What is the best/worst gaming community you've played with?

nosirrah123

This seems to come up a lot, people are always condemning a game or praising it based on the community, so I was just wondering what your guy's opinions on specific game's communities are, and also your commentary on the general gaming community. I can see this turning into a flame war, but I trust you guys to not say anything inflammatory just for the sake of causing a ruckus.

I'll go first.

People are always complaining about how bad LoL's community is, but really I'm level 15 hand have encountered a grand total of 1 guy I'd categorize as "titanic asshole." Maybe it gets worse as you get into more competitive play, but wouldn't it be the casual players who have less respect for the game?

The best community I've ever played with is probably the one surrounding Starcraft. I just straight up met some nice folks randomly on the internet, which isn't all that common. People in competitive matches would give me tips on how to improve my game, even if I was playing against them, and they'd just go along with any silliness that happened in chat.

- "some salty pretzel bun fanboy" ~ @helping, 2014
- "Oh shit, watch out guys, we got a hopscotch bassass here..." ~ @vinyldash303

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Best so far, warframe.

Worst, TTT.

(Unless you find a good community on there, like  Ihave, its rare tho)

Diamond 5 in League :)

Call of Duty by far is the worst and to be honest I don't mind the DayZ community.

God, you reminded me of when I played COD with a friend on XBL. It made me question my faith in humanity. I swear like 90% of the people I played with were 6 year old's who's favorite word started with N.

- "Yes the 8990 is more fater than the 4820K and as you can see this specific Video card comes with 6GB" ~ Alienware 2014

Worst:

COD (console is the worst)

Sometimes BF4 (not usually)

A lot of F2P games

Best:

CSGO by 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x

Sometimes you get that guy playing some weird thing that is really really creepy and it's amazing.

League of legends is the worst

Runescape is half good

hellooooooooo

League of Legends and Call of Duty 

PC Specs

Intel i5 4670k 4.2ghz @1.20v | Cooler Master 212 Plus | Asus z87-A | Fractal Design Define R4 |Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm HDD | 2x Samsung 840 EVO | Seasonic 520w m12II | Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb DDR3 1600mhz | PowerColor 7870 GHz edition | Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | NZXT Hue RGB Controller

Best so far, warframe.

Worst, TTT.

(Unless you find a good community on there, like  Ihave, its rare tho)

TTT is a game that tears friendships apart, and not even in a fun way like mario kart.

This brings up my argument that TTT is fundamentally flawed. It hypes itself up as a game about mystery and deceit, but it's really just wait until the T's start shooting, then shoot back. It punishes you for RDMing, while RDMingis by far the best strategy! 

Murder is much better from a design perspective, and delivers on the whole deceit thing much better.

Best community I've found is The Secret World, especially the Templars.

You're and your are not the same. Neither are their, there, and they're. Defiantly and Definitely are definitely not the same. Definately and Rediculous are not words, and you should feel bad for misspelling them. If English is your first language, you don't have a learning disorder, and you get any of these wrong, you are making the entire forum slightly dumber by doing so. Please take the extra three seconds to type properly, and have a nice day.

TTT is a game that tears friendships apart, and not even in a fun way like mario kart.

This brings up my argument that TTT is fundamentally flawed. It hypes itself up as a game about mystery and deceit, but it's really just wait until the T's start shooting, then shoot back. It punishes you for RDMing, while RDMingis by far the best strategy! 

Murder is much better from a design perspective, and delivers on the whole deceit thing much better.

MurdeR? aw to the hell naw.... I just find murder slower.

I also think that TTT is fun regardless, especially the things you can find along the way which make you're day IE: funny glitches, traitors who just want to toy with the inno's, etc..

Diamond 5 in League :)

Worst:

COD (console is the worst)

Sometimes BF4 (not usually)

A lot of F2P games

Best:

CSGO by 1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000x

Sometimes you get that guy playing some weird thing that is really really creepy and it's amazing.

Bf4? ive made some really good friends on bf

|| MAELSTROM ||

|| i5 3570K W/ CM 212x @ 4GHz || r9 290 Windforce || Corsair Obsidian 450D || 2tb HDD + 120gb 840 evo SSD || 2x4gb Hyperx Fury Blue

Best: Blacklight Retribution

Worst: Either DOTA or COD.

