GTA V officially announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC at E3

Askew

How long do you guys think it will take for mods like Icenhancer to come out?

"Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something."

Also needs a new profile picture..

Finally. Thanks Rockstar. Better now than never, I guess.

Now lets see if this ends up like GTA IV. Don't hire amuture coders to port the game Rockstar.

Huge GTA fan. The wait for this port has been killing me, but now I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Hoping there is a huge success with the PC sales and Rockstar starts treating us better :)

Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8ghz, NZXT Kraken X61, ASUS Z170 Maximus VIII Hero, (2x8GB) Kingston DDR4 2400, 2x Sapphire Nitro Fury OC+, Thermaltake 1050W

All in a Semi Truck!:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/519811-semi-truck-gaming-pc/#entry6905347

More Details !!!

What's getting updated in this version:
"Grand Theft Auto V will take full advantage of the power of the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC with across-the-board graphical and technical improvements to deliver a stunning new level of detail. Increased draw distances, finer texture details, denser traffic, and enhanced resolutions all work together to bring new life to the cities, towns, deserts and oceans of Rockstar North’s epic reimagining of Southern California. 

Switch between the interconnected lives of Michael, Trevor and Franklin as they embark on a series of heists across Los Santos and Blaine County in the biggest, deepest and richest open world experience yet, with game world enhancements that include new wildlife, upgraded weather and damage effects, and an array of new details to discover."

PC will also get an exclusive video editing feature:
"Grand Theft Auto V for PC will also feature a video editor designed for advanced movie-making."

You will also be able to transfer your Ps3/Xbox360 GTA Online progress over to PC!
"In addition, the current community of players will have the ability to transfer their Grand Theft Auto Online characters and progression to their choice of PlayStation 4, Xbox One or PC."

Source:
http://www.rockstarg.../article/52261/

RTX2070OC 

IMO you can see it 2 ways.

1- They took to much time and the hype is very low.

2- They took their time to maybe do a decent job and make it look good on PC and the new consoles instead of rusher a shit port?

I am willing to believe the second point for now ... but I won't preorder in case its not the case.

At first, I was like:

Michael-Scott-Excited-About-The-Happenin

... then, like...

XFeLwWU.gif

... now, I'm like...

tumblr_inline_mksnqiv64z1qz4rgp.gif

Oh, and remember...

tumblr_inline_mksnpz0lfp1qz4rgp.gif

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

Meh, too late. I lost interest after the first month and being exposed to crappy console screenshots.

If we all boycott the PC version Rockstar will be all like "well turns out we can't make that much money from the PC version, so fuck it. We'll put off the PC version or maybe not even make one since it's not that profitable while console plebs are".

If we all rush out to buy the PC version Rockstar will be all like "well turns out PC gamers are fools and don't care when we release the PC version, they'll still buy it. First lets focus on the console plebs who give us billions, and then release the PC version when we have spare time, since they'll still buy it anyway. No rush."

If we all boycott the PC version Rockstar will be all like "well turns out we can't make that much money from the PC version, so fuck it. We'll put off the PC version or maybe not even make one since it's not that profitable while console plebs are".

If we all rush out to buy the PC version Rockstar will be all like "well turns out PC gamers are fools and don't care when we release the PC version, they'll still buy it. First lets focus on the console plebs who give us billions, and then release the PC version when we have spare time, since they'll still buy it anyway. No rush."

The second half of your comment is rather dubious, at best.  Rockstar isn't that cynical and if demand is considerably higher than what they expected maybe they will include the PC version during initial launch of future titles, rather than being THAT complacent.

AMD FX-6300 @ 4.5ghz (1.332v) | Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Asus M5A97 R2.0 | Kingston HyperX 16GB @ 1600mhz | MSI Radeon R9 290 Twin Frozr

OCZ ModXStream Pro 600w PSU | 256GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 | Zalman Z11 Plus

You lost interest in a game due to one developed by someone else?

Yes, sadly.  I would like to think otherwise but really I've lost all hope in all games.  But its not only watchdogs, several other games have been doing that.  Releasing and then being not what we expected according to their information.  

I've played GTA V on my friend's console anyways, I know its probably going to get me killed one day but.  I'm not a huge fan of GTA.   :/

YES! Finally coming to PC! If only I knew ahead of time and saved my money instead of buying watch dogs, lol.

you can't really compare Watch Dogs and GTA V. Watch Dogs is a $30 Game at best! Its all about the technology and hardly the gameplay. And don't even get me started on the "multiplayer".  I feel bad for all the people that spent more on it ^^

5.1GHz 4770k

My Specs

Intel i7-4770K @ 4.7GHz | Corsair H105 w/ SP120 | Asus Gene VI | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x GTX 780Ti| Corsair 750D | OCZ Agility 3 | Samsung 840/850 | Sandisk SSD | 3TB WD RED | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM850 | ASUS PB278Q | SyncMaster 2370HD | SyncMaster P2450

Guys, we have to thank the consolefags for beta testing for us.

