Heaven Society Week 10 Poll (+Surprise)

JLCitadel

vfAXr6z.png

Hello everyone, it's time for us to pick which anime we'd like to watch for Week 10!

Polls will be up for 24 hours, so you've got plenty of time to decide.

Below is a list of each anime, a synopsis, and an image.

If you're interested in becoming a part of the club, please click here for more information.

Each week we pick 3-4 anime that members of the club inbox me along with last weeks runner up and one chosen by the admin

Of those 4-6 anime, we create a poll and vote on it, the winner has a discussion thread made for it.

In honor of reaching 10 weeks, which by the way, is incredible!

@MyInnerFred and I have put together a little surprise for you!

To celebrate we've decided to do a little bit of a give away for our club members!

To enter the give away, one need to simply be a member of the club, and comment in this thread!

Your name will be entered for a chance to win a bundle of cool prizes including posters/toys/shirts of some of your favorite anime!

For those who are NOT a member of our club, to join, simply send me a private message with the following:

Why do you want to join?

What's a suggestion you have?

Why this suggestion?

Note: Everyone is welcome to be part of the club, we just do this to increase activity of members, to make sure that those who become a listed member are people who are going to actively participate and watch with us. For anymore information on becoming a member please visit our main thread linked Here.

48 Hours from the Creation of this Thread We Will Announce the Following:

The Winner of the Give Away

Week 10 Discussion Thread

The Newest Promotions to the Club

Our New Suggestion Thread

& A Few More Surprises!

So, without further adieu, here are your picks for Week 10!

Club Admin Pick

Attack on Titan

a75ea7adaabf4fa642b97c8ee5691a6d.png

Several hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by titans. Titans are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by walling themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of titans. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a titan in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a colossal titan that appears out of thin air. As the smaller titans flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single titan and take revenge for all of mankind..

Roll Over Pick

Cowboy Bebop (Again)

29600ad3d0446c755e51c366a08c9dae.png

Enter a world in the distant future, where Bounty Hunters roam the solar system. Spike and Jet, bounty hunting partners, set out on journeys in an ever struggling effort to win bounty rewards to survive. While traveling, they meet up with other very interesting people. Could Faye, the beautiful and ridiculously poor gambler, Edward, the computer genius, and Ein, the engineered dog be a good addition to the group?

Member Suggestion #1

Death Note

73a0dd298f0e1afb80eb9bc2a4ff7c4c.png

Yagami Light is a 17-year-old genius from Japan who is tired of his life, school, and the state of the world as he knows it. One day, on the way home from class, Light stumbles upon a dark notebook with "Death Note" written on the front. Intrigued by its appearance, Light reads the first few sentences, only to find out that it states that anyone whose name is written inside will die. Discarding it as a joke, Light continues his daily activities. Soon after though, his human curiosity takes the better of him and prompts Light to try the notebook, discovering the truth behind first sentence. Now, with power in his hands, Yagami Light is on a quest to change the world and become God of the New World. His path to holy status won't be easy however, as another genius, known as L, is working against Light's beliefs and Light himself. Who will win this power of Gods between humans?

Member Suggestion #2

Thunder Jet

30829.jpg

Rai is a space opera that fuses feudal Chinese and Japanese customs with vast galaxy spanning empires and space-going societies. The story follows the life and times of the samurai Rai, and the quest of several spacefaring factions for control of territory and, of course, the Empire.

Member Suggestion #3

Yuusha ni Narenakatta Ore wa Shibushibu Shuushoku wo Ketsui Shimashita.

(I Couldn’t Become a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to Get a Job.)

54389.jpg

The story revolves around Raul, a boy who did not become a Hero, since the demon lord was already defeated just before his Hero exams. His dreams dashed, Raul spends his days working at a magic shop in the capital. One day, a part-time job seeker appears at the shop with an amazing résumé:

Name: Fino

Previous Occupation: Demon Lord Heir

Motive: Because my father was defeated

Member Tags

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the name of that last one. HA

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

i'm gonna pick Thunder jet, because i already saw all the other anime on this list :) and ENTER GALACTIC SAMURAI'S!!

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Hmm, if it were the Death Note manga, I would vote for that. Shingeki No Kyojin is definitely a good choice though. 

Very surprised you aren't linked to myanimelist.net but looks kinda messy.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Very surprised you aren't linked to myanimelist.net Why's that?

looks kinda messy. the thread?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Voted for that obnoxiously long title of an anime. Even though I pretty much dropped all of them at one point. (Except Cowboy Bepop, never got around to watching it and by now I just don't care... also Thunder Jet, never heard of that one.)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I've voted for Death Note because It's frikken awesome and I suggested it :P But that 'I couldn't become a hero so reluctantly decided to get a Job' thing sounds interesting. 

Also are you pulling a Linus with the &Surprise part? :P 

never watched Thunder Jet or Member Suggestion #3 (which I have no idea what the hell the title is) so I will have to pick one of those 2

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

I've voted for Death Note because It's frikken awesome and I suggested it :P But that 'I couldn't become a hero so reluctantly decided to get a Job' thing sounds interesting. 

Also are you pulling a Linus with the &Surprise part? :P

Read the top of the post ^_^

I always come in here and randomly vote even though I know nothing about any of the animes because I'm a meddling waste of oxygen.

Lol, if you are willing I can train you in the way of the anime's

Voted for that obnoxiously long title of an anime. Even though I pretty much dropped all of them at one point. (Except Cowboy Bepop, never got around to watching it and by now I just don't care... also Thunder Jet, never heard of that one.)

Lol. BTW bebop is something you should care about.

Lol. BTW bebop is something you should care about.

I just can't... from the years I've been on the Internet, the whole plot has pretty much been spoiled to me so it makes caring for it even harder. I might just read the manga or something when I'm bored...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I just watched Death note but I feel like cowboy bebop has been in the poll for years now just can't bring myself to vote for it xD The last week went quickly or is this thread earlier than usual :P

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

Also if death note wins I'll only talk about season 1 ;)

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I just watched Death note but I feel like cowboy bebop has been in the poll for years now just can't bring myself to vote for it xD The last week went quickly or is this thread earlier than usual :P

Nope just on time which is unusual its ordinarily a day late

Nope just on time which is unusual its ordinarily a day late

That explains it xD

R9 7950x | RTX4090

I just can't... from the years I've been on the Internet, the whole plot has pretty much been spoiled to me so it makes caring for it even harder. I might just read the manga or something when I'm bored...

The original manga novels that go onto more about Ed and win are really good.

Also if death note wins I'll only talk about season 1 ;)

So your one of those people...

I also am one of "those people". Everything after L was just bad/boring to me.

Read the top of the post ^_^

Yeah I read that :P Cool beans :) I just found it to be funny that you pulled a Linus. 

Yeah, Season 1 was awesome it had everything you needed.

Season 2 felt like insert generic/copy character/characters . Its one of those plot points I just find unoriginal/boring/insert vanilla keyword and can never be arsed with those kinds of things.

I don't want to get all spoilerific until after the anime wins as I don't want to turn this thread into a death note discussion.

The first season was one of the best anime's I've seen the second season I always regret taking the time to watch and just like to forget it ever happened. Since I've only seen season 2 twice and don't have any plans to rewatch it I'd only be able to talk about Season 1 in detail anyway. Some people might enjoy season 2 and it had some great parts but it just isn't my cup of tea.

I'd like to stress I don't think all first seasons of an anime are the best :P

R9 7950x | RTX4090