ASUS RoG G550JK Gaming Notebook & GIVEAWAY

I like the design of the back that is aliminum but it does not stain and the great speakers.

The single GTX 850m would be my favorite thing about this notebook. I'm currently running a laptop with two 650m in SLi, and it's really more trouble than it's worth.

Of course, the awesome signatures from a bunch of my favorite tech-youtubers don't hurt either. :)

My favourite part is the awesome slim good looking design, with good speakers. 

CPU: I7 4790 @ 4GHz /w Cooler Master Hyper 412S | MOBO: ASUS Z97 PRO | GPU: Gigabyte gtx 780 OC | RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB @ 1866MHz | PSU: Corsair RM850 | SSD Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB | HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7000rpm | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro | MONITOR: Samsung S24D300 | KEYBOARD: CMStorm Devastator | MOUSE: Logitech G500s | MOUSE#2: Logitech M500| HEADSET: Logitech G230 | SPEAKERS: Logitech Z313 2.1  | Phone: Galaxy Note II

I really like the flashy red stripe on it, though I feel it might be a bit too much. 

That thing is a BEAST compared to my laptop :P

As a side note: More mountain gaming footage maybe, pls?

The Red and Black color combination looks amazing.

Float like a butterfly, Sting like a bee - Muhammad Ali 

My favourite thing would have to be the design, I'm a sucker for aluminum.

i7 3770k @ 4.3GHz, Asus P8Z77-V LK, 16GB G.Skill 2133MHz, Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC @ 1306MHz Core, 7141MHz Memory, Cooler Master Storm Stryker, 256GB Sandisk SSD, 3TB Seagate HDD, Antec High Current Gamer 750W, Corsair H55 Liquid w/ Dual SP120s in Push/Pull

I like the backlit keyboard, the good audio, and that it's an Asus.

I think it would be perfect for a work laptop :) running SolidWorks and simulations. Also casual gaming when i need a brake from work :)

The fact that it is a gaming notebook is something I want!

I just want those signatures... and of course time to replace my Y580

My favorite thing about the Notebook would have to be its sleek design, i love the finish and the red edge.

favourite thing about the lappy... I'd have to say that subwoofer thing, i've never seen a laptop come with any external speaker hardware of any kind, not to mention the dedicated port for that subwoofer thingy.. Goodluck to everybody, i hope i win!

It's size!
I'm sick of carrying my 5 year old brick of a thing alien ware around all day at uni!

Dat ROG logo at the back is worth 1000$ to me , Love it.!

72 comments already?????

I like the sleek smooth look of the display. The fact that it's anodised aluminium makes it even better!

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

I love the price to performance ratio and dueability

I really like the overall design and quality put into this gaming laptop. The signatures are sweet also. =)

I like the backlit keyboard.

I also like that it has a DVD drive... not something that I would use regularly... but I dont feel like carryng an external USB to almost never use it.

The thing I like about the G550JK is a great balance between 'Bling' and 'Pwnage'.

'Bling': Backlit Keyboard, Brushed Aluminium, Signatures on the Laptop's Derriere / Ass. Good Size too.

'Pwnage': Core i7 4710HQ, 8GB RAM, HDD, Reliability to even run on a Freaking Mountain! The GTX 850M on Maxwell is so much better than the GT 650M that I have. 

And yes, something this laptop has but my laptop doesn't; a good old-fashioned, old-school Optical Drive.

And its about time to have a powerhouse Laptop. My laptops gotten smaller and smaller with each acquisition by my parents, which ugh I can't take! 11.6 Inches currently, I need an external screen!

Bottomline is, this is a great go-anywhere anytime bad-ass Black and Red laptop. Indoors, outdoors, next to you / your pillow when you're about to sleep

Main Machine: Core i7 2600K, 12GB RAM, GTX 970 SLI, P8P67M-PRO, Fractal Define R3, 250GB Samsung 850 EVO, 2TB WDC Green, Windows 10    Laptop: MBP 13" Retina 2014 Haswell: 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, OS X El Capitan

Piano Recording Rig: Compaq HP 6200 SFF Core i3 2100, 4GB RAM, 750GB HDD, Zotac GTX 750 Low Profile OC, Windows 7 Pro

Available Spare Parts: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO SSD

my favorite thing is the looks of the thing, it looks a lot more tuned down that their flagship models which still look good but will get you odd looks from anyone who doesn't know about asus, its a good middle ground