Streacom Unveils The Company's First Gaming Case

GoodBytes

Streacom, unknown by most, but actually known for their tiny and small form factor cases, and fanless design cases, is making their first gaming case.

The case is the F12C. The case is targeted to be an elegant HTPC case for a home entertainment system but for gaming.

The case takes standard ATX board, standard ATX power supply, support for 300mm long graphic cards, tall CPU cooler, and has detachable radiator rails

TechPowerUp says:

The F12C can seat standard ATX motherboards, with standard ATX PSUs. The case can accommodate graphics cards as long as 300 mm, and reasonably tall CPU coolers. Over the upper half of the motherboard tray are detachable radiator rails, so you can bolt on a 240 x 120 mm radiator. Additional 240 x 120 mm radiators can also be mounted along the case's left-side pair of 120 mm vents, but that would eat into one or more expansion slots. Storage area includes four 3.5-inch, and two 2.5-inch bays. Its cooling system includes two 120 mm vents on each side (one of which on the right side acts as the PSU vent); and two top exhausts (over the radiator rail). There are also passive vents over the rear I/O.

135a.jpg

135c.jpg

135b.jpg

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/201746/streacom-unveils-its-first-gaming-pc-case.html

Holy shit that looks sexy!

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Cool.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Looks decent i personally wouldn't use a water cooler id probably go with a low profile noctua cooler and rather put hdds where the rad is 4 hdds isnt really much :/

That looks good, I actually might migrate my current system to a media center case for downstairs (light gaming and steam streaming, plus maybe NAS functionality in the background) and this looks perfect, just hope it isn't that expensive.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I haven't seen people use horizontal cases for a long time..usually crappy prebuilts in libraries with athlons.

I haven't seen people use horizontal cases for a long time..usually crappy prebuilts in libraries with athlons.

or htpc that can house the most powerfull hardware around without looking like a toy.

just look at the node 604, silverstone gd01-10, or silverstone crown case.

i would buy this if i didn t have a similar case already.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

I came in here expecting some alien space ship looking crap but I was presently surprised. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

That is one sexy case.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I wish they sold Streacom cases in Australia. So aesthetically pleasing, doesn't stand out too. Good for a Hackintosh.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

STREACOM - NOT "STREAMCOM"

I like these guys a lot, their cases are very very solid craftsmanship. The F1C EVO is one of my top 10 cases of all time, just for its size. It is absolutely tiny even for an M-ITX case, and despite it reeks of quality. I don't doubt this F12 series will be hella expensive though.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I don't understand. It looks bland and big. It's like getting a desktop PC and doing something people have never ever done before. Putting it on its side. Woah! Who cares..

Wait... There are "gaming cases" now? How does a "gaming" case differ from a regular case? I wish we could stop putting "gaming" in front of everything because it sounds really stupid.

Their cases are expensive as balls by the way. Expect this one to be 400+ dollars (the little brother of this, the FC10, costs 350 dollars).

The cooling might be bad as well since it's a passive case. For a case where you're suppose to put powerful components in it, that's like saying "buy your own fans because we were to cheap to give you some".

My verdict: Not interested at all. I bet people will love it though since it seems to be made out of aluminum and it's "minimalistic" (aka, bland).

Wait... There are "gaming cases" now? How does a "gaming" case differ from a regular case? I wish we could stop putting "gaming" in front of everything because it sounds really stupid.

Their cases are expensive as balls by the way. Expect this one to be 400+ dollars (the little brother of this, the FC10, costs 350 dollars).

The cooling might be bad as well since it's a passive case. For a case where you're suppose to put powerful components in it, that's like saying "buy your own fans because we were to cheap to give you some".

My verdict: Not interested at all. I bet people will love it though since it seems to be made out of aluminum and it's "minimalistic" (aka, bland).

Gaming case is being used to say that the case has adequate cooling for a high end graphics card and allows overclocking.

In the case manufacture defense, case fans are already being replaced by users. Provided case fans by manufactures are always junk in any case.

Being able to afford their cases, probably indicates that you have the funds for Noctua fans in any case.

It is a miss conception that a computer case needs 200 fans for proper cooling. What you need is properly located fans, and good ones.

You can get away with 0 to 2 case fans no problem, with a high end GPU and overclocked CPU.

Yes, their cases are expensive, much like Lian Li.

I think it is boring and has a poor internal layout.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

it s a "gaming case" because it has enough ventilation to cool gpus, if you look it up all their cases are usually fanless and include a heatpipe that uses the wholr case as a heatsink to cool the gpu.

there s no point in including fans if every one will swap them out.

fans includes with a case are always thrash(too loud or no airflow). now if the case is that expensive i cannot imagine people can t affird decent fans to go with it.

not every one wants a transformer on their desk or in the living room as this is clearly an htpc case.

the wife acceptance factor of this case is way higher than a haf case meaning it might just be accepted there.

Anything I write is just a comment, take is as such, there is no guarantees associated with anything I say.

ATX Portable rig (smaller than prodigy(LOL)) :  Nmedia 2800 | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h  | Corsair HX1000 | Scythe Big Shuriken | i5 3570K  |  XFX R9 290 DoubleD | Corsair Vengeance 32GB

it s a "gaming case" because it has enough ventilation to cool gpus, if you look it up all their cases are usually fanless and include a heatpipe that uses the wholr case as a heatsink to cool the gpu.

So does pretty much every other case as well, depending on which GPU it is. It is just a stupid marketing term I would gladly see die out.

there s no point in including fans if every one will swap them out.

fans includes with a case are always thrash(too loud or no airflow). now if the case is that expensive i cannot imagine people can t affird decent fans to go with it.

That's a pretty stupid logic. "If you're buying such an expensive case you can afford to get fans". Yes but you could also say that such an expensive case should come with good fans as well.

I mean, would you use the same logic if Apple didn't include any storage with the Mac Pro? "Anyone buying such an expensive computer can afford to buy an SSD".

The more expensive something is, the less reason they have to not include basic things like fans.

not every one wants a transformer on their desk or in the living room as this is clearly an htpc case.

the wife acceptance factor of this case is way higher than a haf case meaning it might just be accepted there.

I am not so sure a 400+ dollar case has a very high "wife acceptance factor" to begin with. There are a lot of other plain looking cases which are most likely far better than this one, for a fraction of the price.

If they release it and it costs something like 200 dollars then I will say it is pretty good. Until the price is revealed though I will look at it as a 400 dollar case and at that price point it is really really bad.

• 11 months later...