fan to cool gpu and a new cpu heatsink

origx36

hey,i hope that you can help my with my buying

1) i have a I5 3470 and i have some zalman shity heatsink and its making tones! of noise

i need a new heatsink.i wont do any overclock to the cpu i just need some quiet cool and not expensive heatsink

2) i have a sparkle gtx 570 and i want to over clock it but the temp are high

i think that if ill put a direct air flow fan underneath the exhaust fan of the gpu it will get a fresh supply of air all the time

what is the best fan for this task?

thanx! :)

get the hyper 212 evo

and it would help but a new cooler would be better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186068

heres a rough guide to

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/10418-how-to-change-your-gpus-thermal-paste-with-pictures/

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

As far as the CPU goes, this is a great heatsink, especially for the price. Will keep things cool, and will be quite as long as you can make sure the fan RPM stays down, or better yet throw a better fan on it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

As far as GPU goes, I suggest turning up the GPU fan speed as much as you can handle (it will get pretty loud) and put any fan you can directed at it. Nothing special as far as directional fans go. Linus always raves about NF F12's being good for directional flow, but honestly any fan would work well for this task.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

get the hyper 212 evo

heres a rough guide to

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/10418-how-to-change-your-gpus-thermal-paste-with-pictures/

i think you didnt understand i need new cpu heatsink

and a new regular fan not a gpu fan

get the hyper 212 evo

heres a rough guide to

i think you didnt understand i need new cpu heatsink

and a new regular fan not a gpu fan

yes but a GPU fan will help your GPU problem more than just a fan.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

As far as the CPU goes, this is a great heatsink, especially for the price. Will keep things cool, and will be quite as long as you can make sure the fan RPM stays down, or better yet throw a better fan on it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103099

As far as GPU goes, I suggest turning up the GPU fan speed as much as you can handle (it will get pretty loud) and put any fan you can directed at it. Nothing special as far as directional fans go. Linus always raves about NF F12's being good for directional flow, but honestly any fan would work well for this task.

ok thanks

how is the katana 4 ?is it better than this one?

yes but a GPU fan will help your GPU problem more than just a fan.

but i dont have the money to buy this. if ill put this amount of money ill just sell my card and buy a new better one

The 212 EVO is the new CPU heatsink, same one I linked. If you don't want a new heatsink for the GPU, just use a fan, any fan.

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

Sorry, my forum isn't updating right I guess, the posts are lagging pretty hard core :/

But I don't know about a katana 4, what is that?

Sorry, my forum isn't updating right I guess, the posts are lagging pretty hard core :/

But I don't know about a katana 4, what is that?

its a cpu heatsink from Scythe

i have problem to buy from newegg. im  in europe

what about this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835186134

i heard from pepole that he is realy quiet

The freezer 7 is fine, the 212 is pretty much the fan everyone and there mom is going with tho, and I am sure you can get it from another source besides newegg. But honestly either one will be fine, especially since you are not trying to overclock.

The freezer 7 is fine, the 212 is pretty much the fan everyone and there mom is going with tho, and I am sure you can get it from another source besides newegg. But honestly either one will be fine, especially since you are not trying to overclock.

in my country i cant find the 212 under  50 $.

do you  now any other good heatdink ?

You can always just buy a quieter fan and put it on your existing heatsink.  That's usually cheaper and quieter too.

You can always just buy a quieter fan and put it on your existing heatsink.  That's usually cheaper and quieter too.

i dont have a good heatsink its this  ZALMAN%207000V%20Al%20SI%20EDITION.jpg

its an very loud and not very good at keepping my cpu cool

What's your budget for a CPU cooler?

Also for a fan to keep your GPU cool, I'd recommend any of the Silverstone Air Penetrator series.

The Hyper 212 Evo is the best budget air cooler imo. I would get a fan like a Bitfenix Spectre Pro fan to cool your gpu.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer