LG G3 Review and.... TWENTY-FIVE Phone Giveaway?!

What I like the most out of the LG3 is the camera. One of the biggest problem i have with my phone is how long it takes for it to auto-focus and how fast you can switching from video to camera. Good Job LG

I really love the customization you can do with the launcher. By the looks of it I don't even really need to go out of my way and install a custom launcher just to get my desired features to make the phone feel like my own.

The high resolution screen and the powerful quad core processor surely would meet all my needs entertainment wise making this phone something I could possibly truly call my own

Cpt.Doom Reporting in!

My favorite thing is that rockin' 1440p display!

I would like to win an LG G3 because I want to experience that large resolution, and I have never had an Android phone before.

It has to be the 2560x1440 display.

The knock knock features are beast and the laser things sounds pretty rad

The laser focus sounds so awesome; it would be so good to use!

Visually this is the only phone I find comprible to the M8.
It's split screen multitasking feature is what wins me over on the software side.
For the miniature overlay apps included in the software, I favor the matching status bar color with the top bit when they're in full screen.

The PPI of the screen is a striking  feature I would use to view some of my Photoshop work as a review on a pixel by pixel basis and any testing I'd do for quality checks for fonts I work on and anything Android related in that software spectrum. As far as rooting the device, I would change the DPI to display more content (can only be done with Superuser access) and take advantage of its scaling capabilities (my eyes are used to strain of small text), which would not only give me privacy in that others cannot read my messages unless they're up close but would also allow me to scan through more emails and lists on the go at a quicker pace. The screen size is more realistic for the mindset I have with this, and I have longer fingers and have looked at replacement homescreens that employ gestures to make it easy for casual use. The keyboard's feature to split partially to the right or partially to the left for easier one-handed use is another nice feature that I find ideal (something not covered in the review, but more was covered than any of the other reviews I've seen, and they're is quite a bundle of unexpected software features).

The camera's laser focusing feature is important to me for capturing scenarios in which a camera with a sports-action reflex would only be comprible, which I find myself needing frequently. I've also looked into the longer exposures involved with its camera and it would be efficient enough at smoothing out water textures. Picture quality has also been tested to be higher than the M8 in well-lit environments (which is important for me).

The back buttons have idealistically become the only acceptable form for constructing a phone I've fallen in love with, except for any software incorporation (which is possible with this phone's knockon feature and the audio controls in the status bar are efficeint enough for me); the idea of hardly having to use hardware buttons feels like a major step forward  and has a minimalistic appeal.

The minimalism and build quality of the G3's design and its power both in software customizability and its hardware are enough to place it over my second-favorite smartphone: The M8.

Its cons, as addressed in the video review, don't bother me as it fulfills its uses. In checking for quality in my fonts, it being in bitmap format, having the best contrast isn't as necessary as reviewing where pixels start and end. The camera is mostly positive, and it's software is great. Overheating issues have never been something that has phased me, and for the contrary, I find myself in environments where I need a hand warmer anyways.

My favorite feature of the LG G3 is probably its multitasking feature and if I can say it, its software as a whole because of its customization. (I know I may have not been as precise about a particular feature and why I favor it over others, but for me, there are alot of great things about this phone, therefore it would be difficult to favor something cosmetic over something practical. It seems to border on a good line between the two for what phone technology is capable at the moment and I see it as a jack of the trades I'm interested in, understanding it may not fit the description of a 'jack of all trades,' as it isn't a phone that everyone would find interest in... I prefer its larger screen and pushy PPI despite the tradeoffs of having a better battery life compared to a 1080p screen of the same device or the same device as a smaller screen (which would begin to defeat any possible positives of a '2k'/'Dual HD' display.)

The only improvement that could be made that does bother me (but definitely isn't a deal-breaker) is a front-facing speaker, if that could be managed without affecting its form (I'm also a fan of its width, being more affective for some landscape applications I use).

- Minimalism, build quality, camera, cuztomizability, split screen multitasking on an Android device, the increased likeliness that  updates will be pushed quicker to a flagship

Random note: http://puu.sh/9VQpp/12369ffbc5.jpg Then you change the stand's color - > http://puu.sh/9VQw4/d22984b063.jpg

post-97692-0-88921800-1404434268_thumb.j

post-97692-0-88921800-1404434268_thumb.j

fav feature would defiantly be the buttons on the back, my friends always troll me and hit the lock button on my iPhone while I'm trying to use it. they will never be able to reach the back buttons 

fav feature would defiantly be the buttons on the back, my friends always troll me and hit the lock button on my iPhone while I'm trying to use it. they will never be able to reach the back buttons 

My favorite thing is a light skin that should help to compliment the large screen by not wasting performance on the skin's "fancy" animations and "addons" and rather help to push those oh so lovely pixels and deliver a more fluid and stock-like android experience all the while giving us some seemingly useful addons like the multitasking and non intrusive messaging.

I like LG G3's
-laser auto focus
-sexy bezels and resolution
-tap unlock thingy
-simple looking but really customizable UI

and everything else I haven't mentioned, because all my phones are so shitty and I need a really good one right this very minute... :)

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 OC'd to 4.2Ghz | MOBO: Gigabyte H81-M DS2 rev2.1 RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1x4gb | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 | HDD: WD Blue 1TB PSU: Antec VP 450 The rest are all generic parts for now :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kabz016/saved/#view=2xJPxr

I really like the fast focus on the camera. It's useful when a picture needs to be taken quickly.

My Favorite thing about the LG G3 is those rear facing buttons, I would certainly accept a plane ticket to a world where accidentally locking the phone cos you inadvertantly 'fondled' the lock button is not a thing.

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

Oh, and the beastly cpu gpu and ram it has I love it... :D

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 OC'd to 4.2Ghz | MOBO: Gigabyte H81-M DS2 rev2.1 RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X 1x4gb | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 560 | HDD: WD Blue 1TB PSU: Antec VP 450 The rest are all generic parts for now :D

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/kabz016/saved/#view=2xJPxr

The design is great 

*Corsair 500r * Intel Pentium G3258 @ 4,3 Ghz * 4GB RAM * WD 1TB HDD * Samsung 840 Evo 120GB * MSI GTX 960 4GB * Asus Z97 AR *Corsair VS650 * #KILLEDMYWIFE

i would be awesome if i won.... dying to compare the screen to my htc one m8

My favourite thing would be the removable back cover, as someone who does mobile device repairs, the G2 case was pointless, with one that is easily removable it will save time and make things so much easier, can't wait to tear one down :D

My Favorite thing about the phone its the looks of it, it looks great, and has so many features, and the most important it's the 1440p screen that its incredible compared to my 480p phone res.

I like that design.. and the display is awesome. I want the g3 for kick my note 2 ja

My favorite part is that is brushed on the back.

i7 4770K @ 4.5GHZ, NH-D14, Kingston HyperX Black 8GB, Asus Z87-A, Fractal Design XL R2, MSI TF IV R9 280x, BTFNX 550G

My favorite thing about the LG G3 is that it has an awesome resolution and the replaceable metal backplate