Jump to content

Should i pay someone else to build my pc?

11 minutes ago, Winged Ass said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/2F9CTP5BUDAFI?ref_=wl_share
 

the above list is my first planned pc build, everythings arrived and now im split between building the pc by myself and going to a tech store to build it for me.

 

what should i do?

Building a PC is surprisingly easy. Just watch a guide or tutorial like @Needfuldoer linked 🙂

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Winged Ass said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/2F9CTP5BUDAFI?ref_=wl_share
 

the above list is my first planned pc build, everythings arrived and now im split between building the pc by myself and going to a tech store to build it for me.

 

what should i do?

I have a better question, are you up for a bargain in part choice?

 

If the answer is yes, here is my bargain:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£104.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M K Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£76.98 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: *Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£34.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£56.90 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Core Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB Video Card  (£208.47 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Montech AIR 100 ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£56.04 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A550BN 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£49.98 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £588.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-25 11:19 BST+0100

 

 

  • As far as building goes, I was able to do it with a little help from videos, my knowledge, and when I got stuck I reached out on the Forums here, and got help.

 

  • I have built 1 PC, that I upgraded several times, case, PSU, Motherboard, GPU, M.2 SSD, basically almost all possible upgrades with just knowledge, care, and little help from the LTT Forums when I got stuck

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

  1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Winged Ass said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/2F9CTP5BUDAFI?ref_=wl_share
 

the above list is my first planned pc build, everythings arrived and now im split between building the pc by myself and going to a tech store to build it for me.

 

what should i do?

You can pay me 😄

Seriously, build it yourself, it's fun, cheaper, satisfying, and there's a wonderful community here to help if you have issues 🙂

And to prevent issues don't buy that crappy TT Smart PSU, get a decent one like a MSI MAG

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Winged Ass said:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/wishlist/ls/2F9CTP5BUDAFI?ref_=wl_share
 

the above list is my first planned pc build, everythings arrived and now im split between building the pc by myself and going to a tech store to build it for me.

 

what should i do?

My brother just built his own PC for the first time yesterday, he had help from me and you've got the forum to help you out too. And your setup is really similar to his. 

 

Here are the resources I shared with him

How to put ram in the motherboard:

How to put an M.2 SSD into a motherboard:

 

How to put a CPU into a motherboard:

 

 

You can refer to your motherboard manual, which can be conveniently downloaded from the manufacturers website, to see where everything like the fans plug in

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, podkall said:

I have a better question, are you up for a bargain in part choice?

 

If the answer is yes, here is my bargain:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£104.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M K Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£76.98 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: *Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£34.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£56.90 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Core Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB Video Card  (£208.47 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Montech AIR 100 ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£56.04 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A550BN 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£49.98 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £588.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-25 11:19 BST+0100

 

 

  • As far as building goes, I was able to do it with a little help from videos, my knowledge, and when I got stuck I reached out on the Forums here, and got help.

 

  • I have built 1 PC, that I upgraded several times, case, PSU, Motherboard, GPU, M.2 SSD, basically almost all possible upgrades with just knowledge, care, and little help from the LTT Forums when I got stuck

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9Mh2dH

doubled rams

upgraded ssd

upgraded psu

18£ cheaper

 

though all new is pretty stupid

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6yh2dH

slight mixed of used gives you a 6700xt

 

find a good enough deal on one and you wont even have to bother with a used cpu if you dont want to (though that is a very easy 25£ save), this is mostly leaning towards convenience hence the rather meh specs for mix used <600£

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bqtkN6

heres max used so ill list the upgrades over new/slightly used

 

3080 instead of a 6700xt/6650xt

psu upgraded to rm850x or equivalent

board upgraded to a midranger b3/450

 

downside is alot more used parts which means itll be abit more of a hassle but you do get massivepy upgraded hardware

 

3080 are usually 350£ but you can haggle them down, Also helps if you get a good deal

 

used rm850x or equivalent are ~50£ again can haggle them down abit

 

used midranger b3/450 can go under 50£ particularly for asus prime boards for whatever reason last time i looked at uk fb marketplace

 

btw you can haggle all used parts but lower priced parts i wouldnt expect you to be able to haggle that much

 

 

oh and maybe i shouldnt be doing this cause itd be pretty disheartening to know that you could have gotten a 6700xt in or even a 3080 in budget =p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Winged Ass said:

everythings arrived and now im split between building the pc by myself and going to a tech store to build it for me.

 

I'd HIGHLY recommend building it yourself. 
There are many reasons but the primary ones are familiarizing yourself with physical process of assembling a computer and money savings

What is making you hesitant?

