82 degrees on my GPU bad?

meritmaster

I'm playing Watch Dogs, and my temp reaches to the early 80's>

Is this bad?

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends.

~Abraham Lincoln

In times when we are on the brink of destruction, war, and loosing ourselves, let's remember a basic fundamental element of love, forgiveness, and understanding; God bless!

No, this is normal. A GPU can get hotter than a CPU easily.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I've had my reference 7970's fold at 100% load, 95 degrees for hours straight. Very loud lol.

“Snorting instant coffee is the best,” said Kayla Johns, 19, of Portland.

I'm playing Watch Dogs, and my temp reaches to the early 80's>

Is this bad?

You mentioned in another thread that you were using the 660ti. I personally own this card, although it's the Asus one. I would like to consider 80c "tolerable" for it, if not a bit too hot.

I've browsed a few threads on other sites and many people consider hitting the 80's "too hot", even though manufacturers say 97c is where you should worry.

I had it in a mATX case with poor airflow and got choking at high 80's myself.

I really wish that we'd just make organic hardware already, that grows and adapts to the demands it needs to meet. That way, grannies' computers can be floppy sacks of organicness and the 12 year old Minecrafters will look like the guys that only do bicep curls, and the nerdy programmers will finally have justice, with their body-builder rigs that skipped leg day.

CPU: i7-4770k 4.8GHz | Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero | RAM: 16gigs 2133MHz | GPU: SLI Gigabyte OC 2gb 770's | Case: INWIN GRone | Storage: 1tb Blue, 60gb SSD | PSU: Silencer MK II 950w | Cooling: Modded H100i

Your card probably throttling at that temp, try increase the fanspeed using MSI Afterburner/EVGA Precision.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

^^^ Yeah it will be throttling for sure!!! Although 82c is hot, it is normal..thats why many of us go to Water Blocks....my 780Ti's peak at 35c or so..  ;)

As someone else mentioned, set up a Custom Fan Profile (Aggressive).

3930K - 4.85Ghz w EK Supremacy | RIVE w Photon 170 D5 Vario / Res Combo | 16GB 1866 Doms | Evga GTX 780Ti SC SLi w EK Full WB's| AX 1.2 kW | 900D - 1 x RX480 1 x EX360 & 1 x EX240 Rads w Noctua NF F & Corsair SP "Push" | W7 HP x64 | MK11: P25,113 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm11/7499603 | Firestrike: 19,576 http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1177627