GTA V officially announced for PS4, Xbox One and PC at E3

Askew

Watchdogs has just completely gone beyond the line for me. I'm no longer exited for GTA V, my expectations are it to be over-hyped and once its released its going to be un-playable and look like gary's mod and run like crysis 3 at 4k.  

You lost interest in a game due to one developed by someone else?

I was very skeptical, but SO glad to see it here. Seriously, can't wait for the FRLCPD and photoreal mods. 

Of course it will come to PC. They are developing for two x86 "consoles" they won't waste what they have. It will probably come out last though, knowing how much Rockstar cares about PC gaming. I don't care because there is no way I'm buying this game at full price anyways. I'll wait a sale.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Hopefully my character is transferable from my Xbox 360 to my Xbox One or PC.

"You Can't Buy Happiness, But You Can Buy Horsepower, And That's Kind of The Same Thing."

So the game comes to new consoles after a year of milking the old consoles. Sorry Rockstar, I'll pick it up from the Bargain Bin some time next year for 10 Euro. You took too long.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

It was a masterpiece on the old consoles and it will be a master piece for the PC. Finally I can play it online without paying a monthly fee.

144Hz goodness

So the game comes to new consoles after a year of milking the old consoles. Sorry Rockstar, I'll pick it up from the Bargain Bin some time next year for 10 Euro. You took too long.

Why would you not launch on the biggest platforms first? It's a business and a very successful one, anybody who thought they wouldn't launch on the new consoles also was very naive.

They have a popular product and they are marketing and selling it to make the best money like good businessmen IMHO.

FINALLY!!! IT'S COMING!!!!

And I still don't have a rig that can play GTA: San Andreas at 1024x768 at high settings. Fuck.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

And I still don't have a rig that can play GTA: San Andreas at 1024x768 at high settings. Fuck.

Probably play it on console then if you gots one, I think it's safe to say that PS4 has your rig beat.

Probably play it on console then if you gots one, I think it's safe to say that PS4 has your rig beat.

I have a 360. I basically just drive around in a Sandking XL (that I dumped $20,000 into, even after buying it), since I finished all of the main story missions.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

:)  :)  :)  :)

This news made my (otherwise boring) day

Finally got PS4 Pro

I have a 360. I basically just drive around in a Sandking XL (that I dumped $20,000 into, even after buying it), since I finished all of the main story missions.

Sandking is bad mother fucker, but my favourite truck in GTA V is the Rebel, it just has that rugged look I love a pickup to have.

Karin_Rebel_Front.jpg

Karin_Rebel_Rear.jpg

Sandking is bad mother fucker, but my favourite truck in GTA V is the Rebel, it just has that rugged look I love a pickup to have.

I'll have to try and get some pics of mine after a little while. Not used to how wide it turns over my Coquette, but I kept getting into a lot of crashes with the amount of raw power that it had.

My favorite has to be my Primo, which is kinda similar to our old car.

And the Coquette, Sandking, Stainer, and the Vigero.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Now nintendo give us MK8 dlc.

My Build

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 ARMOUR | CPU: i7 9700k | Ram: 16gb 3200mhz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus XI Gene | Storage: 2x 1TB NVME 1x 500GB NVME 1x 120GB NVME | Case: Corsair 570X

Icehancer mod for GTA V please!!! :D

Current Rig: i5 3570K @ 4.2 GHz, Corsair H100i, Asus Maximus V Gene, Asus GTX 970 Turbo, Patriot Viper Black Mamba 8 GB DDR-3 1600 (2x4GB), Sandisk 120 GB SSD + Seagate 500 GB HDD + WD Blue 1 TB HDD, XFX 750W Black Edition, Corsair 350D - https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/cbxrxr

I'll have to try and get some pics of mine after a little while. Not used to how wide it turns over my Coquette, but I kept getting into a lot of crashes with the amount of raw power that it had.

My favorite has to be my Primo, which is kinda similar to our old car.

And the Coquette, Sandking, Stainer, and the Vigero.

Bring on the pics bro I love doing up trucks in GTA V and then scrambling up the hills.

No. Honestly many will disagree with this but I don't want them to release this stupid fucking game for the PC anymore, it would only take time away from better games at the door for PC like Witcher 3 or Star Citizen, Rockstar can just fuck off at this point.

Your point doesn't even make sense... This is coming out in Autumn and W3/SC are not coming out this year... GTAV is a good game, worth playing.