CPU: Intel i5 4570 | Cooler: Cooler Master TPC 812 | Motherboard: ASUS H87M-PRO | RAM: G.Skill 16GB (4x4GB) @ 1600MHZ | Storage: OCZ ARC 100 480GB, WD Caviar Black 2TB, Caviar Blue 1TB | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 | ODD: ASUS BC-12D2HT BR Reader | PSU: Cooler Master V650 | Display: LG IPS234 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Logitech G602 | Audio: Logitech Z506 & Audio Technica M50X | My machine: https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/b/JoJ

you can't really compare Watch Dogs and GTA V. Watch Dogs is a $30 Game at best! Its all about the technology and hardly the gameplay. And don't even get me started on the "multiplayer".  I feel bad for all the people that spent more on it ^^

Um, I wasn't comparing the two. I clearly stated that if I knew GTA V was going to come to the PC (finally), I wouldn't have bought Watch Dogs. Not sure what made you say what you said here...

Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3 | CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC'd @ 4.5ghz | GPU: MSI N680GTX Twin Frozr 2GD5/OC | RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) | SDD: 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | HDD: 3 Western Digital 1TB  Hard Drives | PSU:Corsair Professional AX750 ATX12V & EPS12V Power Supply | Case: Corsair Carbide Series 300R Black Mid-Tower

I really hope that rockstar were doing what is only logical - releasing the game as soon as they possibly could without major flaws (ps3, xbox 360 etc) and then finalising and optimizing it for PC and current-gen consoles. I just hope it actually is optimized tho, every time I go and watch my brother play the game on his PS3 I absolutely cringe at the framerate.

This is what I think of Pre-Ordering video games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wp98SH3vW2Y

Hilarious how much rage is contained in this thread :P If you want to play the game, buy it, if not, don't. Simples :)

all the "I've lost interest" posts crack my up...  if you really lost interest, why are you reading this thread?  even more, why are you wasting your time posting about it?  

I'm willing to bet every person that posted anything about losing interest will buy the game

HP something | 5600X | Corsair  16GB | Zotac ArcticStorm GTX 1080 Ti | Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | OCZ Agility 3 480GB | ADATA SP550 960 GB

Corsair AX860i | CaseLabs SM8 | EK Supremacy | UT60 420 | ST30 360 | ST30 240

Gentle Typhoon's and Noctua's and Noiseblocker eLoop's

all the "I've lost interest" posts crack my up... if you really lost interest, why are you reading this thread? even more, why are you wasting your time posting about it?

I'm willing to bet every person that posted anything about losing interest will buy the game

Yeah "I've lost interest" but a thread about it pops up about it 7 months after release let me get right in there! :)

all the "I've lost interest" posts crack my up...  if you really lost interest, why are you reading this thread?  even more, why are you wasting your time posting about it?  

I'll bet quite a few of them get it on Pirate Bay's discount plan. ;)

I'll bet quite a few of them get it on Pirate Bay's discount plan. ;)

Those people are the reason why we didn't get in on day one in the first place.

If Rockstar thinks they can make huge profit on PC than they will put more effort in to the PC version and release it as early as possible.

Good example for this is Battlefield which always gets most effort on the PC version because that version has the most players.

RTX2070OC 

If Rockstar thinks they can make huge profit on PC than they will put more effort in to the PC version and release it as early as possible.

Good example for this is Battlefield which always gets most effort on the PC version because that version has the most players.

i agree with u piracy is ruining pc gaming big time.

There is a flaw with your statement. Why didn't they release the game for PS4/Xbone on day one then?

Also, don't forget that GTA V was being pirated by Xbox 360 and PS3 users like there was no tomorrow.

PC users didn't get it day one because Rockstar is lazy, not because of piracy.

There is a flaw with your statement. Why didn't they release the game for PS4/Xbone on day one then?

Also, don't forget that GTA V was being pirated by Xbox 360 and PS3 users like there was no tomorrow.

PC users didn't get it day one because Rockstar is lazy, not because of piracy.

The Ps4/XboxOne weren't out to that time and the user base was way to small on release for any profit.(Not to forget the 20 other games that came out to that time)

With luck they would've maybe sold 500.000 copies of the game on next gen consoles.

Now the user base is way bigger so it makes sense to release it now.

It's not just about piracy but lack of game sales in general on PC.

And most PC players don't buy on day one and either wait for Steam Sales or buy from keystores cheap.

That may be good for us players but it's bad for the platform as a hole.

RTX2070OC 

The Ps4/XboxOne weren't out to that time and the user base was way to small on release for any profit.(Not to forget the 20 other games that came out to that time)

With luck they would've maybe sold 500.000 copies of the game on next gen consoles.

Now the user base is way bigger so it makes sense to release it now.

It's not just about piracy but lack of game sales in general on PC.

And most PC players don't buy on day one and either wait for Steam Sales or buy from keystores cheap.

That may be good for us players but it's bad for the platform as a hole.

I would also add that the release of this game on PS4/Xbone is probably going to increase the userbase, it's an explosively popular title and I think it will push some people holding off into buying a new console.