Show off your latest purchases

Increase the cursos speed in the logitech driver and turn on the pointer smoothing in Windows. It should help. I switched to a trackball myself after using regular mouse for 20 years. It's got a really steep learning curve but after a month, I'm comfortable and fast with the tracking and the buttons. Mines got the ball on the top, so pointer and middle figner moves it. Thumb-ball is a bit more difficult I think. My wrist is very happy since the switching. 

Hako: Gigabyte z490i, i5-10400F@4.3GHz, 16GB LPX 3200MHz, Intel 7600p 1TB,  AMD RX6800

Stuff: Ducky One 2 MiNi, Xtrfy M4 Retro, Asus VG259Q

Phone: Google Pixel 3XL NoT P!nk

5 hours ago, Kirrr said:

Increase the cursos speed in the logitech driver and turn on the pointer smoothing in Windows. It should help. I switched to a trackball myself after using regular mouse for 20 years. It's got a really steep learning curve but after a month, I'm comfortable and fast with the tracking and the buttons. Mines got the ball on the top, so pointer and middle figner moves it. Thumb-ball is a bit more difficult I think. My wrist is very happy since the switching. 

Thanks for the tips. I've already increased the pointer speed (a little; too much and I never can land on target). I haven't down loaded the Logitech driver yet.

You aren't kidding about a really steep learning curve! The trackballs I've used in the past (and never get used to) were the big ones with the ball on top. I'm already already doing a bit better with this one but I'm still going nuts trying to use it. If you see me post jibberish later to day, you will know the track ball won and I'm ready for the rubber room.

Jeannie

As long as anyone is oppressed, no one will be safe and free.

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

23 minutes ago, M.Yurizaki said:

One of these to use as my cold storage backup to leave in my fireproof box

1130180823_HDR.jpg

I hope you also have an offsite copy of your data. Fireproof safe aren't really fire proof; they are fire resistant. They are ated by how long it takes in a fire before the contents reach a certain temperature. Up to 350 degrees for 30 minutes is a typical rating. Wile this is enough to protect paper documents, electronics will not fare as well.

Also, fire resistant safes often have a problem with condensation inside unless they get aired out every two weeks.

Jeannie

One has to be proactive, not reactive, to ensure the safety of one's data so backup your data! And RAID is NOT a backup!

1 hour ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

I hope you also have an offsite copy of your data. Fireproof safe aren't really fire proof; they are fire resistant. They are ated by how long it takes in a fire before the contents reach a certain temperature. Up to 350 degrees for 30 minutes is a typical rating. Wile this is enough to protect paper documents, electronics will not fare as well.

Also, fire resistant safes often have a problem with condensation inside unless they get aired out every two weeks.

Thank you for your concern, but yes, I'm already aware of this and I do have an off-site copy. This is to replace my original solution of DVD-Rs and a cheap thumb stick

And I don't really care for being exact about lexical terms.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

And I don't really care for being exact about lexical terms.

You should if you want to be understood.

I'm glad you have the offsite backup. You appear to have your bases covered.

Jeannie

14 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

You should if you want to be understood

Seems like you're the only one that didn't understand him/her.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

2 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Seems like you're the only one that didn't understand him/her.

Or the only one who cared enough or could be bothered to post.

Jeannie

On 11/1/2018 at 2:15 PM, Keith W said:

..... mean while the local McDonald's is wondering where there burger bun shelf wen?

Question is, what were you doing at a McDonalds in the first place.

Second question is, what were you doing behind a McDonalds.

Third question is did you eat there.

There are a ton of stuff stores leave unsecured for days and weeks and months. Manual pallet jacks, fork lifts, shelving, crates, pallets. Lots of good steel and good stuff just being "thrown" away ;) so its technically recycling. ? good for our earth!

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Or the only one who cared enough or could be bothered to post.

No, anyone that cares understands what Yurizaki said understood him/her just fine.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

1 minute ago, Drak3 said:

No, anyone that cares understands what Yurizaki said understood him/her just fine.

That's merely your opinion. How could you know that Yurizaki knew the difference between fire proof and fire resistant? Or that fire resistant safes have condensation problems? Or that he had an offsite backup? Are you a mind reader? More likely you just made some assumptions.

