Show off your latest purchases

1 minute ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

and you're very welcome for helping ya out with that :^) 💜

yes

Trust me, carrying that CRT was weird as hell, especially as my hand decided that getting sweaty on the screen was a good idea.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

Just now, handymanshandle said:

yes

Trust me, carrying that CRT was weird as hell, especially as my hand decided that getting sweaty on the screen was a good idea.

yeah carrying CRTs can be pretty awkward lol

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Bethesda PC:   R7 3700X  -  Asrock B550 Extreme 4  -  Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 16GB@3.6GHz -  Zotac AMP Extreme 1080TI -  Samsung 860 Evo 256GB  -  WD Blue 2TB SSD -  500DX  -  Stock cooling lul  -  Rm650x

CrumpleBox V3:  Xeon X5680  -  Asus X58 Sabertooth  -  DDr3 16GB@1.33Ghz  -  Gigabyte 1660s -  TT smart RGB 700W  -  

Cooler Master Storm Trooper  -  120GB Samsung 850 Pro   -  LTT Edition Chromax NH-D15 ?

CrumpleBox 3 ROTF: I5-6400  -  MSI B150m Mortar  -  16GB 2133Mhz Vengeance Pro RGB  -  Strix 1070Ti - GTX 1070 FE  -  Adata 128GB SSD  -  Fractal Design Define C  -  Gammaxx 400V2  -  Cooler Master silent pro gold 1000W

CrumpleBox 2: i7-7820x - MSI X299 Raider - 32GB Thermaltake Toughram 3.6Ghz - 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury - 128GB PCie Adata SSD - O11 Dynamic - EVGA CLC 360 - Corsair RM1000X

Perhiperals:  Gateway 900p60 monitor  -  Dell 1024x768@75  -  Logi. G403 Carbon  -  Logi. G502  -  SteSer. Arctis 5  -  SteSer. Rival 110 - Corsair Strafe RGB MK.2

On 3/22/2020 at 6:46 AM, Volbet said:

I got a pretty decent deal on this:

IMG_20200322_134402.thumb.jpg.ee908b7dc67923f963c2a3da5b3c4c27.jpg

At this rate my new PC will be assembled in 2028.

So cool! You still could use a cheaper CPU and not necesarilly what's hot at this moment, there are some good options out there...

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

14 hours ago, seagate_surfer said:

So cool! You still could use a cheaper CPU and not necesarilly what's hot at this moment, there are some good options out there...

Yeah, I would probably be fine with a Ryzen 5 or one of Intel's quad core offerings, but I got my CPU for free and there's no beating that price.

If you're referring to the GPU, then you're also right, but I got it 20% off, since the box had been opened.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

2 hours ago, Volbet said:

Yeah, I would probably be fine with a Ryzen 5 or one of Intel's quad core offerings, but I got my CPU for free and there's no beating that price.

If you're referring to the GPU, then you're also right, but I got it 20% off, since the box had been opened.

Yeah, you are right! Cheers... 😎👍

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming

1 hour ago, Valentyn said:

Just got this little fella to do some extra folding, and number crunching.

Happy days!

Cool! 

2 hours ago, seagate_surfer said:

Cool! 

Gotta do my part for the Covid19 drug test projects.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

38 minutes ago, Valentyn said:

Gotta do my part for the Covid19 drug test projects.

That seemed too good to me, I love this attitude that the tech community has taken to help. Empathy is what moves us, there is no better time to quote this from The Four Oxen and the Lion. "United we stand, divided we fall"

Resultado de imagen para Aesop, united we stand

...but it weren't! Weren't, weren't weren't, weren't weren't weren't!

FoD6h.png

I'm surprised I remember that at all, it's been ages since I've watched King George and the Ducky lol, but since shit's super slow, I might as well cop myself another VHS opening-material tape to potentially watch.

Like many others, my latest actual purchase was food and toiletries for the human malware. However, my latest fun purchase was a nice 1 meter USB Micro-B cable for my Fuji mirrorless camera. The factory one is of sufficient quality, but not long enough to leave tethered to my home computer and get at it from the front.

s-l1600 (1).jpg

My Current Setup:

AMD Ryzen 5900X

Kingston HyperX Fury 3200mhz 2x16GB

MSI B450 Gaming Plus

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

EVGA RTX 3060 Ti XC

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB

WD 5400RPM 2TB

EVGA G3 750W

Corsair Carbide 300R

Arctic Fans 140mm x4 120mm x 1

Got some D-Brand skins!

IMG_16811.thumb.jpg.ace3aacd1596fc102a1313a0851b013a.jpg

I got the purple Z Flip, maybe I should have gone with the black instead, ah well still looks good to me! Btw I don't have a hair dryer, I used a lighter and it worked good enough!

