ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

Woa, it looks great. Also looks like decent for almost any game +1

I really like the IPS display and backlit keyboard

Loving the lineup of stuff including that "motivational sphere" dispenser and the Mario Cart figurine peeking out from behind Linus.

My favourite thing about this gaming notebook would be the 15.6" IPS display. Since TN panels are more beneficial for gaming due to their faster response times, I just feel that IPS can really bring a game to life due to it's amazing colour accuracy and it's more than acceptable response times. To me personally, I feel more immersed in a game that provides a good balance between visuals and colours, despite how old or new the game is, and I really do feel that IPS displays can provide this exact balance. For the screen size, I feel that 15.6" is a very good balance between portability and being able to see detailed visuals in game. The screen is also 1080p which is just the icing on the cake!  ^_^

I am a student cinematographer/editor, specifically working on promotional content for companies in my local area, and I feel that having a IPS display for my work will greatly improve the quality of content that I bring out. I feel that it would allow me to be more creative in certain aspects such as colour correction, grading and being able to see every little detail. Having this notebook will certainly be a huge step up from my very old Acer Core i3 4GB Laptop which seems to chug a lot  :P

3 hours of battery life, my laptop is not gaming and can't handle even 2 hours of browsing on it...

I love the awesome build qualtiy and that amazing brushed aluminium.

Definitely the signatures, IPS screen also looks great.

love the looks and the signatures :)

Love the screen and the aluminum build on top of all the signatures are badass :)

That 'real-world' battery life seems pretty damn good for a gaming laptop. Either that or I've been so jaded that I haven't been looking at laptops for a very long time.

I like this laptop because it has a realy good gpu for a laptop and has great performance.

My favorite thing about the ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook is the red LED back-lit keyboard and the red strip around the outside!

The brushed aluminium finish is gorgeous! 

My  favourite part about ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook that it's on  GIVEAWAY, lol.

The signatures :D And to game on an Asus just to annoy someone I know that says that you can't do it :P

Let me win, cause why not

:)

Love the thinness and all them signatures  :)

Hi there. Move along, n0thing to see here.

Thing I like most are the strong speakers, something I miss a lot with most laptops.

Well, the signatures are very cool !!! :)

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.

NCIX: http://bit.ly/1lEjDVK

Amazon: http://geni.us/1IQe

The G550JK is a well-balanced machine that strikes a solid balance between form factor, looks, performance, and cost.

Alright, now onto the really good stuff. We have an ASUS G550JK (signed by some of the HighLANder attendees including Linus, Luke, Logan, and Austin) to give away to one lucky viewer! All you need to do to qualify is post your favourite thing about the G550JK from the review above in this thread and you can be selected at random to win this laptop!

Best of luck to everyone!

One entry per household.

The giveaway is worldwide and closes July 18th. The winner will be drawn LIVE on The WAN Show, so make sure you're watching at twitch.tv/linustech at 4:30pm Pacific on July 18th!

Signatures !!! and battery life considering that is gaming notebook.

I really like the form factor and the specs of this laptop. It is great for me, I don't play many games and I mostly use my PC to develop software, so the battery life will be great for me.

The signatures are my favorite thing, looks like special edition from LinusTechTips  :wub: