How do i connect Xbox one to PC monitor (No HDMI IN port) with audio?

Donimater2

My monitor supports, DVI-D and Display Port.

It does not support HDMI so i need something that either splits the HDMI signal into DVI-D and Audio or a HDMI to display port cable that carries audio.

Any ideas?

I live in UK so any links would be appreciated.

THanks

My monitor supports, DVI-D and Display Port.

It does not support HDMI so i need something that either splits the HDMI signal into DVI-D and Audio or a HDMI to display port cable that carries audio.

Any ideas?

I live in UK so any links would be appreciated.

THanks

What's wrong with an HDMI to Display port connection?

Display port carries audio as well. 

Edit : You need something like this: http://www.cablechick.com.au/cables/displayport-male-to-hdmi-female-adaptor.html

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

PC: Corsair C70 Arctic, FX 9370, Corsair H80i, Gigabyte 990fxa-ud3, Corsair Vengence 16gb, Palit JetStream GTX 970, OCZ Vertex 4 128gb and Western Digital Blue 1Tb + 500gb, Antec Gamer 520w

Peripherals: Logitech G19 and SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Toshiba L50-A: i7 4700mq, 8gb, 1TB HDD, GT 740M 2gb

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

What's wrong with an HDMI to Display port connection?

Display port carries audio as well. 

I can't find a adapter that says that it will convert HDMI to DP i can only find those that say DP to HDMI and i am guessing it won't work the other way around.

I can't find a adapter that says that it will convert HDMI to DP i can only find those that say DP to HDMI and i am guessing it won't work the other way around.

Where are you located?

Still no audio though...

Use a headset. 

I would have nothing to plug the headset into, i need the HDMI > Audio OUT + DVI-D so that i can still use my speakers with a AUX cable

Don't think so,

That 3.5MM is probably a passthrough, nothing more.

I still recommend a DP to HDMI adapter. 

This helps, to an extent.

My monitor does not have AUDIO OUT only IN and so i would be using those shitty PC speakers.

Is their a way to plug my XBOX into the PC and the PC acts like a passthrough?

I'm starting to think it may be impossible unless i use the monitor speakers.

This helps, to an extent.

My monitor does not have AUDIO OUT only IN and so i would be using those shitty PC speakers.

Is their a way to plug my XBOX into the PC and the PC acts like a passthrough?

What speakers do you have?

What speakers do you have?

Trust Tytan 2,1, i have found somewhere that do HDMI to VGA with audio, how much better is dVI than VgA?

Don't use VGA... best way you'd use your speakers with that thing:

HDMI->HDMI Splitter |→(HDMI to VGA+Audio Jack thing)->Audio jack->Speakers

∟→HDMI to DVI -> monitor

But those converters are extremely expensive (£50), im thinking about the SPDIF port on the back, would this cable convert the signal so that it could be used for my speakers? http://www.amazon.co.uk/TOSlink-Digital-Toslink-Optical-electrosmart%C2%AE/dp/B008N15ON6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403438227&sr=8-1&keywords=spdif+to+3.5mm+jack

Did you ever read what I wrote :P?:

HDMI->HDMI Splitter |→(HDMI to VGA+Audio Jack thing)->Audio jack->Speakers

∟→HDMI to DVI -> monitor

Ohhhh i understand now :)