-=Blue-Bit =- Watercooled Bitfenix Prodigy ITX

Khazzirh

Hey, so, this is my first posting here, and also my first attempt at a water-cooled build of my own, and my first attempt at a little modding. 

As many have, I have chosen the Bitfenix Prodigy ITX-case, as I love the looks and the water-cooling I have seen in other similar cases ends up looking awesome.

I tried to take pictures along the way, but occasionally I went a little rogue and did a bit of work without documenting.

CPU: Intel 4690K

Motherboard: ASrock Z97E-ITX

Memory: Avexir Blitz 2x4 GB 2400 MHz

Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 250 GB SSD

GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB 

PSU: Corsair RM550 

Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Mini-ITX White

Other:

EK 770 Waterblock

EK CPU Universal Waterblock

3 x Bitspower 90 degree rotary

10 x EK 90 degree rotary

1 x EK res/pump-combo

1 x Black Ice stealth 120 mm rad

1 x Black Ice nemesis 240 mm rad

10mm/12mm acrylic tubing

EK male and female double O-ring fittings

3 x blue Dead Silence fans 120 mm

1 x corsair SP120 mm blue fan

Corsair blue-sleeved power-cables

I wanted a build that would be pretty to look at from all sides, so most of the parts were chosen for aesthetics. Initially I was uncertain about the Avexir-memory, as they have a yellow glow, but they ended up looking pretty nice to break up the blue when the computer is turned on. 

I  started cutting out windows and removing the original plastic front. I then drilled a hole for the 120 mm fan in front, and cut the honey-comb on the inside to increase the airflow. 

bilde11_zps4c038136.jpg

bilde12_zps986a964d.jpg

bilde6_zps1bc24cc9.jpg

Trying to even out the edges, and put a white layer of paint on the side panels, with a picture to compare before and after:

bilde7_zps57d3bfbb.jpg

These were the original windows I chose, but I did end up changing them for clear acrylic instead of blue acrylic

bilde8_zpscc66a4bb.jpg

In the pictures you can see how the rads fit, and where most of the general components end up. In the pictures there is a RM650 PSU, but I changed that out for a RM550 later because of the length, and there would be no reason at all for a 650 in this build. 

bilde9_zpsbb09eab3.jpg

bilde10_zpsaeebcbf4.jpg

bilde1_zps97a6f219.jpg

In the following pictures the side-panels are mostly ready, and you can see how components will show through the windows. Also, the blue fan in the front looks pretty good, and when the blue lights in the fan turns on, it will be a great effect with the blue acrylic panel being installed in front of it. 

bilde3_zpsa5af3b54.jpg

bilde2_zpsb202b64d.jpg

This is the completed interior, and keep in mind that the lower right corner will be completely hidden, so the mess of wires down there won't be seen at all. 

E7B1042B-8A3B-47C1-BAA9-82ECD59844F2_zps

This is the piece of white aluminum that I cut out in order to completely hide the wires. 

7C70C1A4-1AA2-4AFC-B317-F51429EE0F94_zps

Also wanted to show of the back of the pump where it connects to the first rad, and the intake from the GPU. It was a bit complex down there because of the placement of the intake and output, and the position of the pump, but yet kind of an elegant solution. Not that it shows up much when the side-panels are on. 

8348C0D0-6D00-4144-8DE3-D841FFAA904F_zps

The windows have now been attached to the glass, but I did realize that I made a little miscalculation when measuring, so there will have to be some holes on the right, towards the back, that will just have fake screw-tops in them, as it hits part of the case inside if the screws were full length, and it is a part of the case I don't really want to cut, as I am worried that would mess with the integrity of the case. 

bilde4_zpsd696c7ab.jpg

These are the pictures of the final result, although I will probably end up calming down the blue a bit, as the LEDs were a little brighter than I had thought. The new front is cut from an aluminum panel, and gives the case a more sleek look to it, combined with the new vandal power switch. I went with blue water, to compliment the rest of the build, and all in all, I feel that I managed to keep with my original idea. 

bilde5_zps020669b4.jpg

bilde13_zps9698a2a6.jpg

This build was a bit of a challenge to me, as it was my first ever water-cooled build, and even more so because I went with the acrylic tubing. But in the end I am really satisfied with the result, and it now stands on my desk as my little pride and joy. Also, it is great how easy it is to transport compared to my other Corsair Air 540 Cube. 

Everything looks nice, good job man :)

[spoiler= My "gaming rig" ]

• CPU: Intel i5 2500
  • Motherboard: Asrock B75M-GL R2.0
  • RAM: 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Kingston, 1x4 GB 1333 Mhz Transcend
  • GPU: MSI GTX 770 Gaming OC 2 GB
  • Case: Zalman Z3 plus white
  • Storage: WD Blue 500 GB, WD Black 1 TB
  • PSU: LC POWER 650W ATX v2.3 80+ bronze
  • Display(s): Acer V223HQ
  • Cooling: Scythe SCKTN-3000
  • Keyboard: CoolerMaster QuickFire TK MX blue
  • Mouse: Sharkoon Fireglider Laser Mouse

Hah, gotta love how everyone knows about the cleanliness of my kitchen now  :P  But thanks, was a really fun build, and really an addictive hobby, as I already am contemplating several ideas of how to make an eventual next build better. Thanks for the positive comments  :)

Nice build. :P

System 1: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus AT5IONT-I mini-ITX - Intel® Atom™ D525 onboard 1.8GHz Dual-Core HT - Integrated NVIDIA® ION™ - 2x 2GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

System 2: Thermaltake Element Q - Thermaltake 220W SFX - Asus E2KM1I-DELUXE mini-ITX - AMD E2-2000 onboard 1.75GHz Dual-Core - Integrated AMD® Radeon HD 7340 - 2x 4GB Kingston DDR3 - Samsung 120GB 840 Series - Scythe Kama Rack 3.5 - Asus DVD-RW

Building: Bitfenix Prodigy Black - Corsair AX860i - Asus Maximus VII Impact - Corsair Hydro Series H100i - Intel® Core™ i7 4790K - Asus Matrix Platinum GTX 980 4GB - Corsair 16GB Dominator Platinum 2x 8GB DDR3 2400MHz CL10 - Samsung 1TB EVO 840 Series