Rate the Photo Above you

5 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

I really love the smoke rolling in by the figurine(?). The lighting looks great, but I was thinking maybe from down below aimed up would look better? I'd give it 10/10. 

Went to the zoo today and this owl really struck me. I went back to read info plaque about it, then I noticed as I took a step to the right, the owl's head moved as it was locked on me. 

Canon 6D Mark II, EF 100-400mm at 400mm, f/5.6, ISO250, and 1/15s.

IMG_1641.JPG

Framing isnt too good but I like the subject

IMG_0164.thumb.jpg.f9acf32953653e2387f017256a092493.jpg

canon 70D ISO 3200 1/30

18-135 at 35 f/4.5

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, sub68 said:

Framing isnt too good but I like the subject

~Snipped

canon 70D ISO 3200 1/30

18-135 at 35 f/4.5

What's wrong with the framing?

Have a light shining on the camera?? The case is making the image bright. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

36 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:

What's wrong with the framing?

It’s not straight 

36 minutes ago, CommanderAlex said:Have a light shining on the camera?? The case is making the image bright. 

Yeah lightning on my room is bad

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

Just now, sub68 said:

It’s not straight 

Yeah, in terms of the vertical wood column- I can agree with that, but some simple cropping can get rid of that. I had already taken hundreds of photos already and my arms were getting a bit tired. 

1 minute ago, sub68 said:

Yeah lightning on my room is bad

Gotcha. 👍

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

1 hour ago, CommanderAlex said:

figurine(?)

Pinhead, from the Hellraiser series. He's offering you the gift of the puzzlebox.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

5 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Pinhead, from the Hellraiser series. He's offering you the gift of the puzzlebox.

That's really cool!! I did figure he was offering a gift. The question now is, what is the gift??? 🤔

12 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

That's really cool!! I did figure he was offering a gift. The question now is, what is the gift??? 🤔

It's the gift of knowledge of course! If you haven't seen the film, you should (the sequels are of varying quality however)

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

well can we get back to the topic

IMG_0316.thumb.JPG.58fc884f35fc7035282196e49744a4cc.JPG

canon 70D ISO 400 1/160 with 18-135 at 50mm F8

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

ooo I never saw this thread before! I'll post a few photos, but will just post one at a time for now

On 1/7/2022 at 9:09 PM, Radium_Angel said:

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to bring peace, but a sword"

SM.jpg

I like, 9/10

8 hours ago, raendeu said:

Crash.jpg

is good, wish the colors were a little less flat? 8/10

My photo:
I was at the park and saw this rabbit, so I had to take a photo! Was a very friendly rabbit and let me get close

DSC08171.thumb.jpg.b19da4992b63528c64340670788126b6.jpg

^ Wild animals are a trick (EDIT: Typo) to capture, especially ground dwelling ones where the background clutter is a constant issue, but the colour separation between Mr. Bun Bun and the grass, helps to keep your eyes on him.

271607937_ChainGang.jpg.57a3f910c0e5bcb53c3b4e9e0deaf9b1.jpg

"Back on the Chain Gang"

On 1/12/2022 at 6:54 PM, Radium_Angel said:

^ Wild animals are a trick (EDIT: Typo) to capture, especially ground dwelling ones where the background clutter is a constant issue, but the colour separation between Mr. Bun Bun and the grass, helps to keep your eyes on him.

271607937_ChainGang.jpg.57a3f910c0e5bcb53c3b4e9e0deaf9b1.jpg

"Back on the Chain Gang"

I know someone with a ton of those POP figurines. Would probably be perfect for a bored person with a Macro lens and itchy shutter finger. 😛

10/10

Another Theater shot. The actor here can probably play a pretty compelling corporate villain if he so desired.

Sony A7C and Sony 85mm F1.8 FE lens. Fantastic lens for this sort of work. So long as I can move freely, this focal length pretty much does what I need (even group shots), while giving me the flexibility of the larger aperture.

F1.8, 1/200, ISO 400

My_Way-6117.thumb.jpg.12ad3d29624675ca692f12204a926b5a.jpg

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

Nice contrast between the white snow and the green grass. The pipe thing steals the spotlight a little too much for me, but it's not like you had the option to tear it down 😛 Overall nice shot, 7.5/10 .

Here's a lunar closeup I shot last week on one of the few clear nights so far. Messing around with manual mode on my S10e, shot through a telescope (is that cheating?:P).

S10e_IMG_20220110_190210_edit2.thumb.jpg.c681643f432fb83a81a9dfc7a90e22ee.jpg

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

2 hours ago, tikker said:

The pipe thing steals the spotlight a little too much for me, but it's not like you had the option to tear it down 😛

I agreeeeee
I was going to walk down the path further, but it was really cold and this was one of my last shots. I didn't realize how good the photo was until I got home. Probably would have walked down further if I realized how good the shot was

Ok, so photoshopping it out was actually much easier than I thought it would be, so here you go 😛

Spoiler

bf96130793a93281fa1f.jpg

As for your photo, the detail is amazing. Wish we could see more of the moon though since just seeing a 1/4th slice of it is kinda weird xD 9/10 for the coolness, 7/10 for the aesthetics.

