Are these temps normal [idle and stressed]

TheRagingGamer

i3fwPaJ.pngsxEMmSF.png

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

I'd hardly call those "normal." My CPU while stressed is only as hot as your idle... using stock cooler.

It's a bit high for an intel chip (stressed)... Are you using a stock cooler?

I only got those temps when I was rendering 1080p video using Vegas Pro and I'm using an AMD A8-5600K...

It would be best not to sustain it at those temperatures since it will shorten the lifespan of the chip...

Good lord, give your system a chill pill. Those are some seriously high numbers, even for c2d.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I'd hardly call those "normal." My CPU while stressed is only as hot as your idle... using stock cooler.

It's a bit high for an intel chip (stressed)... Are you using a stock cooler?

I only got those temps when I was rendering 1080p video using Vegas Pro and I'm using an AMD A8-5600K...

It would be best not to sustain it at those temperatures since it will shorten the lifespan of the chip...

Good lord, give your system a chill pill. Those are some seriously high numbers, even for c2d.

its overclocked from 2.4 to 3.2 on stock cooler 

Specs: AMD FX 6300 @ 4ghz, Asus R9 270 OC, 8gb Corsair xms3, Cooler Master GX 550w PSU, WD 500 blue, Gigabyte  GA-970A-DS3

Put it down to the stock clocks, straight away. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

imo, get a better cooler, some good thermal paste, and make sure not to overdo the thermal paste or anything. Seemingly small things like that could potentially cause things like this.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

92°C will damage your cores.......holy crap. You CPU is made for low 70s temps.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @4.2HGhz 1.25V || Noctua NH-U12S SE2 || 16GB (2×8GB) Aegis 3000Mhz CL16 @3200Mhz || 
|| Sapphire Pulse RX 6700 10G || MSI B450i Gaming PLUS MAX Wifi
  || Kingston NV1 2TB m.2 ||  Corsair SF600 || Intertech IM 1 |||
Peripherals: Sennheiser PC  360 G4ME || AOC CQ27G2U || Viewsonic PX701HD || Keychron V1 || Logitech G303 Shroud Edition||| Laptop: XPS 13 2in1 7390 || Steam Deck 256 GB (64GB Version) ||| Cameras: Fujifilm XH-1 || Fujifilm X100T

Elite 110 build log (update:05/15/2018)

Put it down to the stock clocks, straight away. 

but if i put it to stock i lose more than 10-15 fps in most of the games 

But if you don't you'd lose more than 10-15 months of lifespan (I actually have no idea, just saying that that's way too hot and it might be causing the overheating). Also what is the Vcore at??

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Might as well throw lighter fluid on your PC.

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

But if you don't you'd lose more than 10-15 months of lifespan (I actually have no idea, just saying that that's way too hot and it might be causing the overheating). Also what is the Vcore at??

1.475 if i lower it it crashes when stress testing so that is the low as it can get 

1.475 if i lower it it crashes when stress testing so that is the low as it can get 

WAY too high, (well at least for the 4th gen processors) you need to knock the CPU down to stock clocks and all. 

Might as well throw lighter fluid on your PC.

lol

WAY too high, (well at least for the 4th gen processors) you need to knock the CPU down to stock clocks and all. 

i am actually more concerned about the motherboard at this point the lower heat sink is so hot i cant oven hold my hand on it for more than 2 sec. even tho it is was a good overclocking mobo back in 2007 

i am actually more concerned about the motherboard at this point the lower heat sink is so hot i cant oven hold my hand on it for more than 2 sec. even tho it is was a good overclocking mobo back in 2007

If you need to overclock THAT much for decent performance in games, it's time to buy a new CPU.

CPU: i7 3770k@ 4.6Ghz@ 1.23v - GPU: Palit GTX 660ti - MOBO: Asrock Extreme 4 - RAM: Corsair vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz - PSU: OCZ 650watt - STORAGE: 128Gb corsair force GT SSD/ 1TB seagate barracuda 7200rpm

COOLING: NH-U14s/ 3x Noiseblocker blacksilent pros/ Silverstone Air Penetrator/ 2 corsair AF120s

i am actually more concerned about the motherboard at this point the lower heat sink is so hot i cant oven hold my hand on it for more than 2 sec. even tho it is was a good overclocking mobo back in 2007 

Well the chipset on the motherboard can get really hot at times, not sure if it's normal though. 

Like the people above me said, bump it down to stock clocks for now and get a better cooler before you overclock again...

If you need to overclock THAT much for decent performance in games, it's time to buy a new CPU.

i acually ordered fx 6300 and its coming in 2 weeks i could off payed 10$ and have it delivered with euroexpress  but im fine with free shipping 

Like the people above me said, bump it down to stock clocks for now and get a better cooler before you overclock again...

tbh i don't care if i break it i can get a new one for 10$ used 

i acually ordered fx 6300 and its coming in 2 weeks i could off payed 10$ and have it delivered with euroexpress  but im fine with free shipping 

I just noticed that you were using an Asus P5B and a Core2 E400..

I used to game on those but it's time to upgrade since it will be bottlenecking your system (especially since you have an R9 GPU)...

I just noticed that you were using an Asus P5B and a Core2 E400..

I used to game on those but it's time to upgrade since it will be bottlenecking your system (especially since you have an R9 GPU)...

oh im feeling the bottleneck