Show off your latest purchases

6 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

To be honest, this picture looks more like a slice of some dried fruit with spots of mold on it.

Wooosh!! Anyways, it’s just a pretzel in a chip form. I do enjoy this very much. It’s great for dips. These would no doubt sell very well in North America. Just up the salt and sugar and you’re golden. 

2 minutes ago, kokakolia said:

Wooosh!! Anyways, it’s just a pretzel in a chip form. I do enjoy this very much. It’s great for dips. These would no doubt sell very well in North America. Just up the salt and sugar and you’re golden. 

I hope my comment hasn't spoiled your appetite. Judging from your description, those crisps sound delicious.

9 minutes ago, greenhorn said:

I hope my comment hasn't spoiled your appetite. Judging from your description, those crisps sound delicious.

They really are! I can’t stop eating them. And now I’m sad that I hav to take the bus for 1 hour to find the little Romanian shop that sells them. 

2 hours ago, kokakolia said:

They really are! I can’t stop eating them. And now I’m sad that I hav to take the bus for 1 hour to find the little Romanian shop that sells them. 

Stock up. Buy out the store.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

Subwoofer that fits under the glove box for my Volvo 240

Engine goop for the same car

..and a bunch of black bumper trim and glt grille

DSC02854.JPG

DSC02851.JPG

DSC02852.JPG

5 hours ago, Sealance said:

Volvo 240

LOVE 240's. They are so hard to find around here, and in decent shape. Is yours a wagon or sedan?

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

6 hours ago, MEC-777 said:

LOVE 240's. They are so hard to find around here, and in decent shape. Is yours a wagon or sedan?

-87 DL Sedan. Last model year with the hand bag hanger ;)

5 hours ago, Sealance said:

-87 DL Sedan. Last model year with the hand bag hanger ;)

Hand bag hanger?

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

3El3nVZ.jpg

Two retro games (with what I need to be able to play them currently in transit because Amazon take days to find, pack and ship a single item).

6 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Hand bag hanger?

Choke :D

9 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Hand bag hanger?

2 hours ago, Sealance said:

Choke :D

I was serious. I've never seen a hand bag hanger in a car, at least not under that name. Are you referring to a place to hang a purse? Hand bag is a name for a type of purse here in the SSA. Is that what you mean by hand bag or does it mean something else in your neck of the world?

Jeannie

I'm thinking they're talking about the old coat hanger hooks in a vehicle that's mounted along the top/sides of the interior, usually right above the rear passenger door/windows.
Could be wrong but that's what I'm getting from the description.

Either that or it's a variant of an "O-SH!T!!!" handle for the front-passenger.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

15 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I was serious. I've never seen a hand bag hanger in a car, at least not under that name. Are you referring to a place to hang a purse? Hand bag is a name for a type of purse here in the SSA. Is that what you mean by hand bag or does it mean something else in your neck of the world?

I think they're referring to a choke knob. Old engines with carburettors have a "choke" actuator to help start it in colder temps. I'm guessing where this knob was situated, it easily doubled as a hand bag hanger. ;)

https://car-images.bauersecure.com/pagefiles/14215/480x0/1_choke-lever-2.jpg?scale=down

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Could be, my first car had a manual choke so it's nothing strange to me - Preferred by me in fact with a carburtorated engine.
Simple to use and gets it going if it's gonna start at all.

I'm no stranger to setting ignition points either. ?

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

7 minutes ago, MEC-777 said:

I think they're referring to a choke knob. Old engines with carburettors have a "choke" actuator to help start it in colder temps. I'm guessing where this knob was situated, it easily doubled as a hand bag hanger. ;)

https://car-images.bauersecure.com/pagefiles/14215/480x0/1_choke-lever-2.jpg?scale=down

Ok, I know darned well what a manual choke knob is. I've had a few cars (and a pickup) that had them (I liked them better than the early automatic chokes). I never, ever, saw one used as a purse hanger. That's right up there with the "cup holder" on a computer.

Jeannie

Got a smart thermostat for my 240V baseboard heaters in my living room. Supports HomeKit, IFTTT, Google Assistant, Alexa, and SmartThings. 

Overall I’m very pleased. My old thermostat was a knob with a bi-metal strip and a spring. It would constantly run at full power if the wall was cold, but the air was at the right temp. No more waking up to really warm rooms and high monthly power bills! The app is pretty well structured and supports geo-fencing, so the heaters automatically are set to “away” and override schedules to help save energy as well. 

Installation was fairly simple if you have worked with 120/240v house wiring before. Mysa also makes a unit compatible with radiant in floor systems as well.

E44F9502-9DD8-4537-BDAC-E42ECE66CC52.thumb.jpeg.9159737b54fb0fd2c9eb281725d8903a.jpeg

67ED3AD7-14F4-4C00-A4B1-E7254C0D1403.thumb.jpeg.020799e2413321957744910b1279c3f2.jpeg

02F0AAF8-6AEF-4C43-A8E1-9E8758CF14DF.thumb.jpeg.fbb19176922db8743ba19f8972c75972.jpeg

2A32BAB5-FD22-4302-BFF5-2DF47912E338.thumb.png.ecba3a3fc4d6c976a04e758140ec5033.png

Let me know if you guys have any questions or are curious about it. It’s one of the only line-voltage smart thermostats I could find with decent reviews.

Currently only available in the USA and Canada.

▶ Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning. - Einstein◀

Please remember to mark a thread as solved if your issue has been fixed, it helps other who may stumble across the thread at a later point in time.

22 hours ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

It was quite common here for elderly ladies to pull the choke out and hang their handbags on it here.. hence the choke is jokingly referred to as the hand bang hanger ;)

Now though, cars don't come with manual chokes

O6t500Z.jpg

And I now have the item required to play said retro games (along with a bonus game and an extra controller since I really don't want to by using the included ones), although...

jAn2y2f.jpg

It also came with an adaptor of death.

2 hours ago, Sealance said:

It was quite common here for elderly ladies to pull the choke out and hang their handbags on it here.. hence the choke is jokingly referred to as the hand bang hanger ;)

Now though, cars don't come with manual chokes

Curious. I was born during the Truman administration and I do not recall every seeing the manual choke used for that. different strokes for different folks.

Here in the SSA, cars haven't even had chokes, period, for decades. Cars sold here are now all EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) which doesn't needs a choke.

Jeannie

No pic but I bought a pixel 4xl the 90hz screen is something I didn't expect would really make much of a difference but it has!

CPU: 6700K Case: Corsair Air 740 CPU Cooler: H110i GTX Storage: 2x250gb SSD 960gb SSD PSU: Corsair 1200watt GPU: EVGA 1080ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb DDR4 

Other Stuffs: Red sleeved cables, White LED lighting 2 noctua fans on cpu cooler and Be Quiet PWM fans on case.

1 hour ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Curious. I was born during the Truman administration and I do not recall every seeing the manual choke used for that. different strokes for different folks.

Here in the SSA, cars haven't even had chokes, period, for decades. Cars sold here are now all EFI (Electronic Fuel Injection) which doesn't needs a choke.

Mazda rx7 had one I believe, the fc I think and I know the fb did

Corsair 4000D RGB

Asus B550 Tuf Gaming II

Asus 7700XT Tuf Gaming

AMD 5600x3d

32gb 3200mhz gskil 

I haven't really updated you guys on my reading journey as promised, but here's some of the books I've purchased recently:

IMG_20200307_131359__01.thumb.jpg.194cfb98c890966da85d0c83bc74a7d3.jpg

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes