Popular Asus PB278Q To Be Replaced With New Updated Model, The PB278QR

Geekazoid

lol I wish. It would be nice to be in a situation like that though. I should actually get my a website up and properly publish reviews. I mean you never know it might actually happen.

This is true. :)

I still kinda wish I could have gotten my hands on the PB248Q. :(

Well I'm still debating on whether or not I wanna go with two of those monitors for video editing or just the PB298Q (or the LG equivelent). So, if I do end up going with two of those PB248Q monitors then I'll be sure to let you know about them.

The thing is though, I do love my movies and obviously doing my own and so the PB298Q or the LG 29UB65-P are very tempting. Decisions, decisions.

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

may someone explain to me the difference between IPS and AH-IPS?

Well, as you know, IPS stands for In-Plane Switching and so AH-IPS is just a better version of this display technology. It's called, in full, Advance High performance In-Plan Switching. AH-IPS is just one of the many versions of IPS but they're all pretty much the same thing.

I hope that helps. :)

If you want more info on the subject just go here » http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=IPS_panel «.

Well, as you know, IPS stands for In-Plane Switching and so AH-IPS is just a better version of this display technology. It's called, in full, Advance High performance In-Plan Switching. AH-IPS is just one of the many versions of IPS but they're all pretty much the same thing.

I hope that helps. :)

If you want more info on the subject just go here » http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=IPS_panel «.

thanks 

Just from the title I thought it was the racing model then I saw it was a monitor, oops

Hmm?

I was about to purchase the PB278Q until I discovered the replacement model PB278QR, I desperately need to purchase this new model monitor, does anyone know when it will be released in Australia?

I have contacted Asus Australia both by phone and email and their responses have been next to useless.

Would really love to know if this will be available soon as I would rather hold off from purchasing the PB278Q and purchase this instead.

Any news/info would be greatly appreciated

The ASUS PB278Q was a 6-bit panel, not a true 8-bit like this one.

This is a very nice upgrade, going with a true 8-bit panel. It is probably to compete against the Dell U2713HM which sports a true 8-bit panel and has less back light bleeding (common problem with PLS panels), and the price was about the same. There was really not a good deal to get the ASUS PB278Q.

I hate to disagree but the manual for the Asus PB278Q clearly states that it uses a true 8bit panel. I can send you a copy if you like.

I hate to disagree but the manual for the Asus PB278Q clearly states that it uses a true 8bit panel. I can send you a copy if you like.

I provided a link to it.

I provided a link to it.

I have the manual on my computer. Under specifications, display colours it list true 8bit. You surely can't argue with black and white print from there own website clearly stating 8bit, not 6bit + frc. It clearly states TRUE 8bit. I ask again, would you like a copy?

I have the manual on my computer. Under specifications, display colours it list true 8bit. You surely can't argue with black and white print from there own website clearly stating 8bit, not 6bit + frc. It clearly states TRUE 8bit. I ask again, would you like a copy?

I just checked your link. I think maybe you should download the manual direct from there website. That's where I downloaded it.

I provided a link to it.

I just checked your link. I think maybe you should download the manual direct from there website. That's where I downloaded it.

Not impressed. Still waiting for some G-Sync/Freesync technology to come to IPS.

who cares...

I provided a link to it.

Do you guys really have to debate on whether or not the ASUS PB278Q utilises a true 8-bit PLS panel? TFT Central checks their sources before they do any of their monitor reviews so if they say that the PB278Q has a true 8-bit PLS panel then I think you can trust them. Dang it guys. :rolleyes:

Not impressed. Still waiting for some G-Sync/Freesync technology to come to IPS.

You might be waitin' a while mate. ;)

Being from australia and all that makes tou be able to do that.

ASUS really needs a 2560x1600 30in monitor thats reasonably priced.

I always assumed you were from the states. Also i second the 30inch, I need(read want) 2 of them to put above my triple screens and the dell one is stupid expensive. Benq looks like it might be the way to go though.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

I always assumed you were from the states.

He is from the states. He was referring to me being from Australia of which I am. ;)

He is from the states. He was referring to me being from Australia of which I am. ;)

now it all makes sense

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

now it all makes sense

That's amazing! :P (JK)

Looks nice

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

Looks nice

Sure does!

BTW, that's APrettyCoolWalrus you've got there. :P

Probably not going to happen ever.

What cables do we think it will come with and what lengths? I'd presume: HDMI, Displayport, perhaps DVI.

Does it matter? Just go and buy the exact cables you need. They aren't that much and can be even cheaper if you can use monoprice.

Probably not going to happen ever.

Does it matter? Just go and buy the exact cables you need. They aren't that much and can be even cheaper if you can use monoprice.

I know. :(:(

What is the latest stand of knowledge why it is not going to happen? Is it a technical problem? I lost track of the G-Sync news quite a while ago. :D

who cares...

I know. :( :(

What is the latest stand of knowledge why it is not going to happen? Is it a technical problem? I lost track of the G-Sync news quite a while ago. :D

Well because they have to charge a premium for it since its costs significantly more to implement. Its also a gaming feature so I would be really surprised if it wasn't on a "gaming monitor".