COMPUTEX Press Releases [Bitfenix, Corsair, Noctua]

Bitfenix_logo.png

Bitfenix Atlas, Pandora, and Aegis pictured

Here are the first pictures of BitFenix' two new additions to its premium case lineup, the Pandora tower, and the Atlas cube. Pandora, like the Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL, is a 'case' of mistaken form-factor, in that it's designed for much smaller motherboards, but has the room to match up to a bigger one. The Pandora is designed for mini-ITX motherboards, but at 160 mm x 418 mm x 459 mm (WxDxH), is about the size of a micro-ATX tower. It lacks 5.25-inch drive bays, but has room for two each of 3.5-inch and 2.5-inch drives, a standard ATX PSU, and a ventilation system that includes two 120 mm front intakes, and two 120 mm rear exhausts. And yes, you can use them to latch on two 240 x 120 mm radiators.

The BitFenix Atlas, on the other hand, is a cubical case that's designed to compete with the likes of Corsair Carbide Air 540. It measures 383 mm x 443 mm x 541 mm (WxHxD), and is compartmentalized, much like Corsair's case. Its motherboard tray can seat E-ATX motherboards. There are no 5.25-inch drive bays, but a whopping ten 3.5-inch, and six 2.5-inch bays. Cooling system includes a staggering six 120 mm front intakes (can convert to four 140 mm), six 120 mm top exhausts (can convert to four 140 mm), a similar configuration at the bottom, and two 120 mm rear exhausts.

36b.jpg36a.jpg36c.jpg36d.jpg

36e.jpg

In addition to the mini-ITX Pandora, and E-ATX Atlas, BitFenix also showed off its Aegis tower case. At 200 mm x 465 mm x 465 mm (WxDxH), it's roughly the size of an ATX mid-tower, but seats only micro-ATX and mini-ITX form-factor motherboards, much like the Phanteks Enthoo Mini XL. The case is built mostly of SECC steel and ABS plastic, with seven 3.5/2.5-inch drive bays, and a cooling system that includes three 120 mm front intakes (which can hold a 360 x 120 mm radiator), two 140 mm top exhausts (which can hold a 280 x 140 mm radiator), and one each 120 mm at the rear and bottom.

37b.jpg37a.jpg

37a.jpg

noctua_logo1-300x125.jpg

Noctua unveils it's "Flocked" fans

Noctua showed off its newest innovation in PC fan design, the Flocked Surface impeller. Simply put, these fan impellers feature fibrous flock layers along the surface, which creates a turbulent boundary layer of air, much like dimples do on golf balls, resulting in increased air-flow, and decreased air-flow separation (whiplash). Noctua is flocking its fans in two ways, flocked impeller, and flocked frame interior. Examples of both are pictured below.

40b.jpg

40a.jpg40c.jpg

Noctua Shows Off Tower-type CPU cooler with CUBE based heatpipes

In most tower-type CPU heatsinks, central bent portions of heat pipes pass through the CPU base, while their arms pass through ends of an aluminium fin-stack. Noctua plans to improve on that, without trying out expensive solutions such as vapor-chamber plates. Called Cube-base heat pipes, Noctua's solution include heat pipes that originate at the base, shooting straight up through the central portion of the aluminium fin stack, for a more even distribution of heat. Noctua implemented the cube-base heat pipes on a variation of its popular NH-U14S heatsink, which it displayed.

41e.jpg

41f.jpg41g.jpg

41h.jpg

Noctua U-type cooler gets an update

Noctua gave its U-type compact CPU cooler prototype a second showing at Computex. The cooler was displayed with a pair of 65 mm fans. The design goal of the cooler is to provide tower-type ventilation (in which hot air is pushed out of the case through the rear fan vent), in a package the size of a compact top-flow one. A dense aluminium fin heatsink, to which heat drawn from a nickel-plated base, is fed by four 6 mm thick heat pipes, is ventilated side-ways, by a pair of 65 mm fans in partial push-pull configuration. The cooler, by the looks of it, should be able to handle most mainstream CPUs, even with some overclocks thrown in. There's still no word on when Noctua plans to launch it.

41b.jpg41d.jpg41c.jpg41a.jpg

corsair-logo.jpg

Corsair launches it's HXi series of power supplies

Corsair, the most awarded PC power supply brand in the world1, today announced its new HXi Series PC power supply, the latest evolution in the award-winning line of HX PSUs. Available in 750, 850, and 1000 watt models, the HXi Series PSU feature 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency, fully modular cables, near-silent operation, Japanese electrolytic capacitors, and Corsair software monitoring and customization. Akin to all Corsair PSUs, the HXi Series utilizes high-quality componentry to guarantee clean, stable, continuous power when needed most.

