usb 3 front panel header and crystal disk mark

hey, I'm having an issue with the front panel of my case, here are all the specs http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/5421-blue-sun/?hl=jathor#entry63604

now, I've changed the front panel usb 3 once because i thought that was the issue, then when it didn't solve my problem, i changed the usb 3 A to internal usb3 adapter (case comes with only usb3 pass through) and it still dint solve it.

my issue is that sometimes one of the connectors doesn't see/takes a long time to see whatever is plugged into it and my benchmarks aren't the same either (using the same external hdd) attached is a pic of the results.

other question is why is one of the results in red while the other is in regular green?

post-4602-0-44468400-1369003046_thumb.jp

Have you downloaded the latest USB 3.0 drivers for your MB?

CPU: AMD FX 6100 Stock - MB: Asus M5A97 EVO - RAM: AMD Memory Entertainment Edition 2x4 GB 1600 MHz - PSU: Topower 650W NANO - SSD: Samsung 840 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200 RPM - GPU: Sapphire HD 7770 Vapor - X OC - CASE: Aerocool Strike - X Advance (Red/Black) - OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Do you have the same trouble/performance issue if you plug the HDD into the rear USB3 of your MB ? 

Your best effort is the easiest thing to give to someone else..

yup all drivers and everything are the latest. and no, performance in the mb usb (rear i/o) is close to the speed of the one on the right. also, is there a reason why the one on the right is red? does it indicate an error by any chance?

With these tests the higher the score..the better the performance..you should consult the software programs legend/key to determine what the colours mean..

Case USB ports are sometimes left until the last..I have noted it with mice and KB's, it should also be noted that Windows treats a HDD plugged into a USB port as a removable devices and as such it may not get the same priority as a HDD or SSD connected to the SATA port or bus..

This may help compare your performance with your USB 3 HDD : http://www.everythingusb.com/speed.html

Do you use a SATA to USB 3 external HDD case..?

yeah its a sata to usb 3 but the thing is i did not find any legend for the color. also, those are the results from each of the 2 front panel usbs, the one on the left is the left front panel usb 3 and the one on the right is the right front usb 3, thats what i find weird..

I wonder if a slightly better fit of the plug would give you the better results..but some of the results are very close to margin of error..If you are getting better results from the rear i/o  and the right front usb3..have a look at the condition of the left case usb3. Check for crud..loose fit.etc.on the outside..if you can get to the inner case panel have a look at that side as well.. check the cord on the sata side of your unit..if it seems to be loose replace it..

the whole usb front panel was replaced by an oem part (silverstone sent me another one)...thats whats weird...starting to wonder if its the mobo header...oh well, not the end of the world, i just like having everything work like it should. any idea about the colour btw?

not yet..i had to install the program, and as yet my colours are consistent with the themes I have loaded.Can you turn the USB 3 on and off in your BIOS..?

• 3 weeks later...

hum... not sure, ill check it out, but how would that help in determining the issue? (curious)