Can someone check out my future build parts and... well... verify that it'll work?

ImDanil

Note: I won't be getting these parts for a long time, estimated 4 months minimum. This will also be my second build, ever.

Build type: Gaming/editing/Facebooking

It all starts out with the case: the BitFenix Ghost. For some reason, I am stuck on this case and, because of my stubbornness, will not be changing it.

All fans will be replaced with Noctua's 120mm fans. (5 fans total. A 6th fan might be added at the bottom of the case depending on how much room there is after I install the PSU.)

Inside will be the ASUS Z97-A motherboard, planted with the Intel Core i7-4770K (OC'd to 4.2-4.5 Ghz). To keep that badboy from overheating on an intense game of Minesweeper, I'll be liquid cooling it with the Corsair H100i at the top of the case. (Quick question: should I screw the radiator on top of the fans, or the fans on top of the radiator?)

Next comes the RAM. There will be two sticks of G.Skill Trident X, for a total of 16GB (might add another two sticks in the future).

The graphics card might be the most challenging part of this build. To make sure I get an average of 30-35 FPS on Solitaire at 360p, I'll be including the EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti. To keep it cooler than Johnny Depp going to children hospitals in full Jack Sparrow attire, I'll be liquid cooling it with the help of NZXT's Kraken G10 GPU Bracket. Attached to the bracket will be Corsair's H105, which will be placed in the front of the case. I'll be removing the SDD and HD drive mounts to make this possible. Note: according to a NZXT rep on some forum, the Kraken G10 supports 780 Ti cooling; and according to the Kraken G10 site, it supports the H105 system. Depending on how much space there is, I might include an additional GTX 780 Ti at a way later date.

To power everything, I'll be installing Corsair's AX1200i (1200W) power supply.

Because I plan on getting into photography, I'll be including a Rosewill SD Card reader. Please, if there's anything you would rather recommend, let me know.

Additional info:

- One Samsung 840 EVO 1 TB SSD

- One Western Digital 1 TB Hard Drive (Blue)

- 3-5 plugged in USB devices at all times

- One DVD-RW optical drive

Estimated build cost (for those that are too lazy to do the math, no s/h or tax): $2847.

I'm choosing some of the best parts so I can play games for the next several years without needing to upgrade.

No images? Worst. Signature. Ever.

You only need like a 550w PSU for that build M8, and like 750 for SLI

and pls stop the psuedo-trolling :^)

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Pick the 4790k instead.

Don't get the AX1200i, you need maybe 500W-550W MAX on that build.

The 1200i is quad sli range.

If you want to SLI later down the line, i'd recommend a V850.

You only need like a 550w PSU for that build M8, and like 750 for SLI

and pls stop the psuedo-trolling :^)

Pick the 4790k instead.

Don't get the AX1200i, you need maybe 500W-550W MAX on that build.

The 1200i is quad sli range.

If you want to SLI later down the line, i'd recommend a V850.

Every wattage calculator I did estimated 800-1000 watts. And I picked 1200 watts because I don't know what kind of upgrades I'll be doing and I want the PSU to handle everything I throw at it for the next several years. And thanks for the 4790k suggestion. I looked it up and it looks a lot better.

sweet jesus you're bleeding money. I recommend a larger WD Black Hard Drive and maybe decrease the SSD size a bit. 

Every wattage calculator I did estimated 800-1000 watts. And I picked 1200 watts because I don't know what kind of upgrades I'll be doing and I want the PSU to handle everything I throw at it for the next several years. And thanks for the 4790k suggestion. I looked it up and it looks a lot better.

No way.

that cant be right 

what values did you put into the PSU calculator?

even with all the water cooling parts

you don't need any PSU with excess of 1K watts

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

that cant be right 

Agreed. I have a rig which is similar with the exception of no Kraken (want one) and I'm on a gtx 680, and I am not even close to pushing my 750.

sweet jesus you're bleeding money. I recommend a larger WD Black Hard Drive and maybe decrease the SSD size a bit. 

Not quite. Like I said, it'll take 4 months minimum before I get it. Besides, these are just plans for now. I might never get it, who knows.

No way.

Way. (Read next quote reply, too.)

that cant be right 

I should have mentioned that I input two graphics cards (which is what I was planning before I decided to get the single 780 Ti instead, which I might double later on).

I forgot which one, but this one calculator gave me 980 watts as the answer after I input everything. I also didn't include the 2nd watercooling system (since I decided to l. cool the GPU afterwards).

I'm sure a 1k will work, but I don't want it to be under 98% load when I'm using the heck out of my computer, as it will reduce its life-expediency (not sure if correct term). I'm sure a 1200 watt under 80-90% load will last much longer than the 1k.

If you want, I can do another Wattage calculator; but I don't know which one I should do, so if you have any recommendations, lemme hear it.

One more question, should I have the fans on top of the radiator or should the radiator be on top of the fans?

Not quite. Like I said, it'll take 4 months minimum before I get it. Besides, these are just plans for now. I might never get it, who knows.

Way. (Read next quote reply, too.)

I should have mentioned that I input two graphics cards (which is what I was planning before I decided to get the single 780 Ti instead, which I might double later on).

I forgot which one, but this one calculator gave me 980 watts as the answer after I input everything. I also didn't include the 2nd watercooling system (since I decided to l. cool the GPU afterwards).

I'm sure a 1k will work, but I don't want it to be under 98% load when I'm using the heck out of my computer, as it will reduce its life-expediency (not sure if correct term). I'm sure a 1200 watt under 80-90% load will last much longer than the 1k.

If you want, I can do another Wattage calculator; but I don't know which one I should do, so if you have any recommendations, lemme hear it.

One more question, should I have the fans on top of the radiator or should the radiator be on top of the fans?

NICE. Just did my own calculation and came out at 630W non overclocked.

Get a v850.

NICE. Just did my own calculation and came out at 630W non overclocked.

Get a v850.

Yeah, I did a calculator too and got 630 min, 680 max (overclocked). I have no idea how I got 900+ last time.

Thank you for trying to help and all, and I understand why I should get a lower wattage one, but I'm stuck on 1200w.

It's one of things I'm stubborn about.