Show off your latest purchases

62Wh Battery for my XMG Core 15 AMD Notebook:

IMG20201005191401.thumb.jpg.53d1d0de9878447bf500e7e90f215f2c.jpg

Size Comparison: Smaller = 46Wh and Bigger is the 62Wh Model:

IMG20201005195242.thumb.jpg.e409c70637cec4713b625fc49569e260.jpg

I put the 46Wh Battery into the Box my Notebook came in for safe storage. It now only acts as a backup in case the 62Wh turns into a spicey pillow in the two years I will own this Notebook.

Disassembled my Notebook not only to upgrade the Battery but also to swap out the stock Thermal Paste for NT-H2:

IMG20201005204906.thumb.jpg.ee81ef7174cc2128bf2012f2f63432b3.jpg

IMG20201005210159.thumb.jpg.cff77bf6b444e37ca542071192ad42b2.jpg

IMG20201005210213.thumb.jpg.04bbef6c19cedf042048952d1f459544.jpg

IMG20201005212033.thumb.jpg.422f54456f084c125137a1b9ab9652c4.jpg

So this is the first component upgraded. Next up is upgrading to 32GB of 3200Mhz DDR4 RAM and getting another Seagate FireCuda 520 because I'm running out of space. I'll do a RAID 0 to get all 4TB and the highest possible speeds. I backup my important Data both onto my NAS at Home and my Google Drive but most of the Storage is taken up by games. See full specs down below 👇

@Schnoz @AluminiumTech @Silentprototipe

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

20201005_192326.thumb.jpg.ef1c10c97368fae469465c9924b7b732.jpg

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

On 10/2/2020 at 9:00 PM, Eschew said:

BASN MC100 - MMCX Cable w/In-Line Mic + Control

noice I am thinking on getting a replacement cable for my moondrop ssr as the cable in the right ear is breaking ( but has not effected audio) and a mic would be nice to have.

But tryting to fine a 2pin cable is hard to find with mic

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, Valentyn said:

Got my self some Big box classics, some even still sealed! Got such an amazing haul coming! So excited to relive many of these on proper hardware.

if you have 30 min to spend on big boxes

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

if you have 30 min to spend on big boxes

Beautiful! I love big box games! I've far too many, and too much retro tech for my own good haha.

The Dream of owning everything I've ever played when in the old country when young; and collecting all the 3DFX, FX, and some other gpus.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

3 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

-snipped really cool quake box-

Ok, that quake copy tho.... might be worth running freedos just for that.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Ok, that quake copy tho.... might be worth running freedos just for that.

I actually have a socket 754 Athlon 64 system. Going to be fun!
The best is John Romero lives in Ireland, and also have a still sealed big box copy of Daikatana. Messaged him, and he'll sign them for me also! Like he did my copy of Sigil!

Im off work for a while, and since I can't get an RTX card, well going for some retro fun!

oorNGdk.jpg

WOQ3YYe.jpg

yhNNre8.jpg

Just now, Valentyn said:

Beautiful! I love big box games! I've far too many, and too much retro tech for my own good haha.

The Dream of owning everything I've ever played when in the old country when young; and collecting all the 3DFX, FX, and some other gpus.

I have never owned any game in a big box I was sadly born after that

but that doesn't mean I have found bad boxes

for example my iems came in this awesome box almost like apple level expect with anime

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, Valentyn said:

Im so jealous. Im looking for some grandma to be selling the 25 yearold pc that she has and pick it up.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

Just now, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Im so jealous. Im looking for some grandma to be selling the 25 yearold pc that she has and pick it up.

If you're in the states, some friends actually had great luck at https://www.shopgoodwill.com/

I'm actually surprised at the stuff they're found there. Ireland is so limited with old games, and tech. Very few brick and mortar stores to thrift in.

3 minutes ago, Benji said:

What do you actually need that for?

I don't need it at all.

