Sold By and Shipped By Amazon Vs 3rd Party Vendor?

paulyron

So many products I buy online, whether it could be hygiene products or electronics, many times it would show sold and shipped by amazon which means they are sold and shipped from an amazon warehouse.  Some products however is sold by and shipped from a 3rd party.  Then you have products that are sold by 3rd party and shipped by amazon.  I know in the last scenario, those products are already in amazon warehouse.

The thing is... when you buy a product sold by 3rd party and shipped by amazon, they take it from a completely different area from the sold by amazon and shipped by amazon correct?  Let say there could be 10 different vendors selling the exact product and then you have amazon selling it to.  If someone orders the product sold by 3rd party and shipped by amazon, the amazon worker is taking that product from a different area compared to sold by amazon and shipped by amazon correct?  Thus the same exact product is never mixed between any of the 3rd party vendors selling the same product and amazon itself?  

So it make sense to pay a bit more for a product to be sold by and shipped by amazon compared to sold by 3rd party and shipped by amazon?  I know there are products where it doesn't have this option as it could be sold by and shipped by 3rd party so means that product is never in amazon warehouse correct and that 3rd party handles everything?

When it comes to electronics, it is always better to buy a product sold by and shipped by amazon compared to 3rd party if there is that option?

What products do you avoid buying where it's sold by 3rd party vendor but shipped by amazon?  Would it make sense for more electronics to be fake or something like that with a sold by 3rd party and shipped by amazon compared to sold by and shipped from amazon?  

I remember several posts a while back that said everything is separated so you won't get a 3rd party vendor product if you bought from sold by amazon or it being taken from another 3rd party vendor.  But previous years before that, I heard that isn't true and they take it from the same place so it's all mixed?  Which is true here as of now?

7 minutes ago, paulyron said:

I remember several posts a while back that said everything is separated so you won't get a 3rd party vendor product if you bought from sold by amazon or it being taken from another 3rd party vendor.  But previous years before that, I heard that isn't true and they take it from the same place so it's all mixed?  Which is true here as of now?

I haven't seen confirmation that they stopped comingling, can you link to the thread?

Are you telling me all these same products are mixed from the different 3rd party vendors and amazon?

I mean I read about this years ago so I can't find the exact thread or website that said this.  I remember years ago they said everything was mixed.  But then years later, I remember reading something about it isn't mixed so I'm not sure which is true or not.  

If I think about it, I can't imagine they have a section specifically for one 3rd party vendor as there would be so many in an amazon warehouse right?  Imagine a 3rd party vendor only sell a few products and don't even have a ton of inventory at the amazon warehouse.  But if it's the same product and many vendors sell it, if it's all in the same area or basket or bin so to speak, well they would then be mixing all these correct?  I can't imagine they separate everything in the same area of a specific product and say vendor a, b and then you have amazon.  Then if say there was a return for that item, they are going to make sure it goes back to exactly say vendor e?  So that is what I'm not sure here.  

20 hours ago, paulyron said:

Are you telling me all these same products are mixed from the different 3rd party vendors and amazon?

Yes, that's what comingling is. From my understanding of it, the articles that you can freely read on the Internet say that you have to pay extra to label your own stock.

But if it's the same product and many vendors sell it, if it's all in the same area or basket or bin so to speak, well they would then be mixing all these correct?

Yes, the articles say they have to use same UPC barcode, else they are not considered the same product. There are other requirements too, to be included in the listing.

Then if say there was a return for that item, they are going to make sure it goes back to exactly say vendor e?  So that is what I'm not sure here.  

If you use Amazon fulfilment, I'm pretty sure Amazon handle everything including returns. From what I can gather reading online, there is no return process, the returned item is either: returned to your stock, you're refunded (e.g. if it was damaged during Amazon's shipping process), refunded partially, or you have to eat the entire refund if you (as the seller) are deemed at fault.