why do people bash the amd fx 8350

Hey all, I got the Amd fx 8350 for my first gaming rig and everywhere people say it's terrible for gaming you have to lower settings to medium because of the cpu bottleneck well I been playing skyrim, far cry 3 etc and it performs beautifully so why bash it?

Hey all, I got the Amd fx 8350 for my first gaming rig and everywhere people say it's terrible for gaming you have to lower settings to medium because of the cpu bottleneck well I been playing skyrim, far cry 3 etc and it performs beautifully so why bash it?

NO one does.

My fx-6300 is great too.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

It performs fine, it's just that Intel is better. :)

It's decent, just not the best. You do get about 10 more fps with a 4770k in most games though.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

So would I, I seen people say on skyrim it lags etc but I get 40fps on average And roughly 97% gpu usage it's brilliant my previous processor was a Amd Athlon so it's a huge jump and it was a horrible Athlon haha

i know i don't it's great for gaming, the 8Core 8350 is awesome, very affordable, delivers great performance and Temps, if you say for Video editing or something like that maybe, but for gming, Where did you hear that !!

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

People might bash it on Facebook, but not on here, it's a good CPU for the money. 

any one who uses FB to get Tech tips or trash some product, is trash him self 

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

It was when I posted on a forum about a year ago what processor to go for, someone mentioned this one and all of a sudden people where saying how Amd sucks and Intel is way better and don't touch the Amd, I know Intel is "better" in terms of raw performance but is it worth the premium you pay for, sorry it's just a post to let of a little steam

It's a great cpu for the money as everyone's said. I don't know about those temps (depends on the cooler) but performance is pretty darn good. I don't have too much to compare it to from experience but I'm happy with mine for sure.

Cpu: 8350 @ 4.0Ghz / Mobo: Asus M5a99FX Pro R2.0 / RAM: 16GB HyperX Blu / GPU: GTX 780 DCII OC / CASE: NZXT Tempest 410 / SSDs: 120GB Samsung 840 / 240GB Samsung 840 Evo HDDs: 3TB WD Green / 320GB Seagate Momentus / PSU: Corsair TX650W / Display: Dell 1080p / Sound: Audigy 2 zs

So would I, I seen people say on skyrim it lags etc but I get 40fps on average And roughly 97% gpu usage it's brilliant my previous processor was a Amd Athlon so it's a huge jump and it was a horrible Athlon haha

you have one and you see with your own eyes that it is no slag, so why listen to them, Plus, and i know this might seem a bit LTT loyalty (kindda cause it is), if you heard  it any where but from Here on LTT, it's total Nonsense BS 

I got to admit the help I received from LTT is brilliant thanks everyone haha was gonna overclock but well, gonna let myself learn the basics of this world first :)

We don't.... We just tend to say that the 8320 is a better deal since it's cheaper, and the 8350 is basically just a factory overclocked 8320.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

I don't know what GPU do you have, but if you have like a GTX780, just from pairing that with a 4770K you will get around 15FPS more in Skyrim, because that game is very CPU dependent and favors higher performance per clock. Most of the online games are created this way. For most games, however, it doesn't really matter, because they are graphics card dependent. This makes the 8320/50 a very good value processor. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

It's decent, just not the best. You do get about 10 more fps with a 4770k in most games though.

i5's perform about the same as those in games.

I have the Amd r9 280x vapor x but I came from console and was thinking oh pc is not worth the trouble console ftw etc now I made the switch I couldn't go back the keyboard is so Much better for some games and the flexibility to go back to a controller and the graphics... Sorry just having a deep moment there

Also what do you think the future is for the Amd chip, because in newer games I notice the gap between Intel clossing dramatically

No one round here bashes it.  IMO, it is general consensus of the tech community that the FX 8350 is a great CPU for the money.  Yes, its power consumption is high and it can run hot, but dat price.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

i5's perform about the same as those in games.

By 'those' i take it you mean the 4770k right?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I got a 8120! performs well, im just going to z97 as ill get better performance or game dev'ing!

Mos games aren't too CPU intensive. Most games there will be very little difference between yours and a high end intel. Games like BF4 you might notice an increase in performance with an intel high end, but the majority of the games out there won't utilise your CPU fully.

any one who uses FB to get Tech tips or trash some product, is trash him self 

I actually help the people on the NCIX facebook page...sooo

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

8350 user here. For some of the games I play which are not multithreading friendly (Hawken, Mechwarrior Online, Minecraft) I am forced to run at a lower settings than what my gpu can achieve (290X). It's a decent chip and a great value for people who uses multithreading friendly softwares but for the average gamer the single thread performance of the 8350 is terrible. It's rare to find games where 8350 matches it's intel equivelant... Most often it trails behind it's equivalent or get harrased by i3... 

TL;DR: Single threaded performance which majority of the games still depend on sucks therefore the 8350 is bashed

I actually help the people on the NCIX facebook page...sooo

i'm talking about the general amount of help Given/asked for compared to, well, L.T.T