Show off your latest purchases

On 4/25/2020 at 5:26 AM, Steemax said:

Space is tight in my 1br apartment, my computer is side by side with my wife's so I had to go vertical. Purchased a vertical monitor mount and a LG 25 BL55WY-B and StarTech ARMBARDUOV Vertical Dual Monitor Stand. Also picked up my new Vortex Race 3 keyboard with Kraken USB cable. 

20200422_164140.thumb.jpg.5e148bbbcab01caca321ba56ed466dd1.jpg

Wow such a beautiful keyboard!

What is it and where do i get one? And how many limbs should i remove to sell?

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

5 hours ago, Dackzy said:

nice bike, I heard it did quite well in the pinkbike test. I personally ride a YT Jeffsy AL base 29er from 2019 where I have upgraded the drivetrain to 12 speed SLX and XT mix and then a Hope fortus rear wheel.

Also quite like Hope stuff, use the pro-4 hubs front and rear. But use Shimano hubs on my two other bikes.

The bossnut did do quite well in the bike test, I chose it over a Trek Fuel EX 9.9 because it was only 2kg more weight, fit me better and was 5k cheaper.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

2 hours ago, GreyestGoat said:

Wow such a beautiful keyboard!

What is it and where do i get one? And how many limbs should i remove to sell?

Thank you! it's called the Vortex Race 3 RGB. I got it from Mechanicalkeyboards.com

it was $160 plus $42 for the cable which is optional. 

AMD Ryzen 1700x

ASRock x370 Taichi

Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB GDDR4 3200

EVGA GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N

Fractal Meshify C

Samsung Evo 960 Nvme M.2 500gb & WD Blue 1TB

Corsair TX850M Gold

Alienware AW2518H 240Hz Gsync

Audioengine A2+ & Sennheiser HD6xx /w Fiio K5 Pro

Deepcool Captain 240Pro V2

Vortex Race 3 Cherry Mx Red

Corsair Vengeance M65 PRO RGB

Back at the end of March, I bought a ThinkPad t540p, with the following specs

• i5 4300m @ 2.6ghz
  • 8GB
  • 500GB HDD
  • 1920X1080 Display 
  • Nvidia GeForce 730m GPU

I wanted a smaller computer to take around since my 17" Elitebook is just to big.

I also want a new computer to tinker around with. 

Since I got it, I've put a 1TB SSD in it, upgraded the ram to 16GB and swapped the awful original trackpad for a much better one.

The next upgrades I'm planning on doing is replacing the cpu with a quad core i7 (probably a 4710mq) and put a 3k display in it.

20200426_183902.jpg

11 hours ago, divito said:

Why not Plex? Then you can access your videos and music. Or you'd rather not have a server on at all times and using bandwidth?

I've thought of some other services, but my Plex fills gaps in Netflix and Prime video, and my Plex fills in other gaps for Spotify.

Plex needs an opened computer and I believe it's a bandwidth whore? Also I have no video stuff really so music speciality it is for me. Astiga has nearly all the functionalities of Spotify. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

A Replacement quick-release pin for my Sto N Sho Bracket (silver piece below)

Sto N Sho Mustang Detachable License Plate Bracket (87-93) LX SNS 57

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

aog22tv387v41.jpgXbox controllers were worth it just for the box

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

23 hours ago, imreloadin said:

I'm pretty sure you're doing it wrong😉

I'm new to consoles, but surely it's how you do it with wireless controllers right?!

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

On 4/26/2020 at 1:38 PM, Volbet said:

New DAC, who dis?

IMG_20200426_142918.thumb.jpg.9adc3d73e5370f086b942772f71ac0a2.jpg

Found a NAD M51 for a really good price on the used market.

For anyone that knows their audio, this is a pretty (in)famous DAC. It basically takes PCM signals and converts and upsamples them to PWM prior to the final conversion to analog. It's a baffling design decision, but I'm curious as to how it'll measure.

It was rather difficult to take this picture. This weigh in on the better side of 12lb.

