Microsoft Promotion Offering 75$ To Gamer That Update Their XBox 360 To XBox One

GoodBytes

A Canadian user on NeoGAF has discovered a promotional message when turned on his or her XBox console, showing a promotion from Microsoft.

The user took screen shot of the promotion, reports Polygon.

xbox-one-upgrade-offer_1.0_cinema_960.0.

Microsoft is offering 75$ to those who upgrade their XBox 360, to the XBox One.

However, some with the XBox 360, don't see the promotion. We don't know if it has to do with: if there is a Microsoft Store in their region or not (with or not supported retailers), or that it depends what games and/or services you have, or simply the promotion page takes time to appear on all system, much like Windows Updates, where it is being released in groups of user at a time, and not all together.

ULVaRVb.jpg

Promotion ends the 31st of this month.

Source: http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/8/5880095/report-microsoft-is-giving-away-75-to-gamers-who-upgrade-to-xbox-one

Source 2: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=851200

Well well well, what do we have here. 

I'll have to check mine, the console is due for replacement anyways and if that means I get 75 back to spend on more crap I will never play but still have the library, I ain't even mad. 

The real question is, do those 75 pesos come to your MS account as actual cash? Cause then I can go buy another controller off MSs site, which would be nice. If its just game/XBO store credit, thats cool too. 

They do that it's called the never settle bundle.

Think about it, Microsoft is giving you store credit or something equally lame, something that has little tangible let value, and you lose your old console.

Scratch that, never settle is way better because you aren't giving away your graphics card for app store credit.

Gj Microsoft on another stupid trade in promotion.

dear god to bad this doesnt happen with graphics cards.

"I see your still on that HD 7950, would you like 75$ off to upgrade to a 290?"

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Too bad I'm no longer an Xbox fan and Microsoft has a totally different vision than what it had 8 years ago. Phil Spencer seems promising but I'd like to see more from him before going out and investing low end hardware that costs money to play online for $400+.

Give me more 1st party titles worth buying and a better service and I'd go out and purchase one.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

They should offer $200 for using PC. Microsoft, you had only one thing in working condition, and you had to fuck it up!

I'd rather like to see MS pays AMD $75 more for each console. So AMD can put a much more powerful APU in the Xbox One. 

Makes sense I suppose. It wont be long before they stop making games for the XB360, so they need to get as many people into the XB1 as possible so they continue to pay their live membership and buy games.

I bet the plan is pretty successful too.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

I don't care for exclusive games and content, what I do care about is a quality experience.

No dedicated servers? No keyboard/mouse support? Have to pay to play online? Overpriced junk(games)?

Why should I spend $400 on a console, $50+ a year, and then spend over $100 per game(game+season pass) just to have the "Xbox" experience?

Thanks, but no thanks. Been with Xbox since around 2000, got my 360 in 2007 and have quit completely two years ago. Been a PC gamer since 2005 and I should have stayed since then.

So to the people that go out and buy there console straight away even after they screwed us over with drm etc we still had faith we get nothing but for the people who only just buy one after they have fixed most things they get the money? wtf seriously Microsoft just piss off already!

So to the people that go out and buy there console straight away even after they screwed us over with drm etc we still had faith we get nothing but for the people who only just buy one after they have fixed most things they get the money? wtf seriously Microsoft just piss off already!

It's promotional. It's not like Microsoft is going to give out $75 to every Day one owner of the Xbox one, It doesn't work like that. The purpose of this is to get more sales as they are behind the sales of the PS4.

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

Monitors: 2x BenQ GL2450 and 1x Some 22" 1080P Tv

It's promotional. It's not like Microsoft is going to give out $75 to every Day one owner of the Xbox one, It doesn't work like that. The purpose of this is to get more sales as they are behind the sales of the PS4.

No shit my point is the people that are loyal get nothing but the people who hesitated get something!

No shit my point is the people that are loyal get nothing but the people who hesitated get something!

There's no guarantee that they Hesitated at this rate they probably wouldn't get an Xbox One until they are considerably cheaper considering the recent price drop and the People who were Loyal got Nearly a Year of gaming on a 'Next Generation platform'.

PC Specs: - *NZXT Phantom 410 Black/Orange* - *AMD FX-8320 3.5GHz* - *CM Hyper 212 EVO* - *Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3* - *Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mHz* - *Gigabyte 780 Ti* - *Seagate Barracuda 500gb 7200rpm HDD* - *ModXStream PRO 600W PSU* -

the People who were Loyal got Nearly a Year of gaming on a 'Next Generation platform'.

Yea with no people to play with and a shitty ui oh and couldnt even use our mics for ages lol

Yea with no people to play with and a shitty ui oh and couldnt even use our mics for ages lol

Wait, Wait, Wait. You're telling me you bought a PeasentBox one?

But anyway all it is is a way to get more sales, You may find it unfair I do not but it's just how the cookie crumbles

Translation. Our crappy budget PC isn't selling and Amazon sales are a joke on this thing, so we will throw in some stuff if you buy this catastrophe.

For PC gamers? We are no longer supporting Windows 7 in 2015, we might just withhold DirectX 12 from 8 to, and you will be forced to buy our stupid OS that you may not even like. We could care less if you bought our OS from the 90's onward and paid us a grand for software. 

Oh and we might just make it a dial home OS as well, because F you. We are keeping Games for Windows live around though. So get pumped!

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

they need to drive adoption rate of Xbox One somehow. I think this will get some consumers' attentions.

With people who were already set on upgrading to an Xbox One, they have a chance to buy the system a bit cheaper and grab an extra game. 

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Its an ok deal. Basicly a free game or two depending on how much the game cost. Do you need Xbox live to go to the online store?

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

Too bad I'm no longer an Xbox fan and Microsoft has a totally different vision than what it had 8 years ago

What was their vision 8 years ago?

What was their vision 8 years ago?

Look at the Xbox 360 announcement then and compare it to the Xbox One announcement. It's like a different company.

It was about games for the gamers.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

You do realize the One has nothing but dedicated servers? You do realize thats the whole fucking point of having the Azure system integrated into XBL? 

People like you are as bad as the PC Master Race guys who resort to lies and sloppy research to put down the consoles. Why bother? We all know that to PC gamers like us the consoles are poor value, so leave it at that. Lying and spreading misinformation makes us look like the assholes the internet thinks we already are. 

If you aren't sure of something, don't say anything.

No dedicated servers? No keyboard/mouse support? Have to pay to play online? Overpriced junk(games)?