The dreaded "Which headphones should I get?" Topic....#9001

SwiperT3HF0X

Alright guys, I'm going to start off by saying what I want in headphones, and ones I'm currently considering. If you have any feedback on what I should get please tell me!

First things first, I listen to pretty much everything. I am a basshead, however I want the heavy bass kicks to be felt and heard with a good punch without drowning out the mid and treble's. I want to get some over ear headphones that I can listen to for hours without having any discomfort. My price range is top'd out at $150 and what I am currently looking at are as follows:

Audio-Technica ATH-M50

and the

Sony Pulse Elite

I will be using them mostly sitting at a desk at work or doing homework in starbucks on my macbook so I want something REALLY flashy(Complete sarcasam, I hate hipsters as much as Eric Cartman hates hippies.) In all honesty though I will be doing homework and using them at work so noise cancellation is a must. Also, I don't have an exact preferance on the looks.

Thanks before-hand guys!

Edit:
Alright with all of this in mind. I feel that the Audio Techna's are a well rounded product. Can someone give me a final opinion between the ATH-WS77 and the ATH-M50?

Shure 440 with 840 pads or DT770 if you can find them in your price range. The M50 is not as good in noise isolation since it is practically an on ear headphone because of the small cups. 

Logitech UE6000s are really nice--I ended up opting for them rather than ATH-m50s, and they have noise cancellation, although its not amazing... But they sound great, and they can be had for $90

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Shure 440 with 840 pads or DT770 if you can find them in your price range. 

What about your COP in the classifides?

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=477

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=824

http://headphones.com.au/psingle?productID=826

something portable might be nice, the m50's may be a bit big for out of home use imo.

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

Spend $50 more and get a pair of Bose QC15's. I have a pair. Over two years with them, they have held up, kept their noise cancellation, and are still very comfortable with superb audio quality.

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Bose QC15's..... with superb audio quality.

You've clearly never tried a decent pair of headphones. 

The only thing bose has going for them is noise cancellation, the audio quality otherwise is all sub-par. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

You've clearly never tried a decent pair of headphones. 

The only thing bose has going for them is noise cancellation, the audio quality otherwise is all sub-par. 

These are decent...they beat a lot of other headphones. They are pretty good for the price I paid. I do sometimes sit and wish I had a pair of Bowers and Wilkins P7's.

Now, you know what you can expect from these barbarians. They are a race of rabid BASTARDS that will fight us tooth and nail! But they don't know what they're up against. Cyrodiil, is CIVILIZATION! Cyrodiil, is ORDER! Cyrodiil is POWER! And out here, WE. ARE. CYRODIIL. 

Alright with all of this in mind. I feel that the Audio Techna's are a well rounded product. Can someone give me a final opinion between the ATH-WS77 and the ATH-M50?

You just got a bunch of opinions. Time to pick your poison.

lol COP costs $300 in Australia, they can be pretty good if you can get it for $150US

Intel Core i7 930 // GIGABYTE X58-UD7 rev1 // Corsair Dominator 3x4GB // GPU MSI 7870 // Fractal Design R4 // 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro 1TB Samsung SpinPoint 3TB Seagate Barracuda  // Corsair 1000W // Dell 2713H // Vortex Poker II Ducky DK9008 // Logitech G400s // SteelSeries Qck+ DotA 2 Edition // Swan D1080-IV Audioengine A5+ Audioengine S8 // ASUS Xonar Essence STX - Albums http://imgur.com/a/wkJSM#2 // http://imgur.com/a/V2idF#0

i have the senn's hd380 pro, they have a very controlled bass for the price, stomping the ath-m50 ( i have it too)
but if you want a little kick in high pitch noise (female voice), try the beyerdynamic dt770

When 2 things meet each other, Quantum stuff happens.

Get planars. T50RP is sub $150, or save more to get better planars, such as the HE400. They're well worth it....

Stock T50RP's sound like garbage.