Jump to content

Scammed By Asus Service

Go to solution Solved by mrburgundy,

FINAL UPDATE
Asus India sided with me and agreed that the device was not opened prior to me submiting it to the service center. They agreed that a wrong board was ordered for my laptop. The service center put in a new 6gb vram board and returned the laptop to me. No charges were incurred.

i have a rog zephyrus g16(2023) with a warranty valid till 2026. A few days ago, i switched my gpu mode from Optimised to Ultimate in the Armoury Crate and was prompted to restart my device. On restart, my display did not work. I took it to my nearest service center (in India) on the 19th of June for repairs. They took the device, opened it up, checked it and told me a replacement motherboard and display were ordered for my device and that my warranty would cover the repairs.

 

On the 25th, they called me to their location and told me that a chip was missing on my motherboard and that they would not repair my device and that my warranty would not work. They accused me of tampering with the device.They tried to make me sign their service form to close the ticket. I did not sign anything.
I had never opened up the device nor do i have the tools to open up the device.

 

My device is now effectively a brick. I have to probably approach the consumer courts here to get a resolution. 

 

Terrible experience, would not recommend asus laptops to anyone in India.

IMG_0125.png

IMG_0129.png

IMG_0130.png

c22a4358-b898-42c7-ac14-647960fbb5b3.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, mrburgundy said:

i have a rog zephyrus g16(2023) with a warranty valid till 2026. A few days ago, i switched my gpu mode from Optimised to Ultimate in the Armoury Crate and was prompted to restart my device. On restart, my display did not work. I took it to my nearest service center (in India) on the 19th of June for repairs. They took the device, opened it up, checked it and told me a replacement motherboard and display were ordered for my device and that my warranty would cover the repairs.

 

On the 25th, they called me to their location and told me that a chip was missing on my motherboard and that they would not repair my device and that my warranty would not work. They accused me of tampering with the device.They tried to make me sign their service form to close the ticket. I did not sign anything.
I had never opened up the device nor do i have the tools to open up the device.

 

My device is now effectively a brick. I have to probably approach the consumer courts here to get a resolution. 

 

Terrible experience, would not recommend asus laptops to anyone in India.

IMG_0125.png

IMG_0129.png

IMG_0130.png

c22a4358-b898-42c7-ac14-647960fbb5b3.jpeg

What "chip" is missing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

i believe it is the vram near the gpu, they said there is an empty slot there

they compared it to the replacement board and said its missing. case closed for them

mind you it is a 4050 with 6gb of vram. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me of a youtube video 1 month ago that Gamers Nexus posted.

I'm sorry to hear that Asus has scammed you too with a warranty case.

 

 

I have a montherboard and PSU from Asus bought less than a year ago.... I hope I won't suffer something similar

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Asus allegedly created a direct line for things like this. It was in this video somewhere I think.

 

 

 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's most likely their reassuring statement holds no merit and their ways haven't changed

Spoiler

We want to assure our customers that any repairs covered under the manufacturer's limited warranty have always been and will continue to be free of charge.

I haven't used Asus since I bought an expensive motherboard and it would take 1 minute 30 seconds to get past bios in fast boot mode, pentium 4 socket.

 

edit: Seen second video above, Good steps taken by Asus, They've really raised the bar. GamerNexus Thanks.

The Hermit Build

The answer to PC cooling is aircon. RGB sucks. Have you tried turning it off and on again

Adv Dip Computer Engineering  |  CCNA  |  ITIL  |  macOS Support Essentials  |  Security + |  Internal Cabling License  |  SAA-C03  |  RHCSA (studying)

 Level 2 Support full admin AD  |  IBM Server Build Technician  |  Various IT consulting work

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Nuzicx said:

It's most likely their reassuring statement holds no merit and their ways haven't changed

  Reveal hidden contents

We want to assure our customers that any repairs covered under the manufacturer's limited warranty have always been and will continue to be free of charge.

I haven't used Asus since I bought an expensive motherboard and it would take 1 minute 30 seconds to get past bios in fast boot mode, pentium 4 socket.

To be fair, big corporate monsters can take time to roll out company-wide changes to their regional subsidiaries, especially when it involves holding sub-contractors to account.

 

If they really judged the situation based on how many VRAM chips are on the replacement board, then that contractor needs firing as that's insane.  As mentioned, the replacement board is probably an 8GB model so is fully populated.  Its going to be pretty clear that chip never existed, as you would see the mark left by the thermal compound on the heat spreader.

ASUS B650E-F GAMING WIFI + R7 7800X3D + 2x Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR5-6000 CL30-36-36-76  + ASUS RTX 4090 TUF Gaming OC

Router:  Intel N100 (pfSense) Backup: GL.iNet GL-X3000/ Spitz AX Switches: Netgear MS510TXUP, MS510TXPP, GS110EMX
WiFi6: Zyxel NWA210AX (1.7Gbit peak at 160Mhz) WiFi5: Ubiquiti NanoHD OpenWRT (~500Mbit at 80Mhz)
ISPs: Zen Full Fibre 900 (~930Mbit down, 115Mbit up) + Three 5G (~1200Mbit down, 115Mbit up, variable)
Upgrading Laptop/Desktop CNVIo WiFi 5 cards to PCIe WiFi6e/7

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/26/2024 at 3:02 AM, Alex Atkin UK said:

To be fair, big corporate monsters can take time to roll out company-wide changes to their regional subsidiaries, especially when it involves holding sub-contractors to account.

 

If they really judged the situation based on how many VRAM chips are on the replacement board, then that contractor needs firing as that's insane.  As mentioned, the replacement board is probably an 8GB model so is fully populated.  Its going to be pretty clear that chip never existed, as you would see the mark left by the thermal compound on the heat spreader.

thats what i suspected, my sku is a gu603vu, the replacement board must have been for a gu603vv sku.

Asus India’s technical team are looking into my complaint is what i was told today

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

If you look at the model number in the service form provided to me, they write is as GU603.

 

My laptop is a GU603VU sku

 

Asus also sells a GU603VV with the only difference between the two being the GPU and VRAM.

 

I can only come to the conclusion that a GU603VV board was ordered for my GU603VU laptop

9d6ef12d-7ee3-446c-a5ee-b41ecbee4399.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2024 at 9:30 PM, mrburgundy said:

i believe it is the vram near the gpu, they said there is an empty slot there

they compared it to the replacement board and said its missing. case closed for them

mind you it is a 4050 with 6gb of vram. 

Then the people at the service centre are idiots as that laptop can have THREE DIFFERENT GPUs with the 4060 and 4070 having 8GB of VRAM meaning that empty place would be populated with the required chip since it would be 4 x 2GB VRAM chips while the version you have would only require three VRAM chips.

 

The replacement board probably had either the RTX4060 or RTX4070 GPU meaning that they're stupid for not ordering the correct board for your specific laptop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

FINAL UPDATE
Asus India sided with me and agreed that the device was not opened prior to me submiting it to the service center. They agreed that a wrong board was ordered for my laptop. The service center put in a new 6gb vram board and returned the laptop to me. No charges were incurred.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×