Well, switched to an HDTV cuz my monitor broke and....

StareX

Yeah, I'm using the Toshiba HDTV screen now, cuz my other 19inch monitor broke.. and guys, the text doesn't look as sharp as I want it to.

Soo.... what to do? ^^...

Text isn't that sharp.. and games... well uhh.. dunno. but Movies look very crispy and clear. and games? perhaps? not too sure cuz I am not used to 60Hz, looks dummy... I am more used to 75Hz.

I am running HDMI.. No other alternative. it just doesn't look 1080pish to me. :[

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

It's a TV... They aren't made for PCs.

What is the resolution setting in Nvidia control panel? The resolution should say 1080p and have a little (native) tag next to it.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Well. If it's a 32 inch screen or higher 1080 does look like shit on those from a monitor type distance.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Is there a 'sharpness' value you can change on the TV's display menu?

My samsung TV has it (if turned all the way down, it will look kind of blurry)

CPU: 3930k  @ stock                                  RAM: 32GB RipjawsZ @ 2133Mhz       Cooling: Custom Loop
MOBO: AsRock x79 Extreme9                      SSD: 240GB Vertex 3 (OS)                     Case: HAF XB                     LG 34um95 + Ergotron MX Arm Mount - Dual Review
  GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 670 SLI                     HDD: 1TB WD Black                                PSU: Corsair AX 860                               Beyerdynamic - Custom One Pro Review

Yes I do.. and it won't do anything magical.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Is there a 'sharpness' value you can change on the TV's display menu?

My samsung TV has it (if turned all the way down, it will look kind of blurry)

In my case, a Prestiz 32" 1080p HDTV (yes, it's not a known brand), turning down the sharpness actually helped make the text readable...

Cus it's a TV what else do you expect: These types of comments annoy me -  I just bought a 55" TV & everything is perfect for PC

Infact i prefer it over a small monitor any day . You just need to get the right 1 to do it ,infact check this out:

http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

The site works on how good a TV is vs the lag some if not most will bring...

The best way for any any 1 can shed a helping hand is if you can provide some info

about the TV you just got .

(note my old TV 42" = 6.5ms input lag) follow that site it will help you .

Now with the sharpness issue you are having ,change the DPI: setting to a larger setting this can be found ,like so.

Right click on desktop - personalise - Display ,now you can change a setting . Good luck and do get back to us .

Case: | TT Core x71 | Mobo: | Gigabyte Aorus Elite DDR4 | Cpu: 13600K | 1.310V | P-Core 5.7GHZ | E-Core 3.2GHZ | Cpu Block: EK Quantum Velocity2 | Ram: Team T-Force Vulcan Z 4x8GB 3200MHz DDR4 | Gpu: Gigabyte GTX G1 970 Bios Hacked 1.275V | Gpu Block: EK | Cooling: Custom Loop | Rads: 4 | PSU: Corsair RM 1000w