Here is a cosplay photo I took of my friend

5e2cb34bf62e_DSC07774s.jpg

attachments get compressed so much, just gonna post the links to the images for better quality now

20 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Here is a cosplay photo I took of my friend

5e2cb34bf62e_DSC07774s.jpg

attachments get compressed so much, just gonna post the links to the images for better quality now

I love the comp, I love the light color and the Miku senbonzurka cosplay makes it 10/10.

umm i don’t have a specific photo but something off of my phone.

F70CD5D9-C32A-4505-A5E1-EBE3D11877F8.thumb.jpeg.699a90b8d963fe4d817cd76c98248ffe.jpeg

i was doing some photos at a New Years city event (not hired) and took some photos of classmates 

Pc's

Spoiler

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang                                                                                   

19 minutes ago, poochyena said:

Ok, so photoshopping it out was actually much easier than I thought it would be, so here you go

Yeah much better without the pipe.

20 minutes ago, poochyena said:

As for your photo, the detail is amazing. Wish we could see more of the moon though since just seeing a 1/4th slice of it is kinda weird xD 9/10 for the coolness, 7/10 for the aesthetics.

Yeah that's down to the field of view. At that magnification the field of view was notably smaller than the size of the Moon. Phone up to the eyepiece also doesn't help composition. I could've tried making multiple pictures and stitching them back together later.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

1 hour ago, poochyena said:

On mobile, I generally have a difficult time putting high resolution photos if I so desire. Not the case on PC. I had to go out of my way to downres the theater shot, for example.  On PC (using Firefox), it's pretty easy to stick full res images on here though. Just drag and drop my way to happiness (and wait for the monstrous 12.6MB file to upload). If someone downloads it, they can even view the metadata.

Further, viewers won't actually be able to view the full-res file unless they explicitly click on it. Probably to save on bandwidth for people browsing the thread, as full-res image files add up quickly.

Example below. This Thing was barking pretty incessantly, so I gave it exactly what it deserved. A spot in a small corner of the interweb, hosted by a minor celebrity, to demonstrate how image uploading works. Thank you, Thing.

Sony A7C and Samyang 35mm F2.8

F2.8, 1/200, ISO 100

Note: The strong vignette wasn't added. The lens used just vignettes that much wide-open, and even stopped down, still has some vignette. Worth it for the really tiny size though. Makes for a smaller kit than even many older rangefinger cameras.

Doggy_2-6809.thumb.jpg.8d7918da380e665c4bf98d882e4b1403.jpg

My eyes see the past…

17 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

On PC (using Firefox), it's pretty easy to stick full res images on here though.

it heavily compresses the images. Look at the file size of the image you upload, then download the file you attached and look at the file again. Its much smaller and the artifacts it adds to photos is very notice able to me.

19 minutes ago, Zodiark1593 said:

Further, viewers won't actually be able to view the full-res file unless they explicitly click on it. Probably to save on bandwidth for people browsing the thread, as full-res image files add up quickly.

oh, I see now. I was right clicking the images and opening image in new tab. Also saw the preview in the reply box and saw it was compressed. Didn't realize the uncompressed version was included too.

16 minutes ago, poochyena said:

it heavily compresses the images. Look at the file size of the image you upload, then download the file you attached and look at the file again. Its much smaller and the artifacts it adds to photos is very notice able to me.

oh, I see now. I was right clicking the images and opening image in new tab. Also saw the preview in the reply box and saw it was compressed. Didn't realize the uncompressed version was included too.

Yep, need to do a left click. I've experimented a bit with image uploads, and downloading them to check against, so I can confirm the full-size file downloaded is 1:1 identical to what I uploaded. The previews are still heavily compressed though.

Imagine how murderous it would be for people with data caps if there were a dozen or so 10+MB preview images per page. Yikes!

When uploading via iPhone, even if I select full-size, I'm unable to upload the full-res from Photos, as the upload size gets reduced to less than a MB. However, if I move the image to Files and select it from there, I can upload the full-res version, no problem. Unsure how Android handles it though.

My eyes see the past…

So to get this back on topic, here's a picture I didn't get time to edit at all.IMG_0049.thumb.JPG.23755272bc252d8a52ab8be73f5d8b2f.JPG

Don't ask, It's a cup of milk, I was bored and had nothing else to do.

Edit: Forgot to include the image above

13 hours ago, Zodiark1593 said:

so I gave it exactly what it deserved. A spot in a small corner of the interweb, hosted by a minor celebrity, to demonstrate how image uploading works. Thank you, Thing.

So, a good doggo?

/s

But I really like the colour composition on it (I don't really know how to describe it any otther way)

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

^

There is a term (I forget the exact name) where you see faces in things.

I see a smiling face in the glass, with a long nose and two unsettling eyes.

And having seen that, I cannot unsee it.

Your image has glass and liquid, so keeping with the theme (however much the theme is stretched)

1156491202_LucidiqueGlamour.jpg.0314fa6034858f3ac85abe6cbfa6c76e.jpg

Lucidique, from Clive Barker's Tortured Souls line. I put a wine glass in her hand because she doesn't bend at the elbow. Those old MacFarlane figs look great, but are little more than statues.

No post work because that's not my thing. What you see is what I shot.

Nikon D3x, ISO 100, f/11 90mm Macro 1/13th of a sec (tripod, natch)