IMG_16821.thumb.jpg.ad7a9873e906232e2405b623d370bf8f.jpg

11" Pro 2020

20200326_121815.thumb.jpg.e0c2fedd11e582955cd64eca27d6499c.jpg

Big camera...

20200326_122130.thumb.jpg.3322edc1775cfcc31d02fc8fc082e86c.jpg

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

On 3/24/2020 at 7:25 PM, seagate_surfer said:

United we stand, divided we fall

but also let's divide for social distancing

For the wife 👍

HP 14" Laptop, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, 4GB SDRAM, 128GB SSD, Whisper Silver, 14-dk0028wm

7cf4a29c-f76d-4f3b-a29f-0f86dbae6abd_1.ff4ead03ea9e1df087acd6aac09bbea2.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

On 3/18/2020 at 7:38 PM, Bitter said:

My Le Grand Mach RT came in. Heckin chonker! The mounting system is a little complex but very sturdy looking on a dry fit, the heat sink is BIG, and the bottom is finished super nicely.  Pardon my messy desk!

IMG_20200318_184204.jpg

I'm going taboo here and quoting myself. I ended up lapping the bottom to bare copper because there's a high spot that was lined up with the Ryzen IHS high spot so I was getting about 1/2 a penny worth of actual contact area. I also lapped the high spot and high lips on the IHS down some too, but strangely my temps weren't any different so I guess that wasn't the whole problem or the largest problem. Tomorrow I plan on tackling this with some modeling clay so I can SEE what's happening instead of just assuming. I suspect I have a mounting issue, likely due to installer error (my error) and that once it's solved I hope to get some VERY spectacular temps given that both surfaces are flat enough that they feel like setting machinist gauge blocks together.IMG_20200322_221918.thumb.jpg.33ea690c5351ae9277454bc4ce52bebd.jpg

BTW, lapping stuff down to this level of flat/smooth is very easy just time consuming. Lapping Ryzen is SUPER easy though! Use the CPU holder it came boxed in as a CPU holder when lapping and you've got nearly zero risk of damaging any pins on it.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1167774-2700x-le-grand-macho-rt-terrible-temps/

I'll make some updates tomorrow as I figure out what's gone wrong.

Did you know that back in the early 1990s, Hanna-Barbera released a lot of things onto LaserDisc? No, I'm not kidding, they released damn near everything that they did on VHS onto LaserDisc, too, with the help of LaserDisc distributor Image Entertainment.

Fqqoz.png

I grabbed a copy of Rockin' with Judy Jetson as it wasn't a bad price, at least for what I wanted.

Server: Cray CS-Storm 2626X8 2U High Density multi-GPU Hybrid Rackmount Server Barebone

GPU: NVIDIA Tesla K40 GPU 12GB GDDR5 PCIe 3.0 x 2

CPU: E5-2650 v3 x2 Paired

Will update with photos when shipment arrives.

Part of my Project Steamroller.

*Update - 02April2020

K40's arrived

photo.thumb.jpg.3099fa1df30fbadd6fd26ce91ac9a74c.jpg

Edited by SansVarnic
Update

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Small purchase, getting ready to install new forks on my bike :)

image.thumb.png.2e29bf0c03973e74c795e77edbed3ffb.png

Also got a boost conversion kit from VeloSolo, will post impression's when it arrives, looks to be extremely well made.

image.png.567ef51a942f7f96c517bf34178eacac.png

DSCF2602W.jpg

And some volume tokens for the fork from SR Suntour: (15 dollars shipping lol)

image.png.66e4464ee5480c7ca20d49698f4bf35f.png

Next thing is ordering the Star fangled nut and the installer for it, and obviously the forks. Going to order the lot when everything else has arrived.

LTT's Resident Porsche fanboy and nutjob Audiophile.

Main speaker setup is now;

Mini DSP SHD Studio -> 2x Mola Mola Tambaqui DAC's (fed by AES/EBU, one feeds the left sub and main, the other feeds the right side) -> 2x Neumann KH420 + 2x Neumann KH870

(Having a totally seperate DAC for each channel is game changing for sound quality)

I'm living vicariously through you guys. I have a shopping addiction, but recently with the Corona virus and with trying to start a detail company it's helped me avoid emotional binge buying. 😚

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, valdyrgramr said:

I have a pizza making addiction myself, but I really need to lay off the sauce.   :s I bought like 6 pounds of it.

-Image Snip-

Bon Appétit !

You can take a look at all of the Tech that I own and have owned over the years in my About Me section and on my Profile.

I'm Swiss and my Mother language is Swiss German of course, I speak the Aargauer dialect. If you want to watch a great video about Swiss German which explains the language and outlines the Basics, then click here.

If I could just play Videogames and consume Cool Content all day long for the rest of my life, then that would be sick.