I wanted it to do the same thing Linus did: Take my PC out of my room and put it into a 19" rack. (But with double the bandwith)

(lol, edited this post like a billion times. english grammar hard much)

20 hours ago, Valentyn said:

The best is John Romero lives in Ireland, and also have a still sealed big box copy of Daikatana. Messaged him, and he'll sign them for me also! Like he did my copy of Sigil!

Im off work for a while, and since I can't get an RTX card, well going for some retro fun!

21 hours ago, Valentyn said:

Got my self some Big box classics, some even still sealed! Got such an amazing haul coming! So excited to relive many of these on proper hardware.

I miss Big box art. That is what I hate the most about the steam store and others alike.

3 minutes ago, FmPhenom said:

I miss Big box art. That is what I hate the most about the steam store and others alike.

Same here! I tend to try and buy a physical collector's edtion or big box equivalent. Then get the digital version.

I love having physical copies.

44 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Same here! I tend to try and buy a physical collector's edtion or big box equivalent. Then get the digital version.

I love having physical copies.

spacer.png

7 minutes ago, FmPhenom said:

spacer.png

Might be!

31a3rZc.gif

My lady friend recently scrolled through my ebay purchase history for the last month, and I think she had an aneurysm.
I've been bored silly, and blew way way too much on still sealed games, and old tech!

Buy the old game, still sealed. Go to GoG, or abandonware site to get it. Happy days!

This arrived today! New old stock! The beauty still had that new tech smell after 18 years! 

Cant wait for others to arrive 

EFF3A8BE-B144-4EA2-827C-B0B1B3F03E15.thumb.jpeg.522cd0b7ad758bbf73738ff4b3b49a84.jpeg79937A8C-2BB2-4B15-AA45-D5C5B5225EB4.thumb.jpeg.352a600513d4f5fbf01f261a1480d416.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Lucky bugger!

Yeah i wouldn't buy this model myself though if the plan was to keep the original cooler. It sounds like a jet engine under load. Also it's rather impressive how much heat is exhausted at the top of my case :D

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

21 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

Yeah i wouldn't buy this model myself though if the plan was to keep the original cooler. It sounds like a jet engine under load. Also it's rather impressive how much heat is exhausted at the top of my case :D

That bad? Usually PNY have decent stuff. A friend got a Palit and it's been really quite.

1 hour ago, Stahlmann said:

1 hour ago, Valentyn said:

That bad? Usually PNY have decent stuff. A friend got a Palit and it's been really quite.

I guess this has more to do with the amount of heat that the 3080 spits out and not with the cooler itself.

22 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I guess this has more to do with the amount of heat that the 3080 spits out and not with the cooler itself.

Also @Valentyn

I guess it's quite a few things. As you see in the picture, the shroud is pretty restrictive aswell. For reference, i had a 1080Ti blower in the past, and this was still quieter than this 3080 triple fan design. Under load it gets up to 78°C with about 2200 RPM on the fans. Also keep in mind that i have a rad with 600 RPM fans and a res behind it, so my front airflow is not much. I guess with a more open design and more airflow the cooler will do a better job. But like i already said, the waterblock is coming on friday, so it's not a problem for long.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

2 hours ago, Stahlmann said:

Also @Valentyn

I guess it's quite a few things. As you see in the picture, the shroud is pretty restrictive aswell. For reference, i had a 1080Ti blower in the past, and this was still quieter than this 3080 triple fan design. Under load it gets up to 78°C with about 2200 RPM on the fans. Also keep in mind that i have a rad with 600 RPM fans and a res behind it, so my front airflow is not much. I guess with a more open design and more airflow the cooler will do a better job. But like i already said, the waterblock is coming on friday, so it's not a problem for long.

Sounds like the restriction and design is an issue. My friend with an overclocked Palit model has it significanly more quiet than my Titan V was in games.

Seems the PNY likely does need a lot more airflow, my friend and I are air cooling fans, so Phanteks Enthoo Luxe with really good positive pressure.

I'd say once you have the block on it, you'll be well sorted.

I'm still desperately trying to get an FE 3090 for my workstation from the UK store. It's such a mess.