It's also rather funny that it says "digital DAC" on the front. As opposed to all those analog DACs out there.

Also has probably the best digital pre-amp aswell. 0 loss due to it being 35 bit, not 24 or anything else.

Also, direct-digital refers to it's topology being essentially fully digital from input to output, as its PWM. :)

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

Some better pictures of the bike:

IMG_4316.thumb.JPG.27407d241a628c1fdf60ade1cf75148d.JPG

Overall, very happy with the forks. Stiffer than the old ones, better small bump sensitivity, adjustable travel (130mm-160mm, in 10mm increments, but sure you could cut a spacer in half to get 5mm increments) and a very good axle system. Install's the exact same as any other "normal" fork.

Much easier to service than a Fox or Rockshox fork. Uses grease on the seals + bushings instead of oil, so you don't need an oil pan to drop the lowers. Entire damper can be replaced as one unit, and only requires a 4mm, 5mm hex and large adjustable wrench to get into.

I might try an SR Suntour Durolux on the bike instead to see if the extra stiffness is worth it. Most likely won't be as I'm not exactly the heaviest or largest person in the world.

Adjustment overall is easy to use on the fly, and has plenty of range. Better than a Rockshox fork with only 5 clicks of LSC and around 8-9 of rebound.

5 hours ago, Derkoli said:

Also, direct-digital refers to it's topology being essentially fully digital from input to output, as its PWM. :)

I know what it means. I was just seeing an opportunity for a really cheap joke.

I haven't actually tried using it as a pre-amp yet. I just have it hooked d up to my headphone amplifier and I use that to control the volume. I have had quite a few problems with amplifiers reacting weirdly to being feed anything less than a line-level signal.

I know the M51 is doing digital volume control, so that shouldn't be an issue, but I guess old habits die hard.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

Philps OneBlade Face & Body kit:

IMG20200428185140.thumb.jpg.1a3e841209304bd0414eb40bbc2ee16f.jpg

It comes with the two blades (one for face the other for Body, the latter one just has a yellow plastic thing so you don't cut yoruself), 1,2,3 and 5 mm attachments, a plastic cover and a yellow special attachment. The OneBlade itself has a 1 hour battery and should recharge in four hours (I'm charging it rn so that I can try it out tomorrow in the shower)

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.

My battery lasts for months but I use it probably once or twice a month :P

BTW that cover on the second head comes off if you want to, I bought the body blades too and then ditched the guards as I didn't notice any difference.

Overall is a pretty good machine altho I wonder if it wouldn't be better to buy a proper professional barber machine and not need to buy a new blade every  month or two :/

Lets see, a used 2.5TB WD green, a used R7 250 graphics card cause I needed a cheap single slot card, and a Dark Rock 4 that's missing it's fan and fan clips. Paid around $30 for each item!

I bought a replacement battery for my old Dell Latitude E6320. I debated it a while because the laptop is getting a bit long in the tooth, but it does surf the web alright and plays a few games still. Good enough to sit at a coffee shop and check email and such.

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Whelp ordered a new bike, arriving sometime next weekish. Specialized Creo Comp Carbon Evo, very very excited.

Bought a Fitbit charge 4. I broke my applewatch and didnt wanna shell out close to $1000 CAD for a new aluminum body one with things being what they are right now. The fitbit does a fairly large amount of what I was using the apple watch for and it cost me less than 200 bucks so for now its fitbit life for me

I ordered this Moto G8 power in blue (the black model is uggo) on the 17th of March and I just got it 1 hour ago! I know there are "better" phones for the money. But the large screen, 5000 mAh battery and stereo speakers make me grin like an idiot. 

IMG_20200429_125156.jpgUPDATE: I have been playing with the G8 power for hours. So far so good. I love the screen and speakers. I am most surprised by the headphone jack. It's shockingly good! I never thought that a throwaway budget beater phone could have a decently competent DAC! 

image.thumb.png.8c8cdb11b92c1709ed14c9482c3de6f3.png

Nothing spectacular. Also been buying a lot of Jersey's as well

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo