Paralectic's 350D log - my one and only PC

Paralectic

So I've had my PC in this ugly OEM case which wasn't even painted inside and I decided to give it a better place to live.

And went from my cheap OEM case to a fresh Obsidian 350D.

First off, left is as obvious the 350D and to the right is my PC in it's OEM case. ( my auto focus failed, meh )

CJ4SKaK.jpg

So here are all of my components out of the old case 

nV4jcfI.jpg

So I took the new 350D out of the box and there she is :-)

kyxvrc6.jpg

Let's start building it up again

g55oVBD.jpg

Rebuilt!

qZ60l7O.jpg

CQx1hur.jpg

JssgmEn.jpg

And here a close-up of my ugly stock cooler and my catch-fire-soon PSU

JTqnEQv.jpg

So what's next? in chronological order:

• Get ( as obvious and finally ) an aftermarket CPU cooler: I don't know which one as I can get a 280mm rad up there but that's also expensive.

• replace my PSU with atleast a semi-modular unit and black cables. When? Within 1-2months

• Replace and upgrade my RAM to a better looking kit with a higher clockspeed. When? within 2-3 months.

• Get a new Z97 motherboard with a 4690K. When? Undecided

• Add two 120MM intake fans ( Probably some AF120s with colormatching rings to my motherboard, most likely blue or white ) When? After I've purchased my motherboard.

• Replace the exhaust 120MM fan with a AF120 one, also with a ring to colormatch the motherboard ) 

• Buy a new GPU ( Maxwell most likely ) along with a bigger SSD and maybe ditch the HDD or get a 4-6 TB one.

So that's my little changes-log of my build, I don't have a paid job currently so I can't just throw a thousand EU at it so that's why it's not a super powerful rig or anything ( yet ).

But hey, it can run Battlefield 4 fine on 60+FPS on medium to high settings and also every other game I play so I'm fine with it!

Also if you want to you can sort of rate my build or give me any constructive critism.

Thanks for taking a look at my sort of build-log topic, cheers and enjoy your weekend :D

660 ftw :DD

also, is the wifi card worth the 40$ ish? was thinking about getting it :)

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Wow the difference is huge!! If I saw that other case, i'd think you had crappy parts inside  :lol:

BTW I have the 660 too! Represent!!

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

350D is so sexy.

12600k | MSI MEG S280 | SSUPD Meshilicious | Asus ROG STRIX Z690-I | Crucial 16GB 4800MHz CL38 | MSI Gaming 980Ti | CM V850 SFX | WD SN850 1TB, WD SN550 1TB 
Pi 4TB NAS | Asus VG27AQ, Asus PB278Q | Logitech G Pro X Superlight | Glorious G-HXL-STEALTH | Keychron K4 V2 | Sennheiser HD 599 w/ Fiio E10

It's pretty amazing how much difference a case change can make.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704129&cm_re=tp_link-_-33-704-129-_-Product

This is what I bought. Works dandy.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

Clear tap the SSD - Never thought of that one

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Haha yes going from a HD 5450 by Ati ( back then ) to a GTX 660 made me run Battlefield 4 perfectly fine, one of my best purchases of 2013.

And the wifi card, yeah I don't have wired internet so it was a must.

Back then in 2011 when I bought my computer I bought one because I had to ( my dad paid because I got it for graduating high-school. It's really stable in combination with my router ).

Wow the difference is huge!! If I saw that other case, i'd think you had crappy parts inside  :lol:

BTW I have the 660 too! Represent!!

GTX 660 runs 1080p perfect! And indeed the difference is really cool estatically in my opinion, my parts are partially crappy ( Phenom 955 BE with a stock cooler and a GTX 660 ) but I'm getting there.

350D is so sexy.

Indeed! I might get a serperate window some-day when they are available in The Netherlands.

It's pretty amazing how much difference a case change can make.

Yes indeed! I was thinking about this "upgrade" for a while and because my old internship gave me a 100EU gift card I could get it for "free".

Don't get me wrong, it looks beautiful, but I would rather spend the money on performance parts than on looks (of course a better case layout gives better airflow, but thats far less than other parts on your list).

