Can I use my current PSU?

Mumbles
Go to solution Solved by WoodenMarker,

Corsair CX500M

That'll be fine for the system.

Hello, i was wondering if i can use my current PSU in my system with the new GPU i am getting.

Curent PSU: 500W

CPU: AMD FX-6300

Motherboard: MSI 970-G46 AM3+

Disk Drive: 1 Asus DVD+RW

Hard Drive: 1 HDD 7200RPM 1TB

RAM: 8GB

Current GPU: GTX 660

Future GPU: GTX 770

Thanks.

You're going to have to name the model of the psu. Not all 500w psus are created equal. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

I've seen people on PCPartPicker run a 770 on 450w, but they were from reputable companies and trusted OEMs.

Build: CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k | CPU Cooler: Hyper 212 Evo | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 8GB G-Skill Ares 1600Mhz CL9 | Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + WD Blue 1TB 64MB Cache + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 64MB Cache | GPU: MSI GTX 960 | Case: Cooler Master Storm Enforcer | Power Supply: EVGA 600B Non-Modular | 

Not all 500w psus are created equal. 

I like the way you phrased that.

Yes it should be fine. It's a budget unit, but at least it can supply it's rated Wattage.

Corsair CX500M

That'll be fine for the system.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thank you very much, you just saved me on spending a bunch of money i didnt need to spend.