The ultra-efficient design found within the HXi Series generates minimal heat and runs exceptionally quiet, even when delivering high levels of power. The PSUs meet the stringent requirements for 80 PLUS Platinum certification by achieving greater than 92% energy efficiency - reducing both energy waste and the electrical bill. Built with specially selected low-noise capacitors and transformers, and a Zero-RPM Fan Mode (that only spins the PSU fan under the heaviest loads), the HXi Series PSU deliver ultra-low noise operation during common daily use. Within, a 140 mm fluid dynamic bearing fan runs quietly at all speeds for remarkably discreet operation and additional cooling.

Lastly, Corsair Link software gives enthusiasts complete control over their HXi PSU. Real-time temperature, power usage, efficiency monitoring, and selectable single/multi rail mode straight from the desktop.

"When we launched the first PSUs in 2006, the HX Series redefined what a PC PSU should be, raising the bar for PSU quality and performance and making them a long-trusted favorite of PC enthusiasts," said Aaron Neal, product manager of PSUs at Corsair. "The new HXi PSUs build on that legacy with upgraded efficiency, fully modular cables, software monitoring, and some of the best voltage regulation, noise, and ripple specs in their class."

Specifications:

•80 PLUS Platinum efficiency

•Fully modular DC cable set

•100% Japanese electrolytic capacitors rated at 105°c

•Zero-RPM fan mode for virtually silent operation at low and medium loads

•Corsair Link support for monitoring efficiency, voltages, power output, temperature, and fan speed plus user customizable setting of rail modes and fan speed.

•Fluid dynamic bearing fan

•Continuous power rated at 50° Celsius

•Models and MSRP USD pricing

HX750i 750 watt: $169.99
HX850i 850 watt: $189.99
HX1000i 1000 watt: $229.99

Availability
The HXi Series PSUs are backed by a seven-year warranty and will be available from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized retailers and distributors in August 2014.

Corsair_HX1000i_01.jpg

Corsair introduces the world's FIRST Cherry MX RGB gaming keyboard (Again...)

Last January, Corsair captured the excitement of the gaming world with the MX RGB Project - a prototype keyboard demonstrating the brilliance of Cherry MX RGB mechanical key switches with customizable per-key 16.8 million color animated backlighting. After months of anticipation, the K95 RGB and K70 RGB mechanical gaming keyboards, plus a M65 RGB gaming mouse, are making their debut. The new keyboards are the first and only keyboards featuring the high-precision German-made Cherry MX RGB key switches.

The K70 RGB and K95 RGB exhibit all of Corsair's hallmark features: sleek design, ultra-accurate components, and sturdy metal construction combining for minimalist looks, pinpoint accuracy, and long-lasting performance. Powerful editing software enables creation of unlimited lighting effects and macros, from solid colors that can highlight key groupings, to gradients and ripple patterns that can provide a visual cue that a macro or in-game timer has completed. In addition, program effects such as background, foreground, action, and type lighting to run concurrently with up to ten levels of brightness. These customization options let a gamer match PC system lighting, find gaming keys faster, and provide critical visual feedback for executing in-game objectives.

Corsair_Vengeance_K70_RGB_01.jpg

Corsair_Vengeance_K95_RGB_01.jpg

Corsair Announces the Hydro Series HG10 GPU Cooling bracket

Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance PC hardware, today announced the Hydro Series HG10 GPU cooling bracket, a powerful new accessory that gives gamers the opportunity to replace a stock graphics card cooler with any of Corsair's Hydro Series liquid CPU coolers. The resulting upgrade unleashes the GPU's hidden graphics performance by reducing GPU temperatures by as much as 50°C (122F), cutting down on droning fan noise, reducing GPU throttling, and boosting overclocking potential.

In conjunction with the new HG10, Corsair also premiered new LED-infused versions of its award-winning Air Series SP120 and SP140 static pressure fans in five different colors - red, white, blue, green, or purple.Hydro Series HG10 GPU Liquid Cooling Bracket

The HG10 offers full coverage for compatible reference-design GPUs, meaning it's not just cooling your GPU itself, but the red-hot VRMs and VRAM on your card. After installing the HG10 GPU bracket, a PC enthusiast can mount any Corsair Hydro Series liquid CPU cooler (available separately) to chill their graphics card's GPU (up to 50°C) and VRM/VRAM (up to 25°C) lower than stock temperatures. Don't be afraid to push that overclock and extract every bit of performance from a graphics card - paired with a Hydro Series cooler, the HG10 can quickly dissipate large amounts of heat, and will reduce noise significantly compared to the GPU's stock fan.

