[VideoCardZ] Mantle Support List Leaked With 25+ games, Including GTA V.

I find this list hard to believe. If it pans out for games like the new cod and gtav, Nvidia could have a big issue on their hands: they'd have to significantly lower their prices and even then I don't think they could quite compete without just biting the bullet and licensing Mantle themselves.

But again, I find it hard to believe that AMD has this much support already.

EDIT: Totally forgot about a few days back about Intel inquiring about Mantle, all of the sudden this list seems more plausible. Well good for the red team which is always my choice of CPUs and usually GPUs as well.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I'd like to see Fallout 4 not be an ugly game like everything else that comes out of Bethesda.

Because it doesn't always work and most everyone is praising it.

It's still pre-Alpha and AMD toted it as being the end of DX. I'm still waiting for it to be in most games. :P

AMD has never "toted" is as being the end of DX. If you are making such a statement you should back it up with a source.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

The amount of performance you gain using Mantle is all over the place. Games perform better, games perform worse, some don't even change in performance. For something so incredible you'd think it would work all the time.

I had nothing but performance increases on my end. went from min 50 fps to min 70fps on bf4.

Well either they screwed up big time or this is fake. Cod AW isn't being developed by treyarch.

yes true activision switched teams on call of duty on Mai, now sledghammer is taking cod AW, and teyarch moved to help infinity wards on some other project probably modern warfar 4

I heard Sniper Elite 3 was getting Mantle support, but I loaded it up to find there was no option to change the API. 

Maybe don't get your hopes up.

EDIT: I missed it on the list. Disregard my post.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

yes true activision switched teams on call of duty on Mai, now sledghammer is taking cod AW, and teyarch moved to help infinity wards on some other project probably modern warfar 4

Treyarch, AFAIK, is continuing the Black Ops series and IW has to settle their crap because MW3 went down the toilet and Ghosts was horrifically awful. 

Its a shame because BO I was a good game with a good single player that at least made it worth playing, but it all went to hell after MW for the most part

Yasssssssss hopefully some of these games are going on Linux cuz I so badly want to switch to Linux. Oh and I'm not giving up my GTX 760. I will however buy a R9 290x for a penny on eBay.

Project Restomod (In progress)

Why is it in green? You would think it would be red for AMD not Nvidia Green. Other than that, good to see games taking on this new API!

You call it nvidia green, it's called goober green

AMD red is period red.

oh jeez

I love NVIDIA and hate AMD but if MANTLE will be on LINUX/UBUNTU i will sell my NVIDIA card and buy any AMD card :)

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

I love NVIDIA and hate AMD but if MANTLE will be on LINUX/UBUNTU i will sell my NVIDIA card and buy any AMD card :)

why would you need Mantle on linux/unbutu ? i thought linux only has tetris kind of games,  dont see the need for Mantle with no triple A titiles to benefit from it

maybe once steamOS shows up, and hopefuly devs follow.

why would you need Mantle on linux/unbutu ? i thought linux only has tetris kind of games,  dont see the need for Mantle with no triple A titiles to benefit from it

if mantle is on linux/ubuntu then games are on it too!

ubuntu is waay better in gaming then windows. 

look at this FPS!!!

ubuntu already has native support for really good games like left 4 dead 2, metro 2033, witcher will be on ubuntu and so on. project cars will be on Steam OS

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

If GTA V gets mantle, that might shut people up who are constantly moaning about GTA IV being a bad port, and that GTA V is probably going to be a shitty port as well. So annoying.

"Same rules since the first man picked up the first stick and beat the second man's ass with it."

And all the butthurt Nvidia fanboys come out of the woodworks

On a more serious note, what makes Mantle greater than DX12 that many may not realize is that looking at previous verisons of DX, it doesn't get maintained and updated very often and it's clear that from looking at the history that Microsoft doesn't care about PC gamers (as much as they keep trying to convince us otherwise). But with Mantle, you can potentially see many revisions throughout its lifetime without it being tied to Microsoft. AMD actually does care about PC gamers (it's consumers) and I'd rather back a company that does that than one that doesn't. If Nvidia would adopt Mantle instead of DX12 then it could mean huge possibilities for all PC games and not just AMD users. Currently it's AMD pushing the market forward as it always has.

