I found a machete last night...

DroPouT1999

I have to say that we were high, i had to mention that because i think it affected our decision last night. 

So basically i was out with my friends last night and we were exploring a local forest, exploring is fun you see. We also like to have stick wars so we all decided to grab a stick and I grabbed this wooden handle thinking it was a chair leg or something, the murder weapon. I lifted it up and it turned out to be a machete, with red stains on it. With the brain that wasn't functioning as well as it should we all picked it up and attacked plants with it. It wasn't until we walked off that we realized we all handled a potential murder weapon.

So now i'm wondering if we did the wrong thing by leaving it there, should we have left it? Called the police? What should we have done?

- Dom

Where do bad folks go when they die?
They don't go to heaven where the angels fly
They go to the lake of fire and fry, Won't see them again 'till the fourth of July

alert the authorities, last thing you want is a murder on the loose

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium

omg the start of this story was a bit ...... (i have a dirty mind) 

My Little Gaming Rig:

CPU: FX 8320 | MOBO: Gigabyte 970A-D3P | RAM: G.Skill Ares 2x4GB | GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X | Storage: Seagate SSHD 1TB | Case: Corsair 200R | PSU: CM 550W V-Series

Upgrades to come: CPU FAN: Corsair H100i | RAM: 2 more 4GB sticks | GPU: Another R9 270X running in crossfire | Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD | PSU: Corsair 800w

I wouldn't have done anything. It was likely used to kill an animal or something. 

Not really uncommon in the woods. 

and OP did nothing after this and nothing ever happened, the end.

Error: 410

Maybe it was used to cut wild berries that gushed out red stuff.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx