Show off your latest purchases

4 hours ago, frozensun said:

Hi guys.

Went to local IT store (just 2 of them left in my city,due to IT equipment not selling at all for years,inflation,poor country etc) and saw how this is packed (pics).I opened and couldn't resist.

I mean it's not ifixit which could cost me around 80 euros.It's just basic set of tools as you can see.

Too bad the main screwdriver is not magnetic just like these 2 which have some weird edge I don't think I will ever use it on any screwes,who knows maybe they are for iPhone.

I paid around 17 euros for it.

So thoughts, do you like it?

Nice little set that.

I got this little set from Aldi a little while ago.  Think it was about 8 quid

PXL_20211114_120412935.thumb.jpg.82482765d70f6a1dbe053ebf44c8100f.jpgPXL_20211114_120401884.thumb.jpg.8a19fd192d3c748931ccc585910b6a98.jpg

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

1 hour ago, YouSirAreADudeSir said:

I got this little set from Aldi a little while ago.  Think it was about 8 quid

[snip]

I think that should be from Lidl, at least the brand Parkside is only being sold by Lidl where I live, Aldi also sells some similar sets but under different names.

11 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

I think that should be from Lidl, at least the brand Parkside is only being sold by Lidl where I live, Aldi also sells some similar sets but under different names.

I believe so too. I got a Parkside ESD tweezer set that has different size tweezers. They're pretty nice tbh for less than $10. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

I went to the Made in France fair in Paris (MIF Expo) and stumbled upon this perfect coffee table. It is made from the finest oak and feels heavy AF. No veneer or MDF. The table was built in Paris. I have even spoke to the artisan. The price was eye-watering obviously 🙄

IMG_20211114_153832.jpg

Please remember to support high quality journalism. It also included "YubiKey 5 NFC" with the yearly subscription, which is something I was already interested in so subscribing was an easy decision.

1659529989_Screenshot2021-11-14at14-29-02AccountArsTechnicaStore.thumb.png.513e70fdc62da0626b361f219f00caa5.png

10 hours ago, greenhorn said:

9 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

I believe so too. I got a Parkside ESD tweezer set that has different size tweezers. They're pretty nice tbh for less than $10.

Yeah you're both right the little set i got DID come from Lidl..

It was this bigger set of mine that came from Aldi

PXL_20211114_235823412.thumb.jpg.afdc5c8db05454ba86627ca3e6e3ab67.jpgPXL_20211114_235828972.thumb.jpg.3f4edb651ea6bbdaf2d2d04abb429904.jpg

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

2 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

😮

~Snipped~

My parents got me the Titanic last week when the store opened up. (I still have a shelving crisis, so I have a lot of building ahead to do...sometime)

Never saw Home Alone so it'll stay on LEGOs shelves. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

4 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

My parents got me the Titanic last week when the store opened up. (I still have a shelving crisis, so I have a lot of building ahead to do...sometime)

Never saw Home Alone so it'll stay on LEGOs shelves. 

Yeah I have around 40 sets right now and a few knockoofs and I'm struggling for space.  I just bought some white melamine to make a nother shelving unit.  One of my spare bedrooms is just Lego and Blurays and Movie stuff. 

IMG_20210715_224057.jpg

IMG_20210715_224133.jpg

IMG_20211031_174208.jpg

2 minutes ago, King_PIN said:

Yeah I have around 40 sets right now and a few knockoofs and I'm struggling for space.  I just bought some white melamine to make another shelving unit.  One of my spare bedrooms is just Lego and Blurays and Movie stuff. 

~Snipped~

Damn...I'm still always impressed with your LEGO collection (like when you posted them on the Show Off Your LEGOs thread). 

Say, is the lettering on your Saturn V rocket discolored? On mine, they are starting to become pale red and I was wondering if it's from the UV light from the Sun entering through the windows in my room or it's just poor paint.

7 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

Damn...I'm still always impressed with your LEGO collection (like when you posted them on the Show Off Your LEGOs thread). 

Say, is the lettering on your Saturn V rocket discolored? On mine, they are starting to become pale red and I was wondering if it's from the UV light from the Sun entering through the windows in my room or it's just poor paint.

Thanks.  believe that's only been one year of me buying and building Lego.  LOL  

I just looked and it looks fine but I'm always scared to move it because last time I did it broke apart.  

25E92BE6-6F50-4037-A042-BDD9FAA81AE7.thumb.jpeg.431b3570bf8e48a16e100f16f541101d.jpeg

new strap for my garmin foretrex 301

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

@King_PIN

Nice collection.  You know whose face that Michael Myers mask is?  😉

@8tg

Sometimes I miss my old BrickBoy walkman.  Tetris + tapes on the go?  Heaven for a 12 year old BITD.

20 minutes ago, IPD said:

@King_PIN

Nice collection.  You know whose face that Michael Myers mask is?  😉

@8tg

Sometimes I miss my old BrickBoy walkman.  Tetris + tapes on the go?  Heaven for a 12 year old BITD.

I heard it was Shatner's from Star Trek but I never really delved into it.  

Reading about it now while having dinner.  

1 minute ago, IPD said:

cushions have def seen better days.

You should see the ones on mine. They most defiantly seen better days. But they are not detachable so...... 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

My rtx 2060 decided to take a trip to the great GPU graveyard, so a small group of close friends banded together and got me the ryzen 7 5700g to get me back up and running again. i installed it and windows 10 tried to lock me out of my system, but i got my way into it again and now im fully up and running again!

IMG_20211117_091049.jpg

When a man lies he murders some part of the world 
These are the pale deaths 
Which men miscall their lives 
All this I cannot bear to witness any longer 
Cannot the kingdom of salvation 
Take me home

6 hours ago, Lord Sephington said:

My rtx 2060 decided to take a trip to the great GPU graveyard, so a small group of close friends banded together and got me the ryzen 7 5700g to get me back up and running again. i installed it and windows 10 tried to lock me out of my system, but i got my way into it again and now im fully up and running again!

-snip

that should see you through for a little while at least.

Check out RandomgaminginHD's channel on youtube..He's got loads of content and tips on the Radeon Vega integrated graphics

On 11/17/2021 at 2:56 AM, IPD said:

cushions have def seen better days.

Recently replaced with Dekoni elite velours. Comfy.

On 11/17/2021 at 2:58 AM, Donut417 said:

You should see the ones on mine. They most defiantly seen better days. But they are not detachable so...... 

"Not detachable" is just a suggestion. If they're taped/glued on, just rip them off and have new ones at the ready!

USEFUL LINKS:

PSU Tier List F@H stats