Processor: AMD FX8320 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: Asus M5A99FX PRO 2.0 RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600Mhz

Graphics: Zotac GTX 1060 6GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair Carbine 500R Drives: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD & Seagate 1TB 7200rpm HDD

And all the butthurt Nvidia fanboys come out of the woodworks

On a more serious note, what makes Mantle greater than DX12 that many may not realize is that looking at previous verisons of DX, it doesn't get maintained and updated very often and it's clear that from looking at the history that Microsoft doesn't care about PC gamers (as much as they keep trying to convince us otherwise). But with Mantle, you can potentially see many revisions throughout its lifetime without it being tied to Microsoft. AMD actually does care about PC gamers (it's consumers) and I'd rather back a company that does that than one that doesn't. If Nvidia would adopt Mantle instead of DX12 then it could mean huge possibilities for all PC games and not just AMD users. Currently it's AMD pushing the market forward as it always has.

If Intel adopts Mantle then nVidia will have no choice but to sign up too.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

the following AAA games are either announced or already out on Linux / steamOS. It's not comparable to Windows, but in just a few months Valve has created quite a bit of momentum compared to how Linux was in the past. Also some would make the case that because of the current state of openGL, Linux stands to benefit more than Windows from Mantle.

-All Valve games

-Witcher 2

-Witcher 3

-Interstellar Marines

-Civilization 5

-New Unreal Tournament

-Metro Redux (2033 and Last Light)

-Project Cars

-Homefront The Revolution

-XCOM: Enemy Unknown

-Star Citizen

-Grid games

-Tropico 5

-Serious Sam 4

If Intel adopts Mantle then nVidia will have no choice but to sign up too.

I doubt Nvidia will join as long as AMD has control over Mantle.

And you can understand why. It would be stupid to allow PC gaming to go in a direction where the industry standard API is controlled by one vendor.

I say this even as a self-confessed AMD fanboy.

Now if AMD really open sources Mantle without restrictions then maybe somebody can pick it up, iterate and make it into an industry standard, with it's own release cycle similar to openGL. But it should be an independent body.

So glad I went AMD this time. Dying Light support? Yes please!

Yasssssssss hopefully some of these games are going on Linux cuz I so badly want to switch to Linux. Oh and I'm not giving up my GTX 760. I will however buy a R9 290x for a penny on eBay.

I bought two 290's for $250 a piece (about the average). I recommend it, especially if you water cool.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

i am so happy of having a mantle ready pc already

(with my old 1s gen 7850)

and i am also playing Portal 2 (on steam) on my Linux pc (with ubuntu 14.04) and i love it (with an old 5670)

(is so awesome see the Portal series on Linux)

i think mantle is 100% good news (for all)  ^_^ 

Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars... Sleeping Dogs... HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS EXISTED?!

tumblr_n5s8g5Z55E1qdsh8vo1_500.gif

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Wow, I own one of these games...

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Wow, I own one of these games...

Is it Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare?  :P

| CPU: An abacus | Motherboard: Tin foil | RAM: 2 Popsicle sticks | GPU: Virtual Boy | Case: Cardboard box | Storage: Cardboard | PSU: 3... Er... Make that 2 hamsters | Display(s): Broken glass | Cooling: Brawndo | Keyboard: More cardboard | Mouse: Jerry | Sound: 2 Cans of SpaghettiO's |

Is it Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare?  :P

Haha, nope its Mirror's Edge (Steam Summer Sale)

My PC:

4670k      GTX 760 ACX      CoolerMaster Hyper 412s      Fractal Design Node 804      G1 Sniper M5      Corsair RM 650      WD Red 1TB     Samsung 840 Evo 120GB

Haha, nope its Mirror's Edge (Steam Summer Sale)

They're not talking about the Mirror's Edge from 2008 lol

They're are talking about the this one:

RTX2070OC