Jump to content

Want to order today. What are you thinking about these parts?

Budget (including currency): 1500 - 2000 €

Country: Germany

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Videoediting, no gaming

Other details

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6WL47R

I know the airflow of the case is not optimal, but I fell in love with the design.

I also will take some storage from my current PC to the new one, thats why it's not listed.

 

Any concerns? Any experiences with the Intel GPU?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don’t bother with a 13900K if you’re not going to OC, get a regular 13900.

Or get a Z690/790 motherboard and oc.


I daily used an Arc A770 from launch until very recently. Nothing super notable about it, most of its issues from launch have long since been resolved. Never came across any oddball issues within at least the last year.

It’s a good choice for your use of video editing, 4k editing will like more vram but 16gb isn’t vital, you could probably do the 8gb A770 no problem. 
Dedicated AV1 though is great, I did a lot of screen and game recording/streaming with it and it was noticeably faster and less resource intensive than my 3070ti was managing.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Don’t bother with a 13900K if you’re not going to OC, get a regular 13900.

Or get a Z690/790 motherboard and oc.


I daily used an Arc A770 from launch until very recently. Nothing super notable about it, most of its issues from launch have long since been resolved. Never came across any oddball issues within at least the last year.

It’s a good choice for your use of video editing, 4k editing will like more vram but 16gb isn’t vital, you could probably do the 8gb A770 no problem. 
Dedicated AV1 though is great, I did a lot of screen and game recording/streaming with it and it was noticeably faster and less resource intensive than my 3070ti was managing.

 

Does the 13900 have integrated graphics as well?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, lelge said:

Budget (including currency): 1500 - 2000 €

Country: Germany

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Videoediting, no gaming

Other details

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6WL47R

I know the airflow of the case is not optimal, but I fell in love with the design.

I also will take some storage from my current PC to the new one, thats why it's not listed.

 

Any concerns? Any experiences with the Intel GPU?

 

Hmmm

If you're editing get a 7950X (or wait for 9950x)

i9 is inefficient and hot as hell, plus has degradation issues if "overpowered" at max clocks

I can't understand why pairing it with a A770 for videoediting, won't a 4070 or such be more powerful at that ?

 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, lelge said:

Does the 13900 have integrated graphics as well?

With Intel CPUs, the ones that lack integrated graphics are the F variations. So the 13700 has integrated graphics, but the 13700F does not, for example. 

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

 

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

 

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Hmmm

If you're editing get a 7950X (or wait for 9950x)

i9 is inefficient and hot as hell, plus has degradation issues if "overpowered" at max clocks

I can't understand why pairing it with a A770 for videoediting, won't a 4070 or such be more powerful at that ?

 

Unfortunately the 7950X doesnt support hardware decoding

 

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/what-h-264-and-h-265-hardware-decoding-is-supported-in-davinci-resolve-studio-2122/#Hardware_Decoding_Support_in_DaVinci_Resolve_Studio

 

https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/What-H-264-and-H-265-Hardware-Decoding-is-Supported-in-Premiere-Pro-2120/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Consider getting a contact frame, there are cheap ones available from Ali/Amazon

IMG_0875.png

Edited by leclod

I'm willing to swim against the current.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, lelge said:

But you'll get it on an NVidia 30 or 40 GPU for many medias, won't that work for you ?

Anyway even then you'd better with a more manageable i7 13700/14700 (non K non F) imo

 

I'd suggest that (Germany localized):

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-14700 2.1 GHz 20-Core Processor  (€408.69 @ Galaxus)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€68.98 @ Aquatuning)
Motherboard: MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€144.85 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Patriot Viper Venom 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6800 CL34 Memory  (€137.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN580 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€108.00 @ Galaxus)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC V2 GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  (€555.99 @ Galaxus)
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case  (€135.82 @ Proshop)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack  (€22.90 @ Alza)
Total: €1693.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-24 19:47 CEST+0200

 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, leclod said:

Consider getting a contact frame, there are cheap ones available from Ali/Amazon

IMG_0875.png

Does my aoi not include a contact frame?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Anyway even then you'd better with a more manageable i7 13700/14700 (non K non F) imo

 

The i9-13900, i9-14900, i7-13700 and i7-14700 have identical thermal envelopes, 65W - 219W.

 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, lelge said:

Does my aoi not include a contact frame?

 

It does.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

But you'll get it on an NVidia 30 or 40 GPU for many medias, won't that work for you ?

Anyway even then you'd better with a more manageable i7 13700/14700 (non K non F) imo

 

I'd suggest that (Germany localized):

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i7-14700 2.1 GHz 20-Core Processor  (€408.69 @ Galaxus)
CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  (€68.98 @ Aquatuning)
Motherboard: MSI B760 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  (€144.85 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Memory: Patriot Viper Venom 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6800 CL34 Memory  (€137.89 @ Alternate)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN580 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  (€108.00 @ Galaxus)
Video Card: Gigabyte GAMING OC V2 GeForce RTX 4070 12 GB Video Card  (€555.99 @ Galaxus)
Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case  (€135.82 @ Proshop)
Power Supply: MSI MAG A850GL PCIE5 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  (€109.90 @ Amazon Deutschland)
Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 PST 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack  (€22.90 @ Alza)
Total: €1693.02
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-06-24 19:47 CEST+0200

 

thanks for putting together a list!
is the i9 tempature problem even with my 420mm aoi not managable/worth the hustle?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lelge said:

thanks for putting together a list!
is the i9 tempature problem even with my 420mm aoi not managable/worth the hustle?

 

It is very manageable, just run with Intel stock settings rather than no power limits.

 

Enthusiasts and reviewers love to push systems to extremes. Which accounts for the belief that current i9 thermals are uncontrollable.  Under normal use an i9 cooled by a 420 AIO will be fine and is unlikely to throttle.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, brob said:

 

It is very manageable, just run with Intel stock settings rather than no power limits.

 

Enthusiasts and reviewers love to push systems to extremes. Which accounts for the belief that current i9 thermals are uncontrollable.  Under normal use an i9 cooled by a 420 AIO will be fine and is unlikely to throttle.

 

10 minutes ago, lelge said:

thanks for putting together a list!
is the i9 tempature problem even with my 420mm aoi not managable/worth the hustle?

Yeah it'll work, and won't crash if you don't push it above 300W, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra initial and running power bill cost (Germany having very high electricity price)

Sure it'll make some tasks in 20% less time, but who really cares about a task taking 6 minutes instead of 5 ?

 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

 

Yeah it'll work, and won't crash if you don't push it above 300W, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra initial and running power bill cost (Germany having very high electricity price)

Sure it'll make some tasks in 20% less time, but who really cares about a task taking 6 minutes instead of 5 ?

 

If it's true what brob says, what would you suggest instead?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, lelge said:

If it's true what brob says, what would you suggest instead?

Hrrrm my list above ^^ 😛

14700 if you absolutely need HW decoding on CPU, else 7950X

 

System : AMD R9  7950X3D CPU/ Asus ROG STRIX X670E-E board/ 2x32GB G-Skill Trident Z Neo 6000CL30 RAM ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 cooler (with 2xArctic P12 Max fans) /  2TB WD SN850 NVme + 2TB Crucial T500  NVme  + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD / Corsair RM850x PSU

Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / ASUS ROG AZOTH keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×