The HG10 is a straightforward to install. With only an ordinary screwdriver, you can easily swap your graphics card's stock cooler with the HG10 bracket - all without the hassle and mess of installing a custom "open loop" liquid cooling setup. The HG10 cleverly re-uses the stock cooler's radial fan, ensuring consistent airflow over the graphics card's memory and power circuitry while maintaining compatibility with the GPU's built-in fan control circuitry.

The HG10 is priced at $39.99 and available in several editions designed for specific AMD and NVIDIA graphics cards layouts. The first available edition - due in June - supports the AMD 290x/290 reference cards. Future versions for NVIDIA and other AMD cards arrive later this year

.•Construction
Black anodized aluminum with opaque black ABS shroud•Compatible liquid coolers:
Corsair Hydro Series H110, H105, H100i, H100, H80i, H80, H75, H60, H55•HG10 Editions and supported graphics cards:
HG10 A1 Edition - AMD RadeonTM R9 290X/290 reference cards
HG10 N1 Edition - NVIDIA GeForce Titan, 780 Ti, 780, 770 (coming Q3)•Warranty: 2 years

•Price: $39.99

Air Series LED SP120 and LED SP140 High-Performance Edition Static Pressure Case Fans
The visually striking Air Series SP120 LED and SP140 LED fans incorporate the award-winning design of Corsair's SP series fans - a design that utilizes seven ultra-wide, custom-molded blades to deliver higher static pressure for radiators and heat sinks, resulting in superior cooling efficiency. Rubber mounts and highly reliable hydraulic bearings deliver outstanding cooling with exceptionally low vibration, noise, and turbulence. These new LED fans are available in 120 mm and 140 mm sizes with red, white, blue, green, or purple LED lighting which illuminate the clear-frosted blades with four vivid LEDs.

Air Series SP120 LED•MSRP: $12.99 single pack / $23.99 double pack

•Size: 120 mm x 25 mm
•Operating Voltage: 7-12V
•Airflow: 57.24 CFM
•Static Pressure: 1.6 mm/H20
•RPM: 1550
•Sound level: 26.4 dBA
•Connector: 3-pin
Air Series SP140 LED•MSRP: $15.99 single pack / $29.99 double pack
•Size: 140 mm x 25 mm
•Operating Voltage: 7-12V
•Airflow: 49.49 CFM
•Static Pressure: 1.17 mm/H20
•RPM: 1440
•Sound level: 29.3 dBA
•Connector: 3-pin

Corsair_Hydro_Series_HG10_01.jpgCorsair_Hydro_Series_HG10_02.jpg

Cosair Announces a Trio of Cases

Corsair, designer of high-performance PC hardware components, today announced three high-end PC cases: the Carbide Series Air 240 for mini-ITX, Graphite Series 780T full-tower, and the portable Graphite Series 380T mini-ITX. All three cases feature sleek design, incredible cooling potential, space for large components (such as 240 mm watercooling radiators and a full-length graphics card), and a range of thoughtful extras and innovative features for a pleasant, stress-free building experience.

Carbide Series Air 240 Mini-ITX & Micro-ATX PC Case

Whether you are into mini-ITX or micro-ATX, the Carbide Series Air 240 is the PC case Corsair fans have been asking for: a stylish mini PC case that can keep today's most powerful components cool. The cube-shaped chassis comes in either black or white colors, complete with side-window, and optimized for powerful air or water cooling configurations (including room for a 240 mm radiator or two) without sacrificing space for a full-size graphics card-an impressive feat for a compact PC.

Corsair's Direct Airflow Pathway Cooling layout and three included AF120 fans guide cool air to your PC's hottest components and ensure outstanding cooling performance. Meanwhile, hard disk drives and the power supply stay tucked away behind the motherboard out of sight. Advanced cable routing options hide airflow-restricting cables and provide easy connectivity with front panel USB 3.0 ports.

Graphite Series 780T Full-Tower PC Case
Go big with the strikingly styled Graphite Series 780T Full-Tower PC case. The 780T's aggressive rounded looks -available in black or white - compliment the rugged construction while the internals raise the bar for PC case design, cooling, and expansion capabilities. The latched easy-open side window panel reveals a cavernous interior with enough room to accommodate dual 360 mm watercooling radiators, nine expansion slots and up to nine hard drives. Lastly, a three-mode built-in fan controller lets you to fine-tune the airflow potential of the three included Corsair AF-140 140 mm fans.

