ASIC Quality - What it is and what it is not

RainbowPee

For of you who don't know what ASIC quality is, it is a percentage calculated by GPU-Z that "determines" the voltage required at base clock speeds and pretty much a lot of other factors like overclocking, power consumption and heat output. However, it is a wide spread debate that ASIC quality could be taken with a grain of salt because it actually has no reasonable hit on your overclocking potential or perhaps anything at all.

Here is an example of a card with ASIC quality capability.

402x354px-LL-22284337_asicquality.PNG

You can find your score by downloading GPU-Z, then click the icon on the top left and click read ASIC quality.

According to many threads a low ASIC quality would be 50-60, a medium ASIC quality would be 70-80 and a high ASIC quality would be 90+.

The effects of ASIC quality alter you card the way like above. For a more in depth explanation, having a low ASIC quality card will have more leakage than a high ASIC quality card, which is not bad as it can soak up more voltages than what a high ASIC card can. That's probably why you see high end cards like the MSI Lightning have low ASIC quality, as they are made for LN2 and such. 

Now that you are poorly informed, feel free to post your ASIC quality or you can comment on what you think what ASIC quality is or what it is not.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

i have 73.8% on my 780ti however not looking to oc so meh

5820k@3.8GHz| Corsair H100i |Gigabyte x99 SLI | Corsair 16GB | EVGA 780Ti SC ACX SLI x2 |240GB SSD120GB SSD 512GB SSD 2TB HDD | 3x ASUS VN247H 24" ( nVidia Surround)

i have 73.8% on my 780ti however not looking to oc so meh

My 7950 had a ASIC quality of 52%. Holy shit was it the worst at overclocking, you needed so much for 1125 volts. Like 1.3V.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

Is %77 bad on a 780 ti?

77 is pretty average for any card.

My R9 280X (brand new) gets an ASIC quality of 65.1%. 

Also I literally updated my GPU drivers just then to 14.7 beta. For some reason the default core voltage has been bumped up to 1200mV after the driver update.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

78.5% on GTX660.