Heaven Society Week 8 Poll (Anime Club)

Fred Castellum

vfAXr6z.png

Hello everyone, it's time for us to pick which anime we'd like to watch for Week 8!

Polls will be up for 24 hours, so you've got plenty of time to decide.

Below is a list of each anime, a synopsis, and an image.

If you're interested in becoming a part of the club, please click here for more information.

Each week we pick 3-4 anime that members of the club inbox me with, and the founders choose one.

Of hose four we select one based on a poll and then we proceed to watch and discuss it.

Roll Over Pick

Shiki

21343l.jpg

When citizens of a secluded village begin dying off in alarming numbers, the sole hospital's head doctor tries desperately to save his patients—but his efforts are in vain. Entire families are wiped out while others desert their homes. All hell breaks loose as the villagers discover their loved ones' corpses are rising from the grave with an insatiable thirst for human blood. Who is safe when the urge to kill in order to survive blurs the line between man and monster?

Admin Pick

Cowboy Bebop

19644l.jpg

Enter a world in the distant future, where Bounty Hunters roam the solar system. Spike and Jet, bounty hunting partners, set out on journeys in an ever struggling effort to win bounty rewards to survive.

While traveling, they meet up with other very interesting people. Could Faye, the beautiful and ridiculously poor gambler, Edward, the computer genius, and Ein, the engineered dog be a good addition to the group?

Suggestion 1

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

50857l.jpg

In the not so distant future, mankind has advanced to a state where complete body transplants from flesh to machine is possible. This allows for great increases in both physical and cybernetic prowess and blurring the lines between the two worlds. However, criminals can also make full use of such technology, leading to new and sometimes, very dangerous crimes. In response to such innovative new methods, the Japanese Government has established Section 9, an independently operating police unit which deals with such highly sensitive crimes.

Led by Daisuke Aramaki and Motoko Kusanagi, Section 9 deals with such crimes over the entire social spectrum, usually with success. However, when faced with a new A level hacker nicknamed "The Laughing Man," the team is thrown into a dangerous cat and mouse game, following the hacker's trail as it leaves its mark on Japan.

Suggestion 2

Di Gi Charat: Winter Garden

1718.jpg

This is sweet and bitter love story of Dejiko who is a grown up. The story begins on the Christmas day. Dejiko or Di Gi Carat is working part-time at a bakery shop. On her way from the shop, she happens to meet a young guy, Senba Taokuo at a park. Then, she meets him again in a town. While Dejiko begins to care for Tako and she’s looking forward meet him again, Takuo drops in at her shop.... Whether will she succeed in love?

Suggestion 3

.Hack//Sign

15142l.jpg

A young wavemaster, only known by the alias of Tsukasa, wakes up in an MMORPG called The World, with slight amnesia. He does not know what he has previously done before he woke up. In The World, he is suspected to be a hacker of the Crimson Knights, as he was seen accompanying a tweaked character in the form of a cat. Unable to log out from the game, he wanders around looking for answers, avoiding the knights and other players he meets along the way.

As Tsukasa explores The World, he stumbles upon a magical item that takes the form of a "guardian," which promises him protection from all harm. Subaru, the leader of the Crimson Knights, along with several other players who became acquainted with Tsukasa, set out to investigate why Tsukasa is unable to log out, and attempt to get to the bottom of the problem before it gets out of hand.

Member Tags

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

*looks at shelfs with anime collection* so umm some of these better carry over cause this isn't fair.

Voted for Cowboy Behop, seems interesting.

Na not at all. :P

I'll have to dig up my BDs of Bebop to rewatch if that's what wins. My GITS ones are all ready and waiting. After watching the fist episode of Arise I was thinking of rewatching GITS SAC.

*looks at shelfs with anime collection* so umm some of these better carry over cause this isn't fair.

in the past a I have notice a few listed in multiple weeks 

@MyInnerFred which GITS is that? The description and image are for the first movie but wouldn't the series Stand Alone Complex series make more sense? Or at least do both movies.

Keep the voting going! I'll be heading to sleep shortly... have work tomorrow.

tumblr_n6pjtbaIRz1rjsl9ao1_500.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Shiki's in it again? Maybe it will win this time (:

Aren't there several versions of Ghost in a Shell? 

Keep the voting going! I'll be heading to sleep shortly... have work tomorrow.

tumblr_n6pjtbaIRz1rjsl9ao1_500.gif

Same, stupid work impeading on my Anime fun. *poughts*

Na not at all. :P

I'll have to dig up my BDs of Bebop to rewatch if that's what wins. My GITS ones are all ready and waiting. After watching the fist episode of Arise I was thinking of rewatching GITS SAC.

hmmm i seem to have cowboy bebop and ghost in the shell ready from old burned copies... i just went to test one of them and seems i have no way of playing dvds installed on my computer lol

Shiki's in it again? Maybe it will win this time (:

Aren't there several versions of Ghost in a Shell?

2 movies, 2 series and 1 movie for the series. Also two OAV's for the series as well that cut it down to a couple of hours each. There is also the new OVA movies series I was talking about.

hmmm i seem to have cowboy bebop and ghost in the shell ready from old burned copies... i just went to test one of them and seems i have no way of playing dvds installed on my computer lol

I can solve that ;) pm me and I'll reply in the morrow.

I can solve that ;) pm me and I'll reply in the morrow.

I just went with vlc. Seems since for gits its dvd rips of Stand Alone Complex i can pick the Japanese audio with English subs but i have only ever seen the dub of gits and cowboy bebop I'm not sure i would want to watch it subed

I also hope we if we watch ghost in the shell that it is stand alone complex

Well i was streaming even back then! 

come on give me a break i was torrenting on a laptop back then I wasn't burning them to watch then i was burning them so i could delete them lol

To be perfectly honest. I tried to watch Cowboy Bebop after about 50 other anime series, hearing good things about it, but it was the first one that i just got bored of after the first episode. I would say it's the cowboy western style, but I did watch firefly and found that to be really interesting, so i'm not sure what it was :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

To be perfectly honest. I tried to watch Cowboy Bebop after about 50 other anime series, hearing good things about it, but it was the first one that i just got bored of after the first episode. I would say it's the cowboy western style, but I did watch firefly and found that to be really interesting, so i'm not sure what it was :P

Try Trigun, it also have that "cowboy" touch to it. if that one fails a well then i dunno whats up :/

I just went with vlc. Seems since for gits its dvd rips of Stand Alone Complex i can pick the Japanese audio with English subs but i have only ever seen the dub of gits and cowboy bebop I'm not sure i would want to watch it subed

I also hope we if we watch ghost in the shell that it is stand alone complex

Just watch them both dubbed as they are done well.

P.S. VLC SUCKS! :P:D

i burned these over 6 years ago

Whooo I mean that is what many people did back then.

can't find anywhere to watch cowboy behop, grrr so annoying

I've told people before that I would help them find just about anything. All you need to do is contact me directly.

Well i was streaming even back then!

Full DVDs?

Watch more? Usually watch at least 3-5 episodes of a anime before giving up as they need time to introduce ll the chapters and show you the general style.