Jeannie

Just now, Lady Fitzgerald said:

How could you know that Yurizaki knew the difference between fire proof and fire resistant?

Irrelevant. In the context of what fireboxes are used for, the point is moot.

2 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

Or that he had an offsite backup?

Irrelevant. He/she showed off a purchase and the point of that purchase.

3 minutes ago, Lady Fitzgerald said:

More likely you just made some assumptions

No, I didn't make assumptions based on the original post. I thought to myself "cool" and promptly moved on. I didn't make a pompous ass of myself over the choice of a single word that has no effect on the context of a conversation.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

4 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

Irrelevant. In the context of what fireboxes are used for, the point is moot.

Irrelevant. He/she showed off a purchase and the point of that purchase.

No, I didn't make assumptions based on the original post. I thought to myself "cool" and promptly moved on. I didn't make a pompous ass of myself over the choice of a single word that has no effect on the context of a conversation.

?

Jeannie

On 11/28/2018 at 7:48 AM, MEC-777 said:

Dual-socket PC enthusiasts unite! ?

I so wanna do a dual socket build...one of these days I'll amass the parts. Could be fun.

fLwRZ88.jpg

9900K  / Asus Maximus Formula XI / 32Gb G.Skill RGB 4266mHz / 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1TB Samsung 970 Evo / EVGA 3090 FTW3.

2 loops : XSPC EX240 + 2x RX360 (CPU + VRMs) / EK Supremacy Evo & RX480 + RX360 (GPU) / Optimus W/B. 2 x D5 pumps / EK Res

8x NF-A2x25s, 14 NF-F12s and a Corsair IQ 140 case fan / CM HAF Stacker 945 / Corsair AX 860i

LG 38GL950G & Asus ROG Swift PG278Q / Duckyshine 6 YOTR / Logitech G502 / Thrustmaster Warthog & TPR / Blue Yeti / Sennheiser HD599SE / Astro A40s

Valve Index, Knuckles & 2x Lighthouse V2

image0.jpg

This tape... has some interesting history behind it because it signaled what the company behind the release was trying to do.

In 1992, Warner Music Group purchased a 50% stake into Rhino Records. Sometime after that, the company changed its name from Rhino Records to Rhino Entertainment Company. In 1998, WMG purchased the rest of Rhino. Not long after that, they would acquire the distribution rights to some of Sunbow Entertainment's 80s shows, namely Transformers G1, G.I. Joe and Jem and the Holograms. This was the first Transformers tape they released onto the market in late 1999.

Oh yeah and I just received it in the mail yesterday. It's in damn near pristine condition.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

du.143.21.127-min.png
I've purchased a new caterpillar watch and it's really awesome. The model is Cat DU54 (Stainless). The design is just awesome and the movement is good for such a low price. They have a good shop for buying wrist watches online. I already have two Caterpillar watches and both of them are awesome. 

3 hours ago, RoarND said:

I've purchased a new caterpillar watch and it's really awesome. The model is Cat DU54 (Stainless). The design is just awesome and the movement is good for such a low price. They have a good shop for buying wrist watches online. I already have two Caterpillar watches and both of them are awesome. 

Didn't know such watches existed. Very cool! :) 

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

15310-TenaciousTape-GORE-TEX-PKG_500x.jp

Sliced upper Gore-Tex part of one of the gaiters with crampons while climbing mixed terrain last weekend -.-"

At least my pants were safe and the fix is easily done with those patches :)

Bought a 2nd Gigabyte RX VEGA 64 Gaming OC because mismatched cards don't look good and irked the hell outta me, the PowerColor RX VEGA 64 Red Devil didn't quite look bada$$ with the reference VEGA 64. Since I had a hard time getting a 2nd Red Devil at a good price, I decided to go with two Gigabyte cards, now all is right in the world.?

aizOzzo.jpg

I orderred a cheap Kingston A400 SSD on Black Friday, 60USD asking price for a 480GB SSD was just too good to resist. Yes, fully aware this is a budget SSD not built for speed, I don't care, it's cheap!!!