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

Best.. Kind of tough, what TimeSPlitter fans I came across usually aren't assholes. Probably only met one jerk.

Than there's Warframe.. never met a jerk. Everyone litteraly acts like that cool laid back guy who laughs with you at mistakes.

Worse though.. CoD has immature as hell people, butt.. Battlefield has that sacastic, self gloating, counterproductive, prejudice to the max community..

Yeah, gonna say Battlefield's community.

I know there's friendly people, but honestly, just go on Battlelog, it's like a 24/7 shitstorm, and everyone on servers always bicker. And the way the look down on EVERY other community and insult everyone for not liking Battlefield, it's, eugh.

Edited by MintyTwister

best: dark souls 1. worst so far: dark souls 2. I never played stuff like cod but I heard awful things about the community. In dark soul 1 you could have fun with enemys. like you get invaded and the invader helps you or drops nice stuff before the fight. in dark souls 2 people attack you immediatly so that you can't interact. last week I wanted to drop a few blue cracked eyeballs to a blue spirit who invaded me but he tried to kill me with stunlocking with poison weapons. another weird one was when I summoned a red spirit for a duel in the iron keep. when I started to chug my estus before the fight so that I could not heal he started attacking me and stunlocked me to death. so.. yeah. best duel of all times. I try to make it fair and he mashes his weapons into my face.

it's time for some jolly cooperation!

Best : Planetside 2 and Warframe

Worst : any MOBA, CoD, BF

I can't say how good the Warframe and Planetside 2 community are.

Planetside 2 has a small issue though : elitism.However,a very small amount of elite players act like that.

Oh,and about you guys talking about how bad LoL is,ALL DOTAs are like that.(maybe with a smaller amount of douchebags).When you make a game like that,it's impossible to achieve a great team composed of random people everytime.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

best: dark souls 1. worst so far: dark souls 2. I never played stuff like cod but I heard awful things about the community. In dark soul 1 you could have fun with enemys. like you get invaded and the invader helps you or drops nice stuff before the fight. in dark souls 2 people attack you immediatly so that you can't interact. last week I wanted to drop a few blue cracked eyeballs to a blue spirit who invaded me but he tried to kill me with stunlocking with poison weapons. another weird one was when I summoned a red spirit for a duel in the iron keep. when I started to chug my estus before the fight so that I could not heal he started attacking me and stunlocked me to death. so.. yeah. best duel of all times. I try to make it fair and he mashes his weapons into my face.

It is a but tough, I remember in DkS I When I Started I got a bit upset when people where using estus, but then I got used to it. But the thing about DkS II and the people who invade in the belfry, wtf is their problem 100% of them just straight on attack and heal and etc. Not that I have a problem with it but I'd have thought that not everyone is like that. They sure as hell aren't in other invasions.

Stock coolers - The sound of bare minimum

Worst: dota 2 (russians)

Best: wow (actually met a guy with whom i am irl friend now)

Best: Warframe

Worst: BF4

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

League of legends has a community that is very polar. Personally, I have found a few friends that I play any game I can with even outside of LoL. But there are also people that I wish would jump off the end of the earth. For some reason it seems the people that walk the borderline of nice/total-jerk don't stay around. (I'm max level with 1200 wins and about 1300 losses)

Personal best (because you can choose half the community you play with): League of Legends

Personal worst: Most FPS games. I can't handle it.

Best: world of warcraft, at least it was a few years back. Haven't played recently. Just good fun, no bad manners.

Worst: League of Legends

Contradictory, but if you don't play with the right people in league then it is by far the worst gaming community. It gets better after a LOT of games, but that road is filled with slurs and tears.

COD.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

best: minecraft (mod development, etc)

worst: csgo & Dota

csgo:MM is unbearable. Mic spammers , griefers, hackers. ESEA.

Dota2: way to many Russians and Latin Americans for my taste .

Eclipse Version 3: i5 9600K | Asus Strix Z390| GTX 1070 | 16GB Kingston Beast | Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD [2] +WD Blue 1TB | NZXT H440 | EVGA 750 W | Dark Rock Pro 4| Beyerdynamic DT880 Premium