Graphite Series 380T Mini-ITX Portable PC Case
The portable Graphite Series 380T, complete with integrated carry handle and multiple color options, gives mini-ITX enthusiasts everything they could want in a PC case. The sleek design starts with rounded corners and a windowed side panel that reveals plenty of space within. The 380T accommodates up to four 3.5in/2.5in drives and a full-length graphics card with ease. There's also a host of cooling options that belie the 380T's small size; fit up to five fans or a 240 mm watercooling radiator such as Corsair's H100i. A Corsair AF-140 140mm and AF120 120mm fan are included to ensure you get great cooling straight out of the box. As with the 780T, an integrated three-speed fan controller allows you to set your own the priority between cooling and silence. With full-tower features in a mini-ITX package, the Graphite Series 380T means there's no need for compromise when building a portable PC.

Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
The list prices for the new products are:

Carbide Series Air 240•Ship Date: August
•List Price: $89.99 - $99.99

Graphite Series 780T•Ship Date: September
•List Price: $179.99 - $189.99

Graphite Series 380T•Ship Date: August
•List Price: $129.99

The cases will be sold through Corsair's worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. All are backed by a two-year warranty, which includes Corsair customer service and technical support.

post-1006-0-90385000-1401709675.jpg

post-1006-0-44277300-1401709686.jpg

post-1006-0-25569000-1401709696.jpg

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

HOLY BANANAS BATMAN!

some of those cases look amazing 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Wow im loving the pandora why has it taken so long to bring out cases that are console sized we have had high end m-ITX boards for the past like 3 chipset generations from intel.

Wow im loving the pandora why has it taken so long to bring out cases that are console sized we have had high end m-ITX boards for the past like 3 chipset generations from intel.

it's not quite THAT small.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

dat atlas doe :wub:

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

I don't mind the Atlas, but everyone's playing catch up to Phanteks now imo.

very true... but tbh a mATX or mITX system that's as big as the evolv  is ridiculous. and the reasons for two systems in one are few and far between.

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

very true... but tbh a mATX or mITX system that's as big as the evolv  is ridiculous. and the reasons for two systems in one are few and far between.

I like the Evolv, small but big enough to put some decent water cooling in.

The last two seem too flashy and OTT to me, and the first looks like an Xbox 360 casing that doesn't fit properly. If the first one was made in a smoked black version, it could look really nice. 

For Christ's sake Corsair, I had decided on the Node 804 because you had no micro-ATX version of the Air 540, now you have one and I'm torn again. > . <

Some really interesting stuff already!

Keep it coming!  B)

I knew corsair was working on some Kraken killers. I'm really looking forward to seeing the HG10 with the big AIO coolers from corsair strapped on.
and they are red/black. perfect for my build. lets hope they are compatible with the 800 series too.

re-uses the stock cooler's radial fan

that is pure genius and cuts cost. wow. so you take the fan out of the stock cooler on the GPU and use it on the HG10.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

Couldn't I just not remove the dust from my fans for the same effect?

Those things are probably hard to clean.

Very good point... I wonder how hard it will be..

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Too many press releases! It's over 9000!

The Bitfenix Atlas reminds me of the Corsair Air 450.

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Very good point... I wonder how hard it will be..

might have to remove the fan and vacuum it I guess....

Lovin the idea of the HG10 and dat Atlas....  :wub:

OK Bitfenix, I love you but you are drunk. Actually, that Atlas could look good with a better paint job that doesn't invoke dreadful Assassin's Creed feelings. God I hate Ubisoft. BARK GRR SNAP

As for the Noctua fans, the one with the fuzz on the outer ring should be good, the principle is good. Not so sure with the fuzzy-bladed one though.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

SP140 Fans confirmed

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I knew corsair was working on some Kraken killers. I'm really looking forward to seeing the HG10 with the big AIO coolers from corsair strapped on.

and they are red/black. perfect for my build. lets hope they are compatible with the 800 series too.

that is pure genius and cuts cost. wow. so you take the fan out of the stock cooler on the GPU and use it on the HG10.

I went with the g10 to get away from the shitty radial fan. No thanks.

Daily Driver:

Those Noctua fans are going to be serious dust magnets.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I went with the g10 to get away from the shitty radial fan. No thanks.

It will be interesting seeing some reviews. I wonder which one will cool better.

and i understand about the radial fan, I wonder if a version will be made so you can mount another fan.

CORSAIR RIPPER: AMD 3970X - 3080TI & 2080TI - 64GB Ram - 2.5TB NVME SSD's - 35" G-Sync 120hz 1440P
MFB (Mining/Folding/Boinc): AMD 1600 - 3080 & 1080Ti - 16GB Ram - 240GB SSD
Dell OPTIPLEX:  Intel i5 6500 - 8GB Ram - 256GB SSD

PC & CONSOLE GAMER

IMO those cases look pretty bad

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)