 

5950X/4090FE primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Hinjima said:

Building a PC is surprisingly easy. Just watch a guide or tutorial like @Needfuldoer linked 🙂

 

Yep, i’ve decided to build the pc 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, podkall said:

I have a better question, are you up for a bargain in part choice?

 

If the answer is yes, here is my bargain:

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600 3.5 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£104.99 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550M K Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£76.98 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: *Silicon Power GAMING 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory  (£34.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (£56.90 @ Amazon UK)
Video Card: XFX Speedster SWFT 210 Core Radeon RX 6650 XT 8 GB Video Card  (£208.47 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Montech AIR 100 ARGB MicroATX Mid Tower Case  (£56.04 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A550BN 550 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£49.98 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £588.35
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-25 11:19 BST+0100

 

 

  • As far as building goes, I was able to do it with a little help from videos, my knowledge, and when I got stuck I reached out on the Forums here, and got help.

 

  • I have built 1 PC, that I upgraded several times, case, PSU, Motherboard, GPU, M.2 SSD, basically almost all possible upgrades with just knowledge, care, and little help from the LTT Forums when I got stuck

To be honest with all the components delivered i’d rather just build this and get it over with

 

But i do appreciate you taking time out of your day to find a better deal on my behalf 🫶

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Fasauceome said:

My brother just built his own PC for the first time yesterday, he had help from me and you've got the forum to help you out too. And your setup is really similar to his. 

 

Here are the resources I shared with him

How to put ram in the motherboard:

How to put an M.2 SSD into a motherboard:

 

How to put a CPU into a motherboard:

 

 

You can refer to your motherboard manual, which can be conveniently downloaded from the manufacturers website, to see where everything like the fans plug in

Thank you! And yeah, i’ve looked at my motherboards manual and i think i have a general idea. Ill make sure to check out the resources but right now im planning to use this as a guide 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/9Mh2dH

doubled rams

upgraded ssd

upgraded psu

18£ cheaper

 

though all new is pretty stupid

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/6yh2dH

slight mixed of used gives you a 6700xt

 

find a good enough deal on one and you wont even have to bother with a used cpu if you dont want to (though that is a very easy 25£ save), this is mostly leaning towards convenience hence the rather meh specs for mix used <600£

 

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/bqtkN6

heres max used so ill list the upgrades over new/slightly used

 

3080 instead of a 6700xt/6650xt

psu upgraded to rm850x or equivalent

board upgraded to a midranger b3/450

 

downside is alot more used parts which means itll be abit more of a hassle but you do get massivepy upgraded hardware

 

3080 are usually 350£ but you can haggle them down, Also helps if you get a good deal

 

used rm850x or equivalent are ~50£ again can haggle them down abit

 

used midranger b3/450 can go under 50£ particularly for asus prime boards for whatever reason last time i looked at uk fb marketplace

 

btw you can haggle all used parts but lower priced parts i wouldnt expect you to be able to haggle that much

 

 

oh and maybe i shouldnt be doing this cause itd be pretty disheartening to know that you could have gotten a 6700xt in or even a 3080 in budget =p

I’d consider this but all the parts have arrived and i dont consider myself nearly savvy enough to search for genuine cheaper components 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, OddOod said:

I'd HIGHLY recommend building it yourself. 
There are many reasons but the primary ones are familiarizing yourself with physical process of assembling a computer and money savings

What is making you hesitant?

 

I’ve decided to build the pc myself

 

honestly its all the cabling and updating the BIOS before i can actually + if i mess up severely it becomes a £600 paperweight lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Winged Ass said:

honestly its all the cabling and updating the BIOS before i can actually + if i mess up severely it becomes a £600 paperweight lol

unless your location suffers from consistant blackouts/brownouts you should be safe updating bios

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

  1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

On 6/25/2024 at 6:10 PM, Winged Ass said:

To be honest with all the components delivered i’d rather just build this and get it over with

 

But i do appreciate you taking time out of your day to find a better deal on my behalf 🫶

I will say that the Ryzen 5500 is widely regarded as a remarkably bad CPU and the power supply you chose is Tier F • Replace immediately in the PSU tier list

5950X/4090FE primary rig  |  1920X/1070Ti Unraid for dockers  |  200TB TrueNAS w/ 1:1 backup

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, OddOod said:

I will say that the Ryzen 5500 is widely regarded as a remarkably bad CPU and the power supply you chose is Tier F • Replace immediately in the PSU tier list

they already got those components, Smart isn't the best model, probably will work, but wouldn't push it's limits, so I'd recommend replacing that CPU if any faster hardware is gonna be bought

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

current PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

  1. Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050
  2. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050
  3. Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×