A Lian Li case turned into a fish tank side panel...

1823alex

So I went to a flea market today and saw something very very saddening, there's this guy that has a bunch of pc parts and games for console etc. He had a couple of towers stacked on top of each other one of which was an older Lian Li, (nice case expensive) I saw the side panel had been turned into a flipping aquarium almost like little plants at bottom and the side panel stuck out it was sad to see that but then I looked at the top of the cases to reveal a horrible cutting job for a fan mount (super jaggy he probably gave up on it since there was no fan or screw holes there). I wish I got a pic but I mean wow. It was one of Lian Li's really cool cases too. What do you think of this? I think it's like pc case abuse. It was just sad to see a $150+ case be hacked up for no good reason.

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

So I went to a flea market today and saw something very very saddening, there's this guy that has a bunch of pc parts and games for console etc. He had a couple of towers stacked on top of each other one of which was an older Lian Li, (nice case expensive) I saw the side panel had been turned into a flipping aquarium almost like little plants at bottom and the side panel stuck out it was sad to see that but then I looked at the top of the cases to reveal a horrible cutting job for a fan mount (super jaggy he probably gave up on it since there was no fan or screw holes there). I wish I got a pic but I mean wow. It was one of Lian Li's really cool cases too. What do you think of this? I think it's like pc case abuse. It was just sad to see a $150+ case be hacked up for no good reason.

Wait were there like fish swimming around?

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

If you get sad seeing PC parts being used in creative ways or destroyed you really need to re-evaluate your life. It is the owner's decision to do whatever they want with their tech.

Wait were there like fish swimming around?

No, just the side panel was fitted with a crappy window then they painted the bottom bit to look like the floor of an Aquarium. (There was a bit of extra glue around edges it looked horrible like and amateur did it.)

Gaming Rig - Excalibur - CPU: i5 6600k @ 4.1GHz, CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo, Mobo: MSI Gaming M3 RAM: 16GB Corsair @2400MHz, GPU: EVGA 1060, Case: NZXT Phantom Full Tower (Red)

My Virtualization Server - Dell R710: 2x X5570s @ 2.93GHz with 32GB DDR3 RAM [Web Server, OSX, Plex, Reverse Proxy]

I love computers, gaming, coding, and photography! Be sure to quote me so I can respond to your post!

If you get sad seeing PC parts being used in creative ways or destroyed you really need to re-evaluate your life. It is the owner's decision to do whatever they want with their tech.

Not that I get sad I just feel it's a waste of a good case. If your gonna do that to a Lian Li at least practice on an old crappy case or something equivelant. In my opinion it's a waste of a perfectly good case that could've been used for a new build.

No, just the side panel was fitted with a crappy window then they painted the bottom bit to look like the floor of an Aquarium. (There was a bit of extra glue around edges it looked horrible like and amateur did it.)

ah.

Yeah, i have a wii MB on my wall and a WII case used as a bank (insert money into disk drive)

I took apart an old laptop (diddny work), played baseball with an ipod touch (diddnyt work), and more stuff.

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."