シルバー - Shirubā

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

COMPLETE! 

Everything wired up, side panels on, booted and Windows installed. Still got some software setup to do, but I won't be documenting that. 

Going to take some final pictures soon, probably today with my phone, but I'll take some more, better ones with my friend's camera or another camera if I can find one I can use. For now I've left you a Shinobu gif as a placeholder. 

It's taken a while, but I've really enjoyed this build. I feel like I've learnt a fair bit about modding from this build as several things didn't go to plan and I had to change things as I went along. Finishing this has made me want to create another rig (probably a media PC/720p gaming). I have a few ideas for it, among which are designing it in a Mirror's Edge art style or using an anime character as a base (probably Shinobu or another character from the Monogatari series). Keep an eye out for another build log from me at some point in 2015. 

Thank you to everyone who's followed, commented, provided helpful criticism and suggestions, complimented or just looked at the build log. I'll be submitting it to build logs of the month/week soon, so please vote for it if you have the chance (: 

Bye for now (: 

tumblr_mgcikkZdyN1rnrot7o1_500.gif

I really like the sleeving without the heat shrink, good job.

I am waiting to see this build done.

It will only be a month or two before I have all the parts I need. However, I'm considering switching to Haswell-E when it comes around, so I might wait until I can get a new CPU, motherboard and RAM before I put all the watercooling stuff in. 

It will only be a month or two before I have all the parts I need. However, I'm considering switching to Haswell-E when it comes around, so I might wait until I can get a new CPU, motherboard and RAM before I put all the watercooling stuff in. 

Don't forget you'll need a new cpu block if the spacings for the current 2011-0 is compatible to the newer socket revision 2011-3

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

Don't forget you'll need a new cpu block if the spacings for the current 2011-0 is compatible to the newer socket revision 2011-3

Hmm, somehow I don't think they'll change it so much that the older blocks don't work, but it's not guaranteed. Either way, the CPU block doesn't cost much, so it's not too much of an issue. 

Really nice work on the sleeving, I'll have to look around for guides or possibly consult with you when I decide to do custom sleeving in my next build. 

The end result definitely looks better than how the wires looked upon purchase. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Really nice work on the sleeving, I'll have to look around for guides or possibly consult with you when I decide to do custom sleeving in my next build. 

The end result definitely looks better than how the wires looked upon purchase. 

Lutro0 Customs has a guide for heatshrinkless sleeving, but some of the methods he uses are not necessary and can either be done much cheaper or be skipped all together. 

I might make a guide using pictures and text on the forum at some point, I've had several people ask how I did it. Also, depending on the PSU, you might have to sleeve some double wires which is a real pain. You have to strip a section of wire, then cut another and solder it into the striped one. Then you have to heatshrink them back together -.- 

Lutro0 Customs has a guide for heatshrinkless sleeving, but some of the methods he uses are not necessary and can either be done much cheaper or be skipped all together. 

I might make a guide using pictures and text on the forum at some point, I've had several people ask how I did it. Also, depending on the PSU, you might have to sleeve some double wires which is a real pain. You have to strip a section of wire, then cut another and solder it into the striped one. Then you have to heatshrink them back together -.- 

Haha I'll look into it thanks for the info. I would definitely be interesting to read if you made a guide however. 

I'm aware its time consuming project, so props with the patience!

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Haha I'll look into it thanks for the info. I would definitely be interesting to read if you made a guide however. 

I'm aware its time consuming project, so props with the patience!

PSU sleeving is a boring task. It's annoying if you get one end of the cable perfect, then mess up the other end xD 

Maybe I'll put up a poll to see if people would like a guide. 

PSU sleeving is a boring task. It's annoying if you get one end of the cable perfect, then mess up the other end xD 

Maybe I'll put up a poll to see if people would like a guide. 

Count me in on that poll.

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

- Stefani Stilton (she / her) 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍⚧️

Count me in on that poll.

I put it up a little while ago. Seems that the majority of people would like a guide, so I'm going to make one. I might be able to do it tomorrow if I have the time. 

I put it up a little while ago. Seems that the majority of people would like a guide, so I'm going to make one. I might be able to do it tomorrow if I have the time. 

Awesome thanks. I'm gonna have to stalk your profile for a little while now.  :D

You gotta do you girl. I always say you gotta do you. And if he's doing him, then who's doing you? Because right now, it seems like no one's doing you.

Awesome thanks. I'm gonna have to stalk your profile for a little while now.  :D

Hey bicycle you've got a stalker now! He's gonna try to ride you! Watch out!