Likewise, not every game, mainly console ports and late releases, are bad. I know there are people on this forum (I could mention names but it would only start drama) who have a selfish and horrible attitude towards it all. As long as they get the game they don't give a shit. As long as it is playable, regardless of quality, they don't care. This is a MASSIVE problem. The moment one developer is allowed to slip for doing it, you are telling that developer and every other developer, that it is fine to release games that that are sub-standard and we will pay for it. While now it isn't as bad, if this attitude continues, what is the average PC Game going to be in 3 to 5 years. I don't want the PC to become a platform that is basically a second class citizen to consoles apart from the developers who have always built PC Games. I want the PC to be the strongest platform that gets the best version of a game (in terms of overall quality including graphical fidelity and such), the strongest community, the biggest community and the one that developers care about the most.

that may have gone a bit rant-ish at the end but oh well....

I want to reply to this in two points. The first, about late-releases and poor ports is valid. RS did a poor job on GTA IV PC port and I hope they've learned from that. I also hope the similarity between next-gen consoles and PC means they have a simpler time getting well optimised versions on all platforms. On the back of GTA IV for PC I find myself leaning more toward getting it on PS4 or not at all since I've played it on my brother's 360 already.

The second point concerns your "second class citizen" complex, which by and large is utter nonsense. You want PC to be the best platform for graphics, which by virtue of its power it is. You want the strongest and biggest community - that is up to players, not developers to foster. If players are incapable of organising themselves into a unified community then that is their problem. I also believe communities of PC/console gamers needn't be split, with a few exceptions (modding communities spring to mind). Ultimately, it's the same game we play, we can all give each other advice/support/guides etc etc. About developers caring the most, while RS isn't good for showing equal levels of support, I don't think developers should care about any platform more than the other - each of the three main gaming platforms constitute a large and crucial part of the market and all deserve the time and attention they need.

Story of my life :D

Omgz y u give PC gtav rokstir omfg. Bes espirense is on concole!!!:-#-#-88#8++#

But for real, I can't wait to see what other arguments console peasants will use now.

Your point doesn't even make sense... This is coming out in Autumn and W3/SC are not coming out this year... GTAV is a good game, worth playing.

1) It was just an example, change those games for whatever is coming out within that timeline

2) Simcity 2013 with the now included offline mode is also a good game, worth playing. That doesn't change the fact that they fucked over the entire Simcity community with the initial release and hurt PC gaming in general. To me personally, there's a lot more to gaming than just what's good and worth playing: I don't support over invasive DRM, I don't support predatory DLC tactics, I don't support utterly broken games and blatantly false promises and when possible I rather support smaller, more creative titles and developers who make it a point to not belittle their customers with their crap. The days of being a kid without worries just playing awesome sprite RPGs and cool D&D computer games are long gone.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Bring on the pics bro I love doing up trucks in GTA V and then scrambling up the hills.

I just drive around. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Spoiler

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Next gen versions will also be using similar higher-quality game assets.  Since any low-mid-range PC purchased right now bears much more resemblance to the PS4/XB1 than to the old hardware.  It makes more sense to develop the game for PS4, XB1, PC simultaneously.  Okay, you might say, they should have just released it on all platforms all at once (e.g. Watch Dogs), but then dissenters would immediately flip to 'OMG they are just downgrading the game on all platforms so the PC version will suck.'  Well, if I was a betting man or a Rockstar producer, I'd be doing the first idea.  GTA V: Remastered Edition.

It is of course well within the realm of possibility there is no PC version in the books, but I feel like there is precedent against this.  Sure RDR didn't get a PC version, but every single mainstream GTA title has a PC version, every Max Payne, LA Noire.  The list of PC mainstream games Rockstar releases is larger than the list it does not.

Been calling this for months!

As late as the announcement is, it lines up with both business and software development rather well.  Kind of hoping they embrace Steamworks fully and drop that damn Social Club I can never remember my password for because it doesn't even matter one bit, but whatever, I know it'll show up on Steam.  And then I'll buy it immediately and actually have a pool of friends to play online with to boot.  GTAV + mods will also test my upcoming build to the max.  Yay!

ExMachina (2016-Present) i7-6700k/GTX970/32GB RAM/250GB SSD

Picard II (2015-Present) Surface Pro 4 i5-6300U/8GB RAM/256GB SSD

LlamaBox (2014-Present) i7-4790k/GTX 980Ti/16GB RAM/500GB SSD/Asus ROG Swift

Kronos (2009-2014) i7-920/GTX680/12GB RAM/120GB SSD

Call me when the mods are out.

[spoiler=pc specs:]cpu: i5-4670k | mobo: z87-pro | cpu cooler: h100i | ram: 8gb vengeance pro | gpu: gtx770 ftw 4gb | case: nzxt switch 810 matte black | storage: 240gb ssd; 1tb hdd | psu: 750w corsair rm |
keyboards: max nighthawk x8 mx brown + blue led; corsair k60 mx red; ducky shine 3 tkl mx blue + orange led | mouse: deathadder black edition | audio: FiiO E10; sennheiser hd558; grado sr80i; sony mdr-nc200d; blue snowball |

Time to Replay this Epic Game once again :D

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013