I know man! I have been considering several upgrades instead of the case for weeks but I couldn't decide.

I was thinking about a modular PSU first but I wouldn't want to force such new and nice PSU in my case ( which damages the cables a bit ) and more RAM would be such small difference estatically so my final decision was to get a case first.

Thank you!

Looks good

I just love how your ssd is mounted :)

Gotta love some tape, my old case was such a failure but hey, it worked! ( Now my SSD is hidden and I didn't want to use the 350D's SSD cage things.

needs more leds

That's a personal preference tho, I don't want any leds in my case ( yet ) but I might add a few if my build becomes further done ( new motherboard and ram and a few fan replacements ).

Clear tap the SSD - Never thought of that one

Hahah yes I had no choice and I was laughing at it while I was doing it.

Thanks everyone, how's my cable management by the way? I thought I did a good job considering the fact it's a non-modular PSU.

Wow, that is SO much better

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Haha yes going from a HD 5450 by Ati ( back then ) to a GTX 660 made me run Battlefield 4 perfectly fine, one of my best purchases of 2013.

Back then in 2011 when I bought my computer I bought one because I had to ( my dad paid because I got it for graduating high-school. It's really stable in combination with my router ).

GTX 660 runs 1080p perfect! And indeed the difference is really cool estatically in my opinion, my parts are partially crappy ( Phenom 955 BE with a stock cooler and a GTX 660 ) but I'm getting there.

Indeed! I might get a serperate window some-day when they are available in The Netherlands.

Yes indeed! I was thinking about this "upgrade" for a while and because my old internship gave me a 100EU gift card I could get it for "free".

I know man! I have been considering several upgrades instead of the case for weeks but I couldn't decide.

I was thinking about a modular PSU first but I wouldn't want to force such new and nice PSU in my case ( which damages the cables a bit ) and more RAM would be such small difference estatically so my final decision was to get a case first.

Thank you!

Gotta love some tape, my old case was such a failure but hey, it worked! ( Now my SSD is hidden and I didn't want to use the 350D's SSD cage things.

That's a personal preference tho, I don't want any leds in my case ( yet ) but I might add a few if my build becomes further done ( new motherboard and ram and a few fan replacements ).

Hahah yes I had no choice and I was laughing at it while I was doing it.

Thanks everyone, how's my cable management by the way? I thought I did a good job considering the fact it's a non-modular PSU.

Hey you gotta start somehwere!  :)

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

thats super creepy... i went from a 5450 to a 660 O_O

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Cable management looks good man - I don't wanna see the back though, I might change my opinion :P

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

Cable management looks good man - I don't wanna see the back though, I might change my opinion :P

The back is just like you'd expect, but with rainbow cables.

Thank you :-)

And here it is currently under my desk:

hi9Q2uh.png

idk about placing the case on the carpet

It's a low profile carpet and the case's feet make the case rise above it anyways.

I use my 660 as a paper weight :P

you could always send it to me :P

Nice upgrade, but that PSU is ... it's like giving your children a dirty filthy water  :wacko:

You could get Corsair 430M a semi-modular PSU for pretty cheap, it should be your next upgrade and sooner is better  ;)

i3570k @4300Asus P8Z77-VKingston Fury 16Gb DDR3Asus 7970 Direct CUII TOP x2Samsung 830 256Gb, Enthoo Primo, EVGA 1000W P2 psu

Corsair K90Logitech G9xSamsung S27A750D 3D monitor, Pioneer A400Monitor Audio BR2 - 600T Enthoo Water Cooling Build blog

Pentium 4 HT 3.2GHz, Radeon X800Pro 256Mb, 2Gb DDR Ram, WinXP - Retro'04 Build log

Nice upgrade, but that PSU is ... it's like giving your children a dirty filthy water  :wacko:

You could get Corsair 430M a semi-modular PSU for pretty cheap, it should be your next upgrade and sooner is better  ;)

I know! I will buy a new one soon along with a nice 8GB ram kit :-)

Can't wait till my rainbow cables are gone and my green pcb ram.

I have a 660 as well, enjoying it's last days until my 780 comes in the mail :D.

Nice rig you have there, it's sure gonna look awesome when you get all the new stuff :).

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird