NCIX Is Opening A New Store in North Surrey, BC

This will not end well for my bank account as my office is directly next door..... ALL OF THE PICK-UP SHIPPING OPTIONS ;___;

Apologies if this has been posted before, and yes I did search....

Please come to Vancouver Island!

Come on NCIX, I just need one on this little island beside you... ;-;

it's expensive to take the ferry for anyone to take a ferry to you guys.

I wish they'd open one in London, Ontario.  I know we already have Canada Computers, Tiger Direct, and Computer Liquidators, but we could use more ;)

Tiger Direct sucks!  It really does.  NCIX with their price matching and membership benefits are awesome.  We really do need them in London, Ontario to drive out Tiger Direct and whoever else is offering second rate pricing.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

Tiger Direct sucks!  It really does.  NCIX with their price matching and membership benefits are awesome.  We really do need them in London, Ontario to drive out Tiger Direct and whoever else is offering second rate pricing.

I cant even access Tiger Direct even though theyre "international"

INTERNATIONAL - You keep using that word but i dont think you know what it means

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Well said.  Just noticed you're not too far away.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

If NCiX came to NYC (a 30 min train ride away from me) I would probably spend all my free time there or something. Microcenter is cool and all, but their selection is not the best.

The only decent PC store chain is Maplins, and they're stupidly expensive. The only great one I know of it Overclockers UK

Overclockers UK is the best computer store here in the UK as far as I know. Their customer service is beyond exceptional in my experience, and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Another decent store is Novatech, but both Novatech and Overclockers only have one physical shop and don't have any chain stores, Novatech used to have multiple stores in the past.

Maplins is a chain store but it's really nothing special and their range of enthusiast computer parts is pretty poor, and Currys PC World isn't great either.

Price wise however... most of the stores mentioned above are often beaten by online retailers like amazon.co.uk, scan.co.uk, ebuyer.com etc.

Overclockers UK is the best computer store here in the UK as far as I know. Their customer service is beyond exceptional in my experience, and I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Another decent store is Novatech, but both Novatech and Overclockers only have one physical shop and don't have any chain stores, Novatech used to have multiple stores in the past.

Maplins is a chain store but it's really nothing special and their range of enthusiast computer parts is pretty poor, and Currys PC World isn't great either.

Price wise however... most of the stores mentioned above are often beaten by online retailers like amazon.co.uk, scan.co.uk, ebuyer.com etc.

Yeah, if there was a popular chain of enthusiast, cheap pc stores, then I would be so happy. Shame there isn't, I'm one of those people that likes to just browse stores, and not buy anything :P #FirstWorldProblems

Yeah, if there was a popular chain of enthusiast, cheap pc stores, then I would be so happy. Shame there isn't, I'm one of those people that likes to just browse stores, and not buy anything :P #FirstWorldProblems

So you have never been to a NCIX retail location.

I reality there is very little stock on display.  You walk into the store, take a number and wait until a sales associate is free.  They search for what you want on the online catalog and then go to the warehouse in the back and get it for you.  What little stock is on display is just for you to have something to look at while waiting.  The Burnaby location has under 1000 sq ft of "retail space", although some are bigger.

I reality there is very little stock on display.  You walk into the store, take a number and wait until a sales associate is free.  They search for what you want on the online catalog and then go to the warehouse in the back and get it for you.  What little stock is on display is just for you to have something to look at while waiting.  The Burnaby location has under 1000 sq ft of "retail space", although some are bigger.

This must be different depending on the location. The Mississauga, Ontario location is basically just like any other "PC Enthusiast" store like Tigerdirect or Canada Computers. They have lots of rows of shelves, all filled with PC parts.

Of course the warehouse and online catalog has a much larger selection, and they will help you with that as well if need be, but their sales floor has all the major brands/components/categories that you would normally need.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I was talking about the UK