Why Can't headsets companies understand that this **** is the reason for more than 50% of died headsets

As the title says why can't headsets companies understand that most of the headsets that die on us is because of this useless part(volume controler) they always add going all banana and just stop working.... -___-''

post-6837-0-42325600-1406337120.jpg

I hate when people go banana, but in-line volume controls are sometimes convenient.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

'going all banana'

ef20a757bad3a4fd61404470bca66712.png

yea my volume controller on my 1 week old headset works in the worng direction volume down is up and up is down :D

I lost a pair of Roccat Kave's thanks to the brick they use on it. Damn thing was soo heavy the cable couldn't take it's weight and broke off.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Another problem with the volume controls is that they're often only usable on iOS devices. Otherwise you can only use the middle button as pause/play, or the buttons are completely useless.

I like them, because skype is dum and I can't have a button bound to my mouse to mute my mic

died headset or a program that u can download and just press a button to mute ur mic ?  cause eventually they will be the cause of the headset death :(

Another problem with the volume controls is that they're often only usable on iOS devices. Otherwise you can only use the middle button as pause/play, or the buttons are completely useless.

Actually that is only for mobile devices headphones because these volumes controls work independantly and don't need special software.

I am pretty sure the hyperx cloud is one of the few that don't have those controls.

Main PC:

ASUS F1A55-M LX, AMD A6-3500, (2x2)gb Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3 1600mhz, Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm, 
 Corsair CX430M, Cooler Master Elite 343, Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Netbook:

Lenovo Ideapad S10-2, Intel Atom N280, (1x1)gb DDR2 667mhz, WD Scorpio Blue 250gb 5400rpm, Zorin OS 9 Lite

I can't wait for the day where there is only headsets with on-ear volume controls and a mute button on the mic. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

As the title says why can't headsets companies understand that most of the headsets that die on us is because of this useless part(volume controler) they always add going all banana and just stop working.... -___-''

I am so with this, the logitech UE 600's are my favorite IEM that I have ever owned but in like 3 weeks of using them the cord started pulling out of the inline mic, I had to tape it up to keep it together not only that but these stupid controls don't work with android, fuck in line controllers.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

it's called planned obsolescence...  It was designed to fail.

CPU: i7 4770K 4.2Ghz, Mobo: Asrock Fatal1ty Z97x Killer, GFX: EVGA GTX 780 Ti SC ACX (x2 SLI), RAM: G.Skill 1600Mhz CAS 9 16GB, DSK Intel 530 120GB OS, Crucial M500 120GB, WD 1TB Blue, WD 1TB Green, PSU: Corsair AX1200i, Case: Obsidian 750D. 

SERVER HP ProLiant Microserver N54L, FreeNAS: ZFS, 8TB (4x 2TB WD Red), RAID Z2, 16GB ECC RAM, 1Gb/s Link Aggregated:  Running as NAS, Plex, & ownCloud

I am so with this, the logitech UE 600's are my favorite IEM that I have ever owned but in like 3 weeks of using them the cord started pulling out of the inline mic, I had to tape it up to keep it together not only that but these stupid controls don't work with android, fuck in line controllers.

yea just how does it feel to pay 80$++ on a headset to tape it :3

Exactly, I love my Logitech H430 to death but the stupid inline control unit broke once, and now just makes the audio fuzzy at times.

The Grey Squirrel

CPU: i7-6700k @ 4.8GHz - CPU Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock 3 - Motherboard: ASUS Z170-E - GPU:  ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL

Case: Inwin 303 - RAM: 4x8GB Corsair LPX Storage: 2x Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired / Bungee Keyboard: Corsair Strafe Cherry MX Red Headphone: Sony MDR- 1R

Microphone:  Blue Yeti - Webcam: Logitech C920 - Monitors: 3x Dell S2415H 

My cheap headset before broke because of the cable of the jack loosened. In line volume control was fine but i prefer the volume control the is put on the left side cup that i have now.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

My cheap headset before broke because of the cable of the jack loosened. In line volume control was fine but i prefer the volume control the is put on the left side cup that i have now.

a volume controller on the headset it self is fine but a volume controller on the wire is just stupid.

I never broke one of those. Just be careful with the cables and you'll be fine.

never ? srsly ? :mellow:

I haven't either, though I despise having to reach down to grab the cable and fiddle around with it to increase/decrease the volume. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I haven't either, though I despise having to reach down to grab the cable and fiddle around with it to increase/decrease the volume. 

meh i move alot with them ( office - home - travling and so) they always die on my until i found ones with no volume controller :D heaven.. :D

Yeah. I just keep the cable away from the floor so I don't run over it with my chair or trip over it.

Also i keep it so that the volume control part is always within my reach.

I actually use it quite often. So i don't see how it's a bad thing.

Here's the best suggestion/advice I can give, stop buying cheap headsets every 3 months and save up for a decent one with detachable cables, the greatest invention since the bed.

I know not everyone can afford premium products but after 2 failed products you really need to stop and realize which is truly the more expensive solution.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |