A fix for infinite loading in SC

Hawx

@Slick

I noticed in the video that he seems to be stuck with the infinite loading issue (I'm assuming that's what I saw) where the game just hits the loading screen and doesn't go anywhere else. It's a problem between CryEngine and Windows networking that stems back to Crysis 2. I researched and created a fix for it back when I played Crysis 2, and it still works now:

There is a service on Windows 7 that controls port activity (even if you're not using Windows Firewall). It glitches up (I'm not sure what causes it) and stops certain applications from binding to port (in my case, Crysis 2/Star Citizen). You just need to restart the service to fix it.

Open up task manager, go to 'Services' then hit the 'Services...' button in the lower right-hand corner (with the UAC symbol next to it) (or just search for Services in the start menu). Once the window is up, make sure you are in 'Extended view' (via the tab at the bottom of the window). Find the service called 'Base Filtering Engine'. You should see something like this:

yVUz.png

Now just hit the 'Restart' button. You might be presented with a warning that it has to restart other services too, just hit 'yes'. If you find you're given an error at the end saying it couldn't restart it due to 'being in use by other services' or something in that nature, just hit the restart button again, and it should successfully restart.

After this, launch AC again.

Notes:
  • To restart it you might have to disable MSE/Windows Defender/Windows Firewall if they aren't disabled already.
  • There are reports of this fix working under Windows 8, I make no promises concerning this.
  • This fix is not for people getting connection errors or crashes, it's designed for people who can't move past the loading screen no matter how long you sit on it.

I also have a thread about it on the SC forums: https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/2710761

2016 EDIT: Changed title so people can find it easier via google.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

You could just mention him, like this @SlickPC

I thought he has mentions disabled for himself?

EDIT: Oh yep, he doesn't.

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

ummm....this issues was fixed with the last patch few days ago, people still have issues?

No it wasn't. There are a ton of issues concerning loading, crashes, connection failure, installation corruptions, and the game just refusing to start.

Guess im lucky, my Infinity load screen was fixed with the patch.

That and they increased the server count, no problems my end

interesting - I never actually had the infinite load issue but this is very cool! Thanks!

• 2 months later...

It doesn't work for me, got any other methods?

Folding for LTT since April 2016.

• 4 years later...

Made an account just to say, this just worked for me. I haven't been able to play for a while and finally I found something that worked. Thanks!

On 6/13/2019 at 3:34 AM, willgaj said:

Made an account just to say, this just worked for me. I haven't been able to play for a while and finally I found something that worked. Thanks!

Holy necro! Well congratulations apparently you just fixed a 5 year old bug.... that SC still has.