Show off your latest purchases

I loved the Junji Ito story about the cats, I liked it so much I bought a copy and sent it to my stepmother who loves cats but has ZERO experience with Japanese literature. She really liked it!

20200307_135319.thumb.jpg.1105c47691f74808a03adaa60b9fe561.jpg

*happy squeal noises*

Total Cost: $10.82, New Product. I love 5 year old gift cards with no expiry dates.

正直に生きる、一度きりの人生だから

Keeb Weeb LinksCustom Mechanical Keyboards | #KeebWeebClub

'Chew Builds: Hoshī (PC) | Okashī (PC) | K-4398 (Keeb) | Eighty #391 (Keeb) | R2-968 (Keeb) | MGK64 (Keeb)

9 hours ago, Volbet said:

I haven't really updated you guys on my reading journey as promised, but here's some of the books I've purchased recently:

Spoiler

IMG_20200307_131359__01.thumb.jpg.194cfb98c890966da85d0c83bc74a7d3.jpg

I see Heidegger and Ayn Rand in your list.

Ever read Hannah Arendt?

Ayn Rand is interesting... But, imo, shouldn't be touched until other philosopher's have been "integrated" before, if it's a first read of her.

20 hours ago, Cora_Lie said:

I see Heidegger and Ayn Rand in your list.

Ever read Hannah Arendt?

Ayn Rand is interesting... But, imo, shouldn't be touched until other philosopher's have been "integrated" before, if it's a first read of her.

I have read some Hannah Arendt. Although, I've mainly concerned myself with her political works, but I do have two of her philosophical books coming up on my reading list:

IMG_20200308_053615__01.thumb.jpg.d9532dc4b37eb1adf8ce5d333684e4f6.jpg

The bottom book is a Danish translation of the Life of the Mind

Ayn Rand is someone I read mainly out of morbid curiosity. Apart from We the Living I've read all her novels and I've read a huge chunk of her philosophical and political works (again, excluding Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology). 

Some years ago, on this very forum, I did a rather surface level critique of objectivism.

I don't necessarily consider Ayn Rand a philosopher, but rather a theorist. Her grasp on the philosophical tradition and methodology was lacking at best, and her work always aimed for a more practical approach than most philosophy.

On 3/7/2020 at 3:00 PM, Bitter said:

I loved the Junji Ito story about the cats, I liked it so much I bought a copy and sent it to my stepmother who loves cats but has ZERO experience with Japanese literature. She really liked it!

I'm actually not too familiar with his work. My wife just convinced me I'll like it. All of the manga omnibi are her idea. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

10 minutes ago, Volbet said:

I'm actually not too familiar with his work. My wife just convinced me I'll like it. All of the manga omnibi are her idea. 

I think you'll like it, it's suspenseful and fairly well written with very enjoyable artwork.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I think you'll like it, it's suspenseful and fairly well written with very enjoyable artwork.

I, too, think I will. I have Gyo and Uzumaki coming in the mail the coming week, so I'll probably end up reading those three back-to-back. 

But I haven't read much manga in my life, so it might just be a bit of a cultural adjustment. 

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

18 minutes ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

b37ucd.png

First time flying will be interesting but worth it.

That's when I bought the ticket lol

...never thought this day would come, honestly. I'd be lying if I acted like I wasn't nervous about introducing you, but I don't think I have that much to lose. ?

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

2 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

...never thought this day would come, honestly. I'd be lying if I acted like I wasn't nervous about introducing you, but I don't think I have that much to lose. ?

I'm glad it's happening though :^) We both need it, and well the nervousness it's normal. ?

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

14 hours ago, pinksnowbirdie said:

b37ucd.png

First time flying will be interesting but worth it.

That's when I bought the ticket lol

Man that's crazy expensive for just 1000 miles. Is that one way only? 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Doom Eternal Deluxe at $130 CDN (Steam) after tax.

At this frigging price they should ship you out something tangible. ?

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

That's super expensive, but likely due to lack of choice at the destination and number of hops needed to get there.

http://www.flyhuntsville.com/hsv/airline-information/

yeah it's not a very big airport. It'd be a lot cheaper if I was just going to Atlanta lol

I only have one layover as my image shows lol bit of the benefit living in the state of an airline Delta purchased around a decade ago (well 12 years I guess lol)

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

2 hours ago, Bitter said:

That's super expensive, but likely due to lack of choice at the destination and number of hops needed to get there.

http://www.flyhuntsville.com/hsv/airline-information/

Huntsville International Airport has been rated as one of the most expensive American airports to fly out of for years. 

It's why a lot of people just drive up to Nashville to fly out, because two hours means nothing when you're saving a few hundred dollars by just not flying out of Huntsville.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

28 minutes ago, handymanshandle said:

Huntsville International Airport has been rated as one of the most expensive American airports to fly out of for years. 

It's why a lot of people just drive up to Nashville to fly out, because two hours means nothing when you're saving a few hundred dollars by just not flying out of Huntsville.

But how are you two gonna bump bumpers if one of you is flying in and doesn't have their weird car? You both need your cars together so you can show each other their quirks and features!

6 hours ago, Jeve Stobs said:

My latest purchase: https://home.lamarzoccousa.com/product/linea-mini/#machine

It pulls some great shots for late night work.

At that price it better give an orgasm. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

52 minutes ago, Andreas Lilja said:

At that price it better give an orgasm. 

Oh it does... ?

1 hour ago, kokakolia said:

A fresh baguette « tradition » near my house for 1€. It’s 1€ everyday. 

That looks great. I really miss French baguette and croissant. We do have similar products here, but they are of greatly inferior quality most of the time and cost 2 to 3 times more unfortunately.

16 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

That looks great. I really miss French baguette and croissant. We do have similar products here, but they are of greatly inferior quality most of the time and cost 2 to 3 times more unfortunately.

I know the feels! I was in Canada before recently moving to France. The bread was so forgettable there, unless you paid $9 for a loaf of delicious sour dough bread from a traditional bakery. And if you’re lucky you’ll find a good loaf of bread for $3 at the menonytes. 

5 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

I know the feels! I was in Canada before recently moving to France. The bread was so forgettable there, unless you paid $9 for a loaf of delicious sour dough bread from a traditional bakery. And if you’re lucky you’ll find a good loaf of bread for $3 at the menonytes. 

It's similar here, it is difficult to find any kind of good bread that is affordable. My solution is to buy the more expensive bread but to eat less of it. That being said, I am always happy when I am travelling to a country were I can get affordable, high-quality French/Italian/Oriental bread.