I've come to a conclusion that Ubisoft cannot make racing games

x7ASSASSIN7x

So after playing the crew beta for about 2 hours, i have begun to dislike the game. The more I played the more I felt like I was wasting my life haha. I know its only the beta but here are my reasons to why its bad.

• The outline of the map sucks, Detroit does not even look like the real Detroit and I live right next to it so i've seen it a lot. I know a lot will say its hard to make everything 100% the same and the map is still getting worked on, but for a game thats been in production for a few years, you'd expect a little more. 

• The driving is terrible.... like worse than watch dogs

• The story looks boring to play if you only play solo or 2 people

• Customization kind of looks repetitive 

I also think the graphics will be worse then expected when the game comes out. I just can't play any Ubisoft racing games and I thought I'd share my 2 cents. I hail Ubisoft when it comes to Assassins Creed, but anything else is just a no no IMO. I guess we'll just have to wait until the game comes out, although I do not think I will be buying it.

Once again I know its only the beta, but I still do not think it will be a good game when it comes out

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

It feels as though no games ever leave the BEETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases.

I agree! Especially BF4. I played the beta and bought the game on release date to only find out that the game was identical to the beta.. what a shame

CPU: i5 25000 3.3 GHz             Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V-LK          Ram: Corsair Vengeance 8 GB           Display: Samsung SD24 24" 1080p          

GPU: EVGA GTX 660 SC 2 GB     Sound: Razer Kraken pro                            PSU: Rosewill 630 watt                    Storage 1: 128 GB Adata XPG SX900 SSD

Case: Rosewill Challenger       CPU Cooler: Corsair h80i                    Mouse: Corsair M65                                   Storage 2: Seagate 2 TB HDD

if you want Racing game, EA. Need for Speed Bro, because they've been doing it since ever, because they use revolutionary Engines that gives awesome Feedback of what the ride feels like, Awesome Graphics, Cars and customizing, have you seen Rivals, it's sick

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

At least you got in...

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

I agree! Especially BF4. I played the beta and bought the game on release date to only find out that the game was identical to the beta.. what a shame

A lot of the time what companies are calling 'betas' are actually just demo levels into the games, beta testing happens rather early (and throughout) development, and they just throw it out there to try and cash in on the promise of positive influence on the development of the game, when in reality it closer to a traditional demo. Only more deceiving.

Do not  as I  do, and  not  as I say. Instead do as you may..

HSS Revenir: CPU=i7 5960x @4.5GHz Heatsink=Corsair H100i MOBO=ROG Rampage 5 RAM=Kingston HyperX Predator 16GB @3000MHz SSD=Corsair Neutron GTX 480GB GPU=R9 295x2 PSU=Corsair AX1500i OS=Windows 7 Ultimate

I just think that it's weird that they are making a new Battlefield when the one that is already out is still broken. It'a as if they are just giving up on it.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

It's waste of 300GB Data cap -.-

Now that I uninstalled it, I'd say its a waste of HDD space

A lot of the time what companies are calling 'betas' are actually just demo levels into the games, beta testing happens rather early (and throughout) development, and they just throw it out there to try and cash in on the promise of positive influence on the development of the game, when in reality it closer to a traditional demo. Only more deceiving.

Thats the definition of Ubisoft right there

At least you got in...

I'd give you my code if I was able to... honestly

if you want Racing game, EA. Need for Speed Bro, because they've been doing it since ever, because they use revolutionary Engines that gives awesome Feedback of what the ride feels like, Awesome Graphics, Cars and customizing, have you seen Rivals, it's sick

I played all EA racing games to far and I feel like after Hot Pursuit the series died. The newer most wanted had no story to it, I found all the cars and I stopped playing

I remember the old Most Wanted on the Game Cube. Top 10 games Iv'e ever played, easy.

My Computer

Beef Cake

Intel i5 4690k @ 3.5GHz - EVGA 970 FTW - ASRock Z97 Extreme3 - Kingston HyperX Fury 8Gb 1866MHz - 120GB Samsung Evo - 1TB Toshiba Drive - 320GB Samsung Barracuda - Corsair 500M

i like gta driving  :lol:

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Rivals? It sucks IMHO. :P

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

I got a code too. How big is the map? What is the point of the game?

The map is pretty big, that part is nice. But its so inaccurate, it makes Detroit look like a country side when I was driving in downtown lol. The game literally has missions and what not and you can cruise with your buddies. Other then that its useless

In this beta do you see houses being looted and half of the city without lights? Or am I thinking of a Detroit that suffered the apocalypse not a bankruptcy?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

In this beta do you see houses being looted and half of the city without lights? Or am I thinking of a Detroit that suffered the apocalypse not a bankruptcy?

haha thats a good point, I haven't really noticed but they made Detroit look really bad if that answers your question

haha thats a good point, I haven't really noticed but they made Detroit look really bad if that answers your question

Well, detroit looks like shit in real life to begin with, so they can say mission accomplished.

And as much as it pains me to say it, I will only buy racing games from EA, that's one of the very few things they do well.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Well, detroit looks like shit in real life to begin with, so they can say mission accomplished.

And as much as it pains me to say it, I will only buy racing games from EA, that's one of the very few things they do well.

EA does make nice racing games. Kinda miss the burnout series though

EA does make nice racing games. Kinda miss the burnout series though

Burnout was ok, but they took it in the wrong direction. They need to bring back the crash junctions and what not. The last one they did was just an absolute travesty.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Burnout was ok, but they took it in the wrong direction. They need to bring back the crash junctions and what not. The last one they did was just an absolute travesty.

I remember the games I had on my Sony PSP back in the day, those were addicting

CodeMasters and Dirt and Grid series are not bad as well

but nothing beats GT6 and Forza 5 in terms of racing sims

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

CodeMasters and Dirt and Grid series are not bad as well

but nothing beats GT6 and Forza 5 in terms of racing sims

So I'm technically missing out since I only played grid :P

if you want realism, go for a game like project cars or assetto corsa. Nfs has never made very realistic racing games. They are all way to arcade like aside form the shift series which was ok, but still lacking in the physics aspect of things.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

I remember the old Most Wanted on the Game Cube. Top 10 games Iv'e ever played, easy.

Couldn't agree more 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

I played all EA racing games to far and I feel like after Hot Pursuit the series died. The newer most wanted had no story to it, I found all the cars and I stopped playing

Than you should try The Run