How to jailbreak iOS 7.1.1 devices.

There is now an English version http://9to5mac.com/2014/06/29/pangu-jailbreak-for-ios-7-1-1-updated-with-english-interface-os-x-support-and-more/

Yes, I know. Not everyone likes/uses Apple devices. But, for those who do, you may have noticed that iOS 7.1.1 was without jailbreak. But, now there is a jailbreak for it. Normally, it wouldn't require a guide since jailbreaking is incredibly simple, but this time a guide needs to be made. The tool we will be using, Pangu, is compatible with devices running iOS 7.1-7.1.1 (iPad 2, iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad Air, iPad Mini, iPad Mini Retina, iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 5th Generation) Follow closely, since the application is nearly unreadable (minus the Chinese characters here and there.) Also note that this is only compatible with Windows at the time of writing this, so no Mac OS X support or Linux support. I am not responsible if you brick your device (very difficult to do) or it turns into Bruce Lee and whips your ass. This will, of course, void your warranty.

So, without further ado, let's begin.

Step 1. This should go without question, backup your device using iTunes/iCloud. This will ensure that any data loss is not detrimental to mission critical functions. It is pretty easy to do. Open iTunes with your device plugged in and unlocked (past the passcode screen) and select the device from the upper bar. Then, click "Back Up Now" under "Manually Back Up and Restore"

8e8d00b064.png

Step 2. Now we are ready! Almost, by the way. Go to the Pangu website, located at http://pangu.io and download the version for Windows. Note again that this only works on Windows.

fbacae0d48.jpg

The download is around 75MB, so do not worry about it's sheer size.

Step 3. When the .exe is downloaded, run it. Put it on your desktop for ease of location in case you want to use the application at a later date. At this point, your device should still be plugged in. Make sure the program recognizes your device, and that there are no other iOS devices plugged in at the same time. Note: The question marks and strange characters (if they show up) are a result of your Operating System not having the proper language packs installed.

68dc32ac8a.jpg

Uncheck the check next to the text: d398372a96.png. This will ensure that no third party software is installed on your device.

Step 4. Click the black bar with question marks in it. The process will begin. From that point, the application will prompt you. You need to enter Settings>General>Date and Time, turn off Set Automatically and set the day to June 2, 2014. At this point, the application will continue and after the progress bar reaches around halfway, the iOS device in question will have a Pangu application on it. Tap the app, tap Continue and do not turn off or unplug the device.

Step 5. As the progress bar completes, the device will restart twice. You may have to unlock your device to get it to restart again. At the second restart, Cydia should appear on the device.

I learned the preceding information from the following video, and have posted this to get the word out that iOS 7.1-7.1.1 users can jailbreak once again.

There is now an English version http://9to5mac.com/2014/06/29/pangu-jailbreak-for-ios-7-1-1-updated-with-english-interface-os-x-support-and-more/

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

what if im already jailbroken on 7.0.6? Will I have to remove the jailbreak and then re-jailbreak it? 

what if im already jailbroken on 7.0.6? Will I have to remove the jailbreak and then re-jailbreak it? 

Read the patch notes for the updates between your version and current, and see if it's worth updating your OS at all.

Read the patch notes for the updates between your version and current, and see if it's worth updating your OS at all.

I already know the differences, but I would like to know

I already know the differences, but I would like to know

updating iOS software will remove your jailbreak and you will have to do it again on the new version AFAIK that's why there is a new jailbreak for each version and people wait for it before updating iOS.

Nice tutorial, David.

Thanks. :D

Lol, forgot to remove my name. At least all of the other important stuff is gone.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Thank you so much, been waiting for this

I say this because, I had a very bad Gypsie attack...they stole my wife, plow... and they touch my horse in a very bad way... he got very depressed.

• 1 month later...

redsn0w is alot better. But haven't heard much from it in terms of jailbreaky things.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I believe iOS 7.1 (though the latest is 7.1.2), included the Hearbleed patch. Probably a good idea to update!

I believe iOS 7.1 (though the latest is 7.1.2), included the Hearbleed patch. Probably a good idea to update!

SSLPatch by Ryan Petrich fixes this bug on firmware prior to iOS 7.0.6, 7.0.6 has the SSLPatch built in, so no need for the package after 7.0.6.

BUT, AttachmentEncryptor from Ryan Petrich fixes the unencrypted attachment bug that was fixed in 7.1.2.

Lots of options for those who are already jailbroken. If you can avoid 7.1.2 and the pangu jailbreak, then do so.

• 2 weeks later...