have a fridge in my room. I just dont think the circuit could handle the load. Otherwise Id have a mini fridge full of snacks and drinks. 

Convert every light to LED and ease the circuit load?

2 minutes ago, IPD said:

Convert every light to LED and ease the circuit load?

All my lights are. The problem is me and my moms room share 15 amps between our rooms. Between two air conditioners in the summer, my gaming PC, laptop, two monitors (thinking of adding a 3rd), modem, router, NAS, Switch, Nintendo Switch, Plex server (old Ivy Bridge Gaming PC), and TV. Plus what ever my mom has. The wiring is also older so I rather not test the max of what he circuit can do. Our garage all ready burned down, I dont want to be responsible for the house burning down, especially since we might not be able to get it rebuilt due to the lack of trades men to do it. 

6 minutes ago, IPD said:

Sounds like you need to get proper HVAC.

Old house. Ducting is not setup for central air, and we were told it would be ineffective on the second floor. No we are not putting in new ducting. Plus our electrical panel is filled, and No we are not upgrading that because then we have to conform to current codes and it wouldn't be cost effective. On top of all that, we have a shortage of trades people in this country and its getting more expensive to find electricians, plumbers, and such, which means upgrades like this cost even more. 

If the city wouldn't jerk me around on it. Id look at building one of those home office sheds and just putting my setup in that. Because I think I might be able to get a separate power connection thru DTE and not have to worry about having constraints. But the city would jerk me around and my folks probably wouldn't approve. 

A small fridge draws less than 100W, and intermittently. If that's too much you already have problems...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

4 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

A small fridge draws less than 100W. If that's too much you already have problems...

Im more concerned about the old wiring and it may not be to code,  Then what a 15 amp circuit is capable of. When we had our sewer line replaced, a lot of beer bottles were found. The guy who owned the house previously I think did some of the work. Most of the wiring in the house has been replaced, except the two rooms mentioned above. We haven't blown the circuit yet, but I rather not push it to that point. 

1 minute ago, Donut417 said:

Im more concerned about the old wiring and it may not be to code,  Then what a 15 amp circuit is capable of. When we had our sewer line replaced, a lot of beer bottles were found. The guy who owned the house previously I think did some of the work. Most of the wiring in the house has been replaced, except the two rooms mentioned above. We haven't blown the circuit yet, but I rather not push it to that point. 

I'd think to believe this is more of a fire hazard just by leaving this alone and not fixing the electrical panel/wiring.

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I'd think to believe this is more of a fire hazard just by leaving this alone and not fixing the electrical panel/wiring.

The rest of the wiring should be up to code. Its just the two rooms. Have you seen the cost of a license electrical? Its going to cost us over $1000 to get electrical ran to our garage, and thats going to be a few receptacles and some lighting. I can imagine what they will charge to run new electrical to the bed rooms, plus the extra work of drywall and paint. The fact is, its not my house. My parents dont seem to care, so its not my problem if its a fire hazard. My parents know it could be an issue, my mom complains all the time about all the shit I have in my room. Maybe if the housing market ever gets fixed I can get my own place or find an apartment that doesnt cost 1/2 of my salary. 

Just now, Donut417 said:

The rest of the wiring should be up to code. Its just the two rooms. Have you seen the cost of a license electrical? Its going to cost us over $1000 to get electrical ran to our garage, and thats going to be a few receptacles and some lighting. I can imagine what they will charge to run new electrical to the bed rooms, plus the extra work of drywall and paint. The fact is, its not my house. My parents dont seem to care, so its not my problem if its a fire hazard. My parents know it could be an issue, my mom complains all the time about all the shit I have in my room. Maybe if the housing market ever gets fixed I can get my own place or find an apartment that doesnt cost 1/2 of my salary. 

Just by watching that show "Flip or Flop" or "Love it or List it", sometimes they talk about having to rewire a home, they estimate up to $4,000-$5,000 for the whole home. Yeah it's expensive, that's why those in the trades make a lot of money and the skilled labor shortage adds to it (I think it's because Americans are not interested in these fields and want to work at Walmart/McDonalds). If you say you're parents don't care, then better hope there is homeowners insurance on the house (IIRC, usually there is and required if there is still a mortgage on the home). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

2 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

estimate up to $4,000-$5,000

Thats before the pandemic. We have a shortage of skilled trades people. You add in the cost of an electrician, parts, and permits and its much higher. 

Some parts arrived... 

Still missing the Fractal Design Define XL V2 and Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut... coming next week.

WP_20211203_14_55_16_Rich.jpg

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

iPhone 7 256GB.

Spoiler

753648156_7noserial.jpg.5ae2cddfec9316fff956b0fb1d8b16a0.jpg

The full name if you're curious is:
iPhone 7 Pro Max Mini Plus EX Flip Fold NEO 5G

Please don't tell me to update my phone.
I'm not updating my phone.

elephants

12 hours ago, Donut417 said:

I just spent $3500 on a new main breaker box, an external main shutoff & surge protector (to bring it up to code), rewiring the dryer to a proper 4-prong (instead of jury-rigged 3 into 4), and 4x 240v feeds for a tankless water heater--which facilitated the need in the first place, because there wasn't any more room in the breaker box.

Being a home owner and adulting is a PITA sometimes.