The sleeving I wish I had the patience for it.

Can't wait for the next update :D

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

You can keep the GTX logo and mount it with tape or whatever.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

You can keep the GTX logo and mount it with tape or whatever.

Orrrr he can send it to me! 

No one will know I actually use a GTX 460! It'll be so bright you'll be blinded. 

I have no idea what I'm talking about. 

Orrrr he can send it to me! 

No one will know I actually use a GTX 460! It'll be so bright you'll be blinded. 

I have no idea what I'm talking about. 

I've actually been asked to sell it to a few people xD 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it after I remove it. 

I've actually been asked to sell it to a few people xD 

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with it after I remove it. 

Now that you mention it, I was actually going to trade my 780 for my friend's 780 because I have the ACX cooler and he has the reference one. I was only going to do it if I decided to do the green build I originally wanted. You selling that shroud would've been awesome at that time. Now that I'm doing "remodeling" it gives me the same idea.

What fortuitous timing, a friend wants my ACX cooler, a different friend is starting his own build, and thus I can sell him the parts I don't want, and I'm upgrading, now your Geforce logo... Maybe three Titan Blacks will fall from the sky with EVGA's custom SLI bridge.

@ any upcoming updates coming any time soon.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

Now that you mention it, I was actually going to trade my 780 for my friend's 780 because I have the ACX cooler and he has the reference one. I was only going to do it if I decided to do the green build I originally wanted. You selling that shroud would've been awesome at that time. Now that I'm doing "remodeling" it gives me the same idea.

What fortuitous timing, a friend wants my ACX cooler, a different friend is starting his own build, and thus I can sell him the parts I don't want, and I'm upgrading, now your Geforce logo... Maybe three Titan Blacks will fall from the sky with EVGA's custom SLI bridge.

Well, the cooler for the Titan Black/780Ti is slightly different from the normal 780. I don't think they fit anyway, or 780 waterblocks would fit on the Titan Black too. 

Well, the cooler for the Titan Black/780Ti is slightly different from the normal 780. I don't think they fit anyway, or 780 waterblocks would fit on the Titan Black too. 

Electrical tape. I still have the ACX heat sinks, so I'd just have to toss the fans and somehow fit the shroud just right using electrical tape and plug the fan in. Worse DIY stuff has been done. ;)  :P

@ any upcoming updates coming any time soon.

All of my family's birthdays are within 21st July-31st of August, so I'm pretty short on money right now. My insurance comes up for renewal in September, so hopefully that'll go down from my first year's no claims, taking down my monthly expenses a bit. 

I'm planning on selling my K95 as I no longer use it (has been completely replaced with my Ducky Shine 3) as well as the spare SP120 fans I have lying around. I also have a Gigabyte Z77 board and NZXT Phantom 410 to sell, all of which should fund buying the rest of my fans, fittings and hopefully the rest of the radiators (1x 360mm and 1x240mm)

I'm also going to be doing some work for my mum's business (just testing various motherboards, CPUs, RAM and installing windows and drivers on laptops) which will add some additional funds. I've also done some overtime at work recently, so I'll get paid more this month. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get all of the watercooling parts by the end of August, then the remaining SSDs and other parts by the end of September. 

One of the things I'm concentrating on is the SSD mounting/blanking plate. I'm working on getting some mock ups made from card to try and figure out the exact measurements of the plate. I also need to work out how I'm going to paint it. As I'm going to get it made out of 2mm thick aluminium (easier to get specific designs lasercut compared to acrylic) it will need to be painted black. I also need to work out how I'm going to put "Shiruba" on the metal. Not sure if I'll paint it on somehow, or have it just out of the metal, then put a bit of frosted arcylic with LEDs behind it to make it glow... 

Basically my ideas for now @wng_kingsley7

sweet & just to ask a favor; when you do find some to laser-cut your parts could you include a link to their website in your post or PM me. Trying to find a couple companies for my project. @

If you get it done in Kanji make it look authentic but with a broad & rough style.

sweet & just to ask a favor; when you do find some to laser-cut your parts could you include a link to their website in your post or PM me. Trying to find a couple companies for my project. @

If you get it done in Kanji make it look authentic but with a broad & rough style.

Second that, although for laser cutting my possible project might be substantially harder. 

Second that, although for laser cutting my possible project might be substantially harder. 

Don't laser cut everything, it takes out the hard work you do as a designer/dyi'ist. My project wouldn't be finished till prob mid-way/Q2-3 of next year.