PCWQe33.jpg

Main Rig: AMD AM4 R9 5900X (12C/24T) + Tt Water 3.0 ARGB 360 AIO | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Xtreme | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600C16 | XFX MERC 310 RX 7900 XTX | 256GB Sabrent Rocket NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 3.0 (OS) | 4TB Lexar NM790 NVMe M.2 PCIe4x4 | 2TB TG Cardea Zero Z440 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD | 2TB Samsung 860 QVO SATA SSD | 6TB WD Black HDD | CoolerMaster H500M | Corsair HX1000 Platinum | Topre Type Heaven + Seenda Ergonomic W/L Vertical Mouse + 8BitDo Ultimate 2.4G | iFi Micro iDSD Black Label | Philips Fidelio B97 | C49HG90DME 49" 32:9 144Hz Freesync 2 | Omnidesk Pro 2020 48" | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

2nd Rig: AMD AM4 R9 3900X + TR PA 120 SE | Gigabyte X570S Aorus Elite AX | 2x 16GB Patriot Viper Elite II DDR4 4000MHz | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | 500GB Crucial P2 Plus NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen 4.0 (OS)2TB Adata Legend 850 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 |  2TB Kingston NV2 NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4x4 | 4TB Leven JS600 SATA SSD | 2TB Seagate HDD | Keychron K2 + Logitech G703 | SOLDAM XR-1 Black Knight | Enermax MAXREVO 1500 | 64bit Win11 Pro 23H2

Picked this up today as an upgrade for the SNES PC. Little dusty as it was used for mining for a couple months earlier this year, but otherwise good condition. Not complaining since it was only $120, when they're still going for over $220 CAD brand new. ;) 

IMG_20181203_132503.thumb.jpg.b19b0c627d21bbf2119496bd3a3adb3a.jpg

IMG_20181203_132535.thumb.jpg.d26fd62b70d76b809d7d68e30f1d3437.jpg

My Systems:

Main - Work + Gaming:

Spoiler

Woodland Raven: Ryzen 2700X // AMD Wraith RGB // Asus Prime X570-P // G.Skill 2x 8GB 3600MHz DDR4 // Radeon RX Vega 56 // Crucial P1 NVMe 1TB M.2 SSD // Deepcool DQ650-M // chassis build in progress // Windows 10 // Thrustmaster TMX + G27 pedals & shifter

F@H Rig:

Spoiler

FX-8350 // Deepcool Neptwin // MSI 970 Gaming // AData 2x 4GB 1600 DDR3 // 2x Gigabyte RX-570 4G's // Samsung 840 120GB SSD // Cooler Master V650 // Windows 10

HTPC:

Spoiler

SNES PC (HTPC): i3-4150 @3.5 // Gigabyte GA-H87N-Wifi // G.Skill 2x 4GB DDR3 1600 // Asus Dual GTX 1050Ti 4GB OC // AData SP600 128GB SSD // Pico 160XT PSU // Custom SNES Enclosure // 55" LG LED 1080p TV  // Logitech wireless touchpad-keyboard // Windows 10 // Build Log

Laptops:

Spoiler

MY DAILY: Lenovo ThinkPad T410 // 14" 1440x900 // i5-540M 2.5GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD iGPU + Quadro NVS 3100M 512MB dGPU // 2x4GB DDR3L 1066 // Mushkin Triactor 480GB SSD // Windows 10

WIFE'S: Dell Latitude E5450 // 14" 1366x768 // i5-5300U 2.3GHz Dual-Core HT // Intel HD5500 // 2x4GB RAM DDR3L 1600 // 500GB 7200 HDD // Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon

EXPERIMENTAL: Pinebook // 11.6" 1080p // Manjaro KDE (ARM)

NAS:

Spoiler

Home NAS: Pentium G4400 @3.3 // Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 // 2x 4GB DDR4 2400 // Intel HD Graphics // Kingston A400 120GB SSD // 3x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 HDDs in RAID-Z // Cooler Master Silent Pro M 1000w PSU // Antec Performance Plus 1080AMG // FreeNAS OS

Only pulled one dead mouse out of these.

BkuMvYO.jpg

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."