Samson SR850(Headphones)

To begin with, I don't consider myself an audiophile but I care a lot about music quality. Lets move on now to the review:

I bought this pair of Headphones 1-2 months ago. I was so excited that I found such a great pair of headphones, looking at the specs at that time, in such an aggresive price(34Euro/44$). 

Specifications:

-Semi-Open Construction
-32 Ohms Impedance
-50mm Drivers
-Frequency Response 10Hz-30kHz

Comfort, Construction, Materials:

(8.0-8.5/10)

Right away you'll notice they look a lot like an AKG clone. I am not a fan of auto-adjustable headphones but this doesn't bother me.I believe that I have a medium size head. These headphones are just perfect for my head. But the ear-cups due to their Circumaural type and semi-soft foam(not hard) are a tiny bit uncomfortable, however, after such a long time using them they have become more comfortableThe bars on top are sturdy and provide the grip needed to keep the headphones in place. The grip is not forceful, so it doesn't cause discomfort, nor is it so completely lite that the headphone wobbles off. Very easy to wear. The headband is a vinyl that is molded/stamped to look like leather. Nothing fancy, but it's actually a nice detail compared to just getting bare vinyl I guess. The way the cups attach to the headband and bars is exactly like the AKG sets. There is an elastic band on each cup that pulls it towards the headband, that extends when you place it on yourself and pull down to increase the size of the headband for fit. Literally, the same as AKG.

350x700px-LL-eecabf9a_SR850_5.jpeg350x700px-LL-67ee149f_SR850_4.jpeg

Overall, the headphones are pretty light weight and are fairly comfortable to wear. When you hold them, they don't have a heavy metal feel, they feel like very light plastic, which they are. Plastic and vinyl. They seem to sit just fine over my glasses too.

What comes in the box:

• The headphones themselves of course.
  • 1/4" adapter(cable ends to 3.5mm)
  • Owner's manual

350x700px-LL-d199cd50_SR850_1.jpeg350x700px-LL-68ff0b44_SR850_6.jpeg350x700px-LL-43080248_SR850_2.jpeg

Sound(9.5/10):

Great sound. Natural, not basshead at all. I am not going to talk about lows,mids and highs because I just don't know how :).

Conclusion:

The SR850 is an inexpensive high performer. It destroys everything in its price range and is similar or better, in sound quality, with headphones that cost 150$. Great purchase.

350x700px-LL-5e791e34_SR850_9.jpeg350x700px-LL-9f56e3e1_SR850_11.jpeg

Hope you liked my review(it's my first one)

(The pictures are not mine)

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

Nice review, not too long and wordy.

I've looked at Samson monitors a few times, their stuff seems to be good quality for the price

Nice review, not too long and wordy.

Thank you, mate!

CPU: AMD FX-6100 Black Edition @3.9GHz GPU: XFX 7970 DD (1062/1520 MHz) MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FXA(1st Revision) RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB @ 1333MHz Storage: Corsair Force 3 120GB(Boot) + WD Green 1TB(storage) PSU: FSP AURUM 600W(80+ Gold) CPU Cooler: Cryorig M9a  Case: NZXT Tempst 410 Elite(Mid-Tower) Mouse: Logitech G602(Manufacturer Refurbished) Keyboard: Noppoo Choc Mini(Cherry MX Blue) AUDIO:Sennheiser HD 598+ASUS Xonar DGX Monitor: LG M2280DF 21.5" 1080p(TN-75Hz)

I happen to own these as well, I can vouch for them, they are amazing.

In my opinion they sound better than my $180 ATH-A700.

Asus M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 | AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.9GHz | Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 & Club3D 7950 RoyalKing in the same rig. such dogecoin miningz | 8GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz | Corsair H70 | Antec P280 White Windowed | Asus Xonar DG | Samson SR-850 | Blue Yeti

• 4 months later...

Samson has finally realized the most important thing in selling headphones is to put a hot chick on the box.

"Pardon my French but this is just about the most ignorant blanket statement I've ever read. And though this is the internet, I'm not even exaggerating."

Samson has finally realized the most important thing in selling headphones is to put a hot chick on the box.

Hot chicks on the box is the reason I ended up owning yoga pants....

• 7 months later...

I happen to own these as well, I can vouch for them, they are amazing.

In my opinion they sound better than my $180 ATH-A700.

Sure they are, btw if anyone wants to ''upgrade'' to the sr950 cause of the velour pads, don't do it, they've different sound signatures. The sr950 in few words: bassy one, less sound stage and no fatiguing highs.

Talking about comfort for both samsons they are both PITA in confort therms, even if the last model has velour pads, so one thing a MUST do during the burn phase is this, i dit it for about three days and now i can use it for hours

sr950jvcsplit.jpg