How to saves electricity on the computer using Windows 8.1

Hello guys!
I have a problem with save on electricity. The advance in the cost of living was not followed by higher wages, included electric. I never have enough money to pay my bills every month. I'm always in the red.

I'm using Windows 8.1. I'll want a software saves electricity on computer. Please help me.

Thanks a lot.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k | Mootherboard: Asus Z77 | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX760 2GB | RAM: 8GBPSU: Color 1000W | STORAGE: 2TB | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24-Inch

Operating System: Windows 8.1 Professional 64-bit |

-snip-

Energy saving features are implemented through the motherboard ~ what motherboard are you using? Do you keep your PC always on? Do you leave it on while you are away?

try running games at low or mid

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H-BK RAM: Kingston Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB) SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB HHD Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB GPU Asus GeForce GTX 770 2GB CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 PSU: Corsair RM 550W OS: Windows 8.1 Wireless network: Asus pce-n53 (Broken)

Energy saving features are implemented through the motherboard ~ what motherboard are you using? Do you keep your PC always on? Do you leave it on while you are away?

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. CPU Intel i5, Mootherboard Asus Maximus VII Pro, GPU Asus GeForce GTX760, PSU Color 1000W.

Jobs: Corel Draw X6, Adobe Affe..CS6 and more.

Gaming: Battlefield 4, DCS Black Shark 2...

SoundMax 5.1.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k | Mootherboard: Asus Z77 | GPU: Asus GeForce GTX760 2GB | RAM: 8GBPSU: Color 1000W | STORAGE: 2TB | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24-Inch

You would probably save more money by selling your 1KW PSU and buying something smaller than you ever would using power saving features on your PC.

I'm using Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit. CPU Intel i5, Mootherboard Asus Maximus VII Pro, GPU Asus GeForce GTX760, PSU Color 1000W.

SoundMax 5.1.

Get a smaller more efficient PSU, enable power saving mode and C state in BIOS. Do you use CPU or GPU based render? You maybe be able to lower the total power consumption by setting up CPU in C state while only your GPU works on rendering. Usually PC does not take a lot of energy to run unless you are packing Radeon Cards and AMD CPU which you aren't. You might want to look into your other electrical appliances to save money on electricity bills.

Bear in mind that enabling power saving features might reduce performance and it will adversely affect Overclocking.

SoundMax 5.1.

Sell the PSU and get a 80 Plus Gold rated 550-600 watt PSU from a trusted brand.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

You would probably save more money by selling your 1KW PSU and buying something smaller than you ever would using power saving features on your PC.

Yes, It's good idea.

Sell the PSU and get a 80 Plus Gold rated 550-600 watt PSU from a trusted brand.

I think so, thanks.

Put the computer to  sleep or shutdown when not in use,because windows 8 boots up prety fast than other os,

buy a Good PSU but buy it from trusted brand coz it will cook everything including your motherboard if its busted.

IF building a power efficient pc go for intel 4th gen processor they save more power.hope this helps