シルバー - Shirubā

Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

COMPLETE! 

Everything wired up, side panels on, booted and Windows installed. Still got some software setup to do, but I won't be documenting that. 

Going to take some final pictures soon, probably today with my phone, but I'll take some more, better ones with my friend's camera or another camera if I can find one I can use. For now I've left you a Shinobu gif as a placeholder. 

It's taken a while, but I've really enjoyed this build. I feel like I've learnt a fair bit about modding from this build as several things didn't go to plan and I had to change things as I went along. Finishing this has made me want to create another rig (probably a media PC/720p gaming). I have a few ideas for it, among which are designing it in a Mirror's Edge art style or using an anime character as a base (probably Shinobu or another character from the Monogatari series). Keep an eye out for another build log from me at some point in 2015. 

Thank you to everyone who's followed, commented, provided helpful criticism and suggestions, complimented or just looked at the build log. I'll be submitting it to build logs of the month/week soon, so please vote for it if you have the chance (: 

Bye for now (: 

tumblr_mgcikkZdyN1rnrot7o1_500.gif

No, but they're actually quite good for radiators (according to Singularity Computers, he uses them in near enough every build).

I have a large amount of rad space, so even though they're not the best SP fans, they should still do well. 

Hmm good to know, I'll do some more research on the fans and the company. Thanks for the info. :D

X9nKwgt.gif

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

@ Have you changed the colour scheme on the sabertooth

Nope, it's just standard. When everything's installed, it covers all of the brown and other colours, so it just looks black. 

If that's the case, i might look into getting it

It's a very good board. The Z77 one is pretty hard to find in the UK though. You pretty much can't get them new, has to be preowned. Luckily they're designed to last years and years, so most of them are still in very good condition. 

It's a very good board. The Z77 one is pretty hard to find in the UK though. You pretty much can't get them new, has to be preowned. Luckily they're designed to last years and years, so most of them are still in very good condition. 

I'll probably get the z97 one, as they look pretty much the same

I'll probably get the z97 one, as they look pretty much the same

If you're using Haswell, then yeah. Z97 is a good choice. If broadwell is supported on Z97, I'm looking at EVGA's Z97 Classified next. Unless some real nice X99 boards come out, then I might go for the 2011 5xxx line. 

If you're using Haswell, then yeah. Z97 is a good choice. If broadwell is supported on Z97, I'm looking at EVGA's Z97 Classified next. Unless some real nice X99 boards come out, then I might go for the 2011 5xxx line. 

Broadwell is apparently supported on z97, I was also looking at the EVGA Z97 Classified but i'm unsure about the fact that its e-atx

Broadwell is apparently supported on z97, I was also looking at the EVGA Z97 Classified but i'm unsure about the fact that its e-atx

The only thing that's throwing me off the Classified is the white/red capacitors. I just wish they were black or grey. 

The only thing that's throwing me off the Classified is the white/red capacitors. I just wish they were black or grey. 

The price is probably what's holding me back, i don't know if i can justify paying close to £283 on a motherboard but its pretty much all black which i really like.

The price is probably what's holding me back, i don't know if i can justify paying close to £283 on a motherboard but its pretty much all black which i really like.

Yeah, I can understand that. I'm not sure if I'm willing to make the jump to 2011. I'd be looking at the high high end, so £800 is a lot for a CPU. With a board, it'll be over a grand probably xD I better start saving. 

Yeah, I can understand that. I'm not sure if I'm willing to make the jump to 2011. I'd be looking at the high high end, so £800 is a lot for a CPU. With a board, it'll be over a grand probably xD I better start saving. 

It depends i personally feel if you do a lot of content creation then 2011 is worth it, if not i would go with Z97

It depends i personally feel if you do a lot of content creation then 2011 is worth it, if not i would go with Z97

I might just wait for Skylake TBH. My 3770K is still plenty powerful, but it depends if I start getting into rendering later on. 

I might wait for skylake just because of the motherboards, as most of the z97 boards look god awful apart from a few

I agree with that. They all look very similar to me. An awful lot of black and red boards. I wish companies would just make nice, plain black boards. 

I know, i dream of the day when i can have a pretty much all black build with white and silver accents

Hopefully that's what my build will look like when it's done. It's pretty much at that state already, but I dislike how many LEDs I have in it (I went over the top) xD

Really now, Chitanda? 

I'm just a bit...

pO2o9MM.gif

Can you really blame me? The topic at hand is so appealing~

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

I'm just a bit...

-snip-

Can you really blame me? The topic at hand is so appealing~

Honestly, I'm not sure how much I've spent on this system. I've sold and bought parts over the past 2 years, so I've kind of lost track. You can always add up what the current components are worth, but that doesn't really show how much I've spent. 

If I had to guess, I'd say I've spent over £4000 so far. Although, I've sold old components to buy new ones, so it's not really that much. 

Honestly, I'm not sure how much I've spent on this system. I've sold and bought parts over the past 2 years, so I've kind of lost track. You can always add up what the current components are worth, but that doesn't really show how much I've spent. 

If I had to guess, I'd say I've spent over £4000 so far. Although, I've sold old components to buy new ones, so it's not really that much. 

£4000... might not be the accurate number but quite a bit. It totally looks worth it from what I can see though. Good stuff! 

twhZlmF.gif

£4000... might not be the accurate number but quite a bit. It totally looks worth it from what I can see though. Good stuff! 

-snip-

Better than spending it all on alcohol and partying like most of the people I know my age do. 

I'm fine just staying at home. 

Hyou-gifs-hyouka-34598158-400-225.gif

Better than spending it all on alcohol and partying like most of the people I know my age do. 

I'm fine just staying at home. 

Ehh I'd rather stay at home and do entertaining things on my computer too, instead of going out for a drink or to some party to do absolutely nothing(drinking screws up my liver so there's that too lol).

Ehh I'd rather stay at home and do entertaining things on my computer too, instead of going out for a drink or to some party to do absolutely nothing(drinking screws up my liver so there's that too lol).

I don't think I've been 'out' with friends for around 2 years xD I've only had a few beers since I turned 18 over a year ago, it just doesn't appeal to me. Computers and anime are much better. Speaking of which, I'm planning on getting an external RAID enclosure and using the hard drives I get from